DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find it interesting. I was saying this a while back, pay cash, and folks would jump on me. Not that it was you. Can't wait for them to get back on the wagon.
I bet you could still finance, invest the cash instead buying low right now and make out better in a few years but there’s obvious risk.
Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How are people insuring them for over sticker? It seems like if I paid 6K over sticker and total it driving it off the lot the insurance would only pay sticker to replace it. I cannot afford a 6K hit like that.
I would imagine anybody who voluntarily pays $6k over sticker can afford a $6k hit in event of a total collision.

#AFoolAndHisMoney

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2 Cents, wait it out and get exactly what you ordered. Typical bait and switch. I would (well my wife would be) driving a Gladiator Mojave if they didn't play the 7k over msrp, + tire locks, nitro, plus some $3500 EVIC Vehicle finder...lol. I actually had a deal on one at AutoNation in North Richland Hills that magically went up 5k after the paperwork was sent.

I stopped in at the Ford Dealer (first time in 25 years), no 2.7s and all lifted aftermarket soft top 4 door 2.3s, so I ordered one.

It will be worth the wait, mine was.

Salt

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you had the disposable income how much would you be willing to pay over sticker for the Bronco you, and I quote "I really just want a Bronco."

MSRP is just a number. A starting point. Sometimes you can go lower. Sometimes it's higher.

The value isn't what you think it's worth, it's what someone else is willing to pay for it.
Still the same...Supply and stupidity. Most things folks will pay more for go up in value. This will do nothing but go down. So why would you pay more for it because, at a point in time, there is short supply. The folks that have a blog on Youtube paid $40k more then a Raptor was worth.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still the same...Supply and stupidity. Most things folks will pay more for go up in value. This will do nothing but go down. So why would you pay more for it because, at a point in time, there is short supply. The folks that have a blog on Youtube paid $40k more then a Raptor was worth.
I don't think you understand what "worth" means.

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK…. Eveybody should know what their insurance is going to pay in the event of a total loss. There is no norm. It’s spelled out in the fine print of your policy. Gap insurance may pay off the loan difference depending on how your policy reads, you would get nothing.

There are Agreed Value Policies, Replacement Value Policies and Depreciated Value Policies. You should know what you are paying for. DON’T ASSUME ANYTHING!!

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had my midlife crisis late and decided I wanted a Bronco in May of 2022. To late to order a 2022 so I am waiting to order a 2023 with a local dealer (although it sounds like that may not happen either). I search several websites daily looking for used Bronco's hoping the prices will come down. This morning my search on CarFax.com got a hit for a Bronco that is close to what I want. The price on CarFax was 35,999 and the sticker was 36,035. I went to the dealers website and sure enough the price was the same on that site. I did the chat and received a call from the dealership immediately. They collected my information and said a manager would call me to get everything setup. It was two and a half hours before the manager called me back. In the meantime I did refresh the dealer website and the price jumped by 6,000 to 41,999. Sure enough the manager calls and when I ask him about the price I get "Oh that was an accounting error and the price is 41,999" The price is still 35,999 on CarFax because I am sure they only update their site once a day. Really disappointed and frustrated because I was ready to purchase today.
1672775885156.png

I really wish people would stop paying over sticker so the prices would come down. I would not flip it either no matter how much someone would pay, I really just want a Bronco.

1672775850147.png
Because it is a 2-door (which you can get only with a hard top) they probably can get over MSRP. You might have more negotiating leverage on a 4-door soft top.

Jeffp1108

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I don't think you understand what "worth" means.
Dude….we ALL understand “supply and demand”….and “worth”. All some are saying is STOP with the paying exorbitant ADM and dealers will STOP charging it. THAT is supply and demand as well!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude….we ALL understand “supply and demand”….and “worth”. All some are saying is STOP with the paying exorbitant ADM and dealers will STOP charging it. THAT is supply and demand as well!
I don't think some of you do.

You can't tell people what they want and what they can or can't do to get that.

I mean you can, but they won't listen.

People want a Bronco. Some of us are willing to wait, some are willing to pay extra to get it faster. Both are in the right.

But calling the ADM exorbitant is showing that you don't know what something is worth. Only what you think it's worth. Which doesn't matter if you're not trying to buy it.

Jeffp1108

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Be right, friend. 🤷‍♂️

I don't think some of you do.

You can't tell people what they want and what they can or can't do to get that.

I mean you can, but they won't listen.

People want a Bronco. Some of us are willing to wait, some are willing to pay extra to get it faster. Both are in the right.

But calling the ADM exorbitant is showing that you don't know what something is worth. Only what you think it's worth. Which doesn't matter if you're not trying to buy it.

Sponsored

Mike D

Outer Banks
First Name
MikefromAACO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you had the disposable income how much would you be willing to pay over sticker for the Bronco you, and I quote "I really just want a Bronco."

MSRP is just a number. A starting point. Sometimes you can go lower. Sometimes it's higher.

The value isn't what you think it's worth, it's what someone else is willing to pay for it.
Agreed. First, MSRP doesn’t really mean that much. Some of the same people that would not pay $3000 over MSRP for a $55,000 vehicle would happily pay $58,000 if that was the MSRP on the same exact vehicle. Second, a few thousand dollars just isn’t that much money to some folks, so why wouldn’t they pay over MSRP? Not everybody is in the same situation, that’s just the reality of America.

Last edited:

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. First, MSRP doesn’t really mean that much. Some of the same people that would not pay $3000 over MSRP for a $55,000 vehicle would happily pay $58,000 if that was the MSRP on the same exact vehicle. Second, a few thousand dollars just isn’t that much money to some folks, so why wouldn’t they pay over MSRP? Not everybody is in the same situation, that’s just the reality of America.
Bless you son, the journey is a little less lonely now. :D

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
But does the SAG really care about the consumer when dealing with car dealers? This is a nationwide problem and are any states doing anything about it? In this case they will claim carfax had the wrong number not the dealership.
We'll, my AG (in Arizona) just hit a Nissan Dealership with about 1/2 mil in penalties for deceptive practices. (in this case it was mandatory add-ons).

So, yeah, it's going to depend on the State and the AG. And probably if he or she is up for re-election...

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We'll, my AG (in Arizona) just hit a Nissan Dealership with about 1/2 mil in penalties for deceptive practices. (in this case it was mandatory add-ons).

So, yeah, it's going to depend on the State and the AG. And probably if he or she is up for re-election...
Or how much Funding he or she is getting from “industry reelection funding”, or direct graft and corruption.
Sponsored