First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had my midlife crisis late and decided I wanted a Bronco in May of 2022. To late to order a 2022 so I am waiting to order a 2023 with a local dealer (although it sounds like that may not happen either). I search several websites daily looking for used Bronco's hoping the prices will come down. This morning my search on CarFax.com got a hit for a Bronco that is close to what I want. The price on CarFax was 35,999 and the sticker was 36,035. I went to the dealers website and sure enough the price was the same on that site. I did the chat and received a call from the dealership immediately. They collected my information and said a manager would call me to get everything setup. It was two and a half hours before the manager called me back. In the meantime I did refresh the dealer website and the price jumped by 6,000 to 41,999. Sure enough the manager calls and when I ask him about the price I get "Oh that was an accounting error and the price is 41,999" The price is still 35,999 on CarFax because I am sure they only update their site once a day. Really disappointed and frustrated because I was ready to purchase today.
Ford Bronco New to this site, sharing my disappointment for today 1672775885156

I really wish people would stop paying over sticker so the prices would come down. I would not flip it either no matter how much someone would pay, I really just want a Bronco.

1672775850147.png
Sponsored

OP
OP

CheapFish

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How are people insuring them for over sticker? It seems like if I paid 6K over sticker and total it driving it off the lot the insurance would only pay sticker to replace it. I cannot afford a 6K hit like that.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not worth the time and aggravation. Go buy some other 4x4 preferably open top (new or used), find a trail and start having some off-road adventures. The experience and adventure is the thing, not which vehicle you happen to be driving.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

A few seem to have lucked out and wandered off the street into a new Bronco at MSRP but not many. Try your local dealers or cast a wider net but you're fishing in a pretty shallow pond so it depends on how hungry you are as to what you want to pay.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you have the cash, just hang on. As interest rates keep going up and the price of everything rises people will be backing out of their orders and used car prices have already started to crash.
Soon enough you'll be able to get a new Bronco or a used Bronco with low miles.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

that's the surprise ADM!

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How are people insuring them for over sticker? It seems like if I paid 6K over sticker and total it driving it off the lot the insurance would only pay sticker to replace it. I cannot afford a 6K hit like that.
This is another reason people are insane to pay the dealer mark ups

dj101nyc

Wildtrak
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend w/4.27 & rear dif
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had my midlife crisis late and decided I wanted a Bronco in May of 2022. To late to order a 2022 so I am waiting to order a 2023 with a local dealer (although it sounds like that may not happen either). I search several websites daily looking for used Bronco's hoping the prices will come down. This morning my search on CarFax.com got a hit for a Bronco that is close to what I want. The price on CarFax was 35,999 and the sticker was 36,035. I went to the dealers website and sure enough the price was the same on that site. I did the chat and received a call from the dealership immediately. They collected my information and said a manager would call me to get everything setup. It was two and a half hours before the manager called me back. In the meantime I did refresh the dealer website and the price jumped by 6,000 to 41,999. Sure enough the manager calls and when I ask him about the price I get "Oh that was an accounting error and the price is 41,999" The price is still 35,999 on CarFax because I am sure they only update their site once a day. Really disappointed and frustrated because I was ready to purchase today.
Ford Bronco New to this site, sharing my disappointment for today 1672775850147

I really wish people would stop paying over sticker so the prices would come down. I would not flip it either no matter how much someone would pay, I really just want a Bronco.

That's really unfortunate, but it's the reality of our current situation. Happened to me a few times when looking for a 4Runner for the wife past 6 months. It's a industry wide issue with these hot sellers.

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This seems to all be within the State of Texas.

Texas has a “Deceptive Trade Practices Act” to protect consumers, which entitles the one who has been deceived to 3X damages. I do not know if this is a clear cut violation, but you might want to do some research on it or contact the State Consumer Affairs Division.

EDIT: BTW, I live in NW Houston and love my Badlands SAS.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
gap insurance is sold for anything you want. As soon as you drive vehicle off lot you owe more then you paid if you didnt put down a big down payment.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hang in...The dealers won't have this advantage much longer. Find a dealer to work with that will give you a fair deal.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have the cash, just hang on. As interest rates keep going up and the price of everything rises people will be backing out of their orders and used car prices have already started to crash.
Soon enough you'll be able to get a new Bronco or a used Bronco with low miles.
I find it interesting. I was saying this a while back, pay cash, and folks would jump on me. Not that it was you. Can't wait for them to get back on the wagon.
Sponsored