Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By spring dealers will be lucky to get MSRP. Car sales are cooling significantly in all segments.
Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Check cars.com, cargurus.com or similar site where you can sort by “newly listed”

Try to keep the search criteria to the fewest build restrictions as possible, widest range in location, and about $10k above your acceptable price range

Then find a build you want, paste the VIN at the end of this link:

https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=

Call the dealer, they will likely say it is a customer order and already sold, but give them your contact info and tell them to call if the buyer decides not to take it. When you eventually start to get calls you can bargain price and stand your ground on paying MSRP.

rfiorillo

Badlands
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had my midlife crisis late and decided I wanted a Bronco in May of 2022. To late to order a 2022 so I am waiting to order a 2023 with a local dealer (although it sounds like that may not happen either). I search several websites daily looking for used Bronco's hoping the prices will come down. This morning my search on CarFax.com got a hit for a Bronco that is close to what I want. The price on CarFax was 35,999 and the sticker was 36,035. I went to the dealers website and sure enough the price was the same on that site. I did the chat and received a call from the dealership immediately. They collected my information and said a manager would call me to get everything setup. It was two and a half hours before the manager called me back. In the meantime I did refresh the dealer website and the price jumped by 6,000 to 41,999. Sure enough the manager calls and when I ask him about the price I get "Oh that was an accounting error and the price is 41,999" The price is still 35,999 on CarFax because I am sure they only update their site once a day. Really disappointed and frustrated because I was ready to purchase today.
1672775885156.png

I really wish people would stop paying over sticker so the prices would come down. I would not flip it either no matter how much someone would pay, I really just want a Bronco.

1672775850147.png
Keep on looking, be patience and don't settle. Who knows what may happen. It will eventually balance out. Dealership want to sell cars. We know Ford wants to compete with Jeep. So let's see what may change. Rumor has it the order banks may open in month.. so we just don't know. We hope & pray.. That what I am doing

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The price switching tactic is indeed a scam. Charging a mark up over sticker is simply supply and demand.No one is forced to buy over sticker. That being said, I never recall seeing post concerning how one purchased a new vehicle at several thousand dollars under sticker. It won’t be long before the auto makers are begging folks to buy their vehicles again.

Sponsored

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had my midlife crisis late and decided I wanted a Bronco in May of 2022. To late to order a 2022 so I am waiting to order a 2023 with a local dealer (although it sounds like that may not happen either). I search several websites daily looking for used Bronco's hoping the prices will come down. This morning my search on CarFax.com got a hit for a Bronco that is close to what I want. The price on CarFax was 35,999 and the sticker was 36,035. I went to the dealers website and sure enough the price was the same on that site. I did the chat and received a call from the dealership immediately. They collected my information and said a manager would call me to get everything setup. It was two and a half hours before the manager called me back. In the meantime I did refresh the dealer website and the price jumped by 6,000 to 41,999. Sure enough the manager calls and when I ask him about the price I get "Oh that was an accounting error and the price is 41,999" The price is still 35,999 on CarFax because I am sure they only update their site once a day. Really disappointed and frustrated because I was ready to purchase today.
1672775885156.png

I really wish people would stop paying over sticker so the prices would come down. I would not flip it either no matter how much someone would pay, I really just want a Bronco.

1672775850147.png
😭

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People have been waiting 2+ years for their orders and somebody thinks they're going to stroll in to a dealership and get one at sticker? lol...as far as that goes good luck getting nearly anything for sticker if it's on the lot.

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Cars.com is imo the most accurate and up to date. I was on there obsessively looking for one off the lot while I waited for my order to come. I found abouta dozen near me that were MSRP, just none the exact build I wanted. Best bet is to always try to get the vin and look up window sticker on Ford, or they usually have the sticker on their website.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How are people insuring them for over sticker? It seems like if I paid 6K over sticker and total it driving it off the lot the insurance would only pay sticker to replace it. I cannot afford a 6K hit like that.
There is no set value based on price per individual vehicle I am aware of. Insurance companies rate your vehicle based on options but yeah loosely dependant on msrp but any partial claim disregards what you paid and total claims will use msrp of your vehicle minus depreciation1. If you are worried about having a total loss or theft without recovery then don't pay over sticker

OP. Any new Bronco under $40k is bare bones with hardly an option. Mine was at msrp 20k more than what you are looking for.

And look you should. Ecpand your radius. Check Cargurus. Nationwide. At least 2 dozen under $40k and listed as msrp. Npothpingbsays you have to buy local when local.pads their pockets

There is a 2 dr manual 4 cyl for 30795 in Georgia. Cheap fun.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I find it interesting. I was saying this a while back, pay cash, and folks would jump on me. Not that it was you. Can't wait for them to get back on the wagon.
Think about it from dealer standpoint. They cannot just picket the cash but still have same amount of time to sete with Ford or Floorplan. To dealer perspective finance is better as most times the amount Financed covers what they owe plus they earn a kickback on every loan sold. And when they go to the bank with more than 9999.99 in a cash deposit it gets recorded and sent to DC. Not a big deal in high finance but just takes a few more minutes at the bank

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1672775885156.png

1672775850147.png
Walk in ready to by makes a huge difference. They will always aim high and see if it sticks.

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m sorry to say , you will rarely get a new Bronco at MSRP this year unless you wait until Q4. However if you are constantly reaching out to many dealerships making a network and patient you can get close to what you want in a couple of months. Putting exact paint aside you’ll find a few close to what you want if you keep at it.

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would imagine anybody who voluntarily pays $6k over sticker can afford a $6k hit in event of a total collision.

#AFoolAndHisMoney
Yep and 6k above stocker on a 62k msrp loaded bronco is not the end of the world. On the base ones it’s criminal. But hey until the dealers get more scrutiny it’s the Wild West bronco nation.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
By spring dealers will be lucky to get MSRP. Car sales are cooling significantly in all segments.
IDK where everyone else lives, but lots are gaining and maintaining inventory around here. Pretty fast. I hope the people who over paid plan on keeping them forever. Cars.com has several Broncos listed at MSRP (new) and several big discounts on used (that were marked up crazy to begin with). It's all coming full circle. By late summer/fall, you'll be able to get them new under MSRP for lot models at least. As long as the supply chain doesn't take any more hits. If supply issues ever get worked out, they will drop faster. I saw one recently reduced by over $15k from it's original markup. Just be patient......

This one has been reduced by $14k over 148 days:
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/b2bf9381-e221-4158-9d18-1443c6485d79/

This one -$12,000 over the last 117 days:
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/63ade0dc-9a3d-4f9f-90e7-3cc9f36c4a05/

A wild track that's dropping:
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/be25c9b1-b2e1-4a95-8a12-59c5a7b13758/
Sponsored