Sponsored

New Video - (Pre-Production Prototype) SPV Parts Hitch Mount Kit for Rigid Chase Light... Give us feedback.. Who wants us to release this?

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
specialtyperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor/Bronco/Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check out the video below....

We have had great feedback so far. If you want to see this offered, let us know.

This is a variant from our hitch mount backup light kits we developed and released in 2017.

The principal is to have quick and secure access to a full size backup light, and when you want to use your hitch, just pull the plug, pull the pin and throw it in the back seat. Our Mounts are stainless steel and when used with a hitch pin/lock, they deter theft. (Nothing can prevent theft of course, but this is the most secure method.)

So for the weekend warriors, who want a quick and easy add on chase light solution. We found this to really fit the bill.

Since the Hitch wiring can give you brake, running lights and reverse, but not an on off for flashers. We are looking at an inline simple switch in the cord (Not like the video just dangling. Again, this is a test piece) that you can flip on for strobe feature for when you go make a run. Since the power will shut off to the hitch wiring when the truck is off. You still won't need to worry about forgetting to shut it off and it draining your battery.

Now, some other options we are considering are a tail light adapter module like our other harness system uses. This is more vehicle specific though vs completely universal like the 7 pin. However, it won't tell your truck it has a trailer connected.
We are also looking at a long harness as well that can run up to a switch in the front for the strobe feature as an option.

So tell us-

Do you prefer the quick plug 7 Pin Connector?
Do You Prefer a Vehicle Specific Tail Light Adapter?
Would you want a line in the front for a switch for the strobe? Or is it fine (and easier to install) if your switch for the strobe is in the rear?

Enjoy the Video-

And if you would like to see our original Reverse Hitch Light Kit with quick removal and Full Size Rigid or Baja Lights, look here-

As always, feel free to reach out to us at info @spvparts.com
Or call 317 - 934 - 6778
Sponsored

skierx728

Outer Banks
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi, is there any sort of adapter that would make this work for a 4 pin connection?

OP
OP
SPVPARTS

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
specialtyperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor/Bronco/Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi, is there any sort of adapter that would make this work for a 4 pin connection?
Hmm. I think the problem with a 4 pin is its left signal, right signal and brake. I don't think it has a reverse trigger. However if it did, then an adapter would work. I think a 5 pin might have a reverse trigger. What kind of vehicle though?

John

skierx728

Outer Banks
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh damn, good point, I didn't even think of that. You're right, the 4 pin doesn't have a reverse signal :( bummer, will have to hold off for now.
2022 OBX but I added the curt hitch and trailer wiring myself so it's only a 4 pin...
Sponsored