First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys we have a Bronco Badlands and its pretty basic. We are looking to replace the wheels and tires with something a little beefier and also something with a wider stance. Are wheels and tires the way to get the width or do we need spacers and with height do we need to lift? Just trying to get a better idea. I've looked on the build threads but a lot of those are like FULL builds - trying to start off slow and get the best bang for the buck initially.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wheels will have what is called an offset - that's measure from where the center of the tire rides to where the wheel mounts flush against the axle.

That offset is what gives the tire the stance you are talking about.

This post (over at BN, but by a frequent poster here) shows what factory offsets are, based on your trim and package

https://thebronconation.com/accesso...rence-factory-wheel-tire-sizes-t.12283/page-1

Here's a good article that helps explain what offset is all about

https://www.americastire.com/learn/offset-backspace?storeCode=1752

Be aware that changing wheels/tires will also change how the spare tire rides on the back end. That's something that bit me until I had an no-duh moment.

Adding spacers is a way to add offset, but if you are getting new wheels anyway, I would think you just get a wheel that has the offset you are looking for in the first place. If you wanted to keep the OEM wheels but still shift the tires outward, that's where spacers (or portals, if you want to go pro) would come in. A lot of people here will recommend against spacers though, as it will can a lot of mechanical stress to your driveline.

OP
OP

ncneil

Badlands
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have a black diamond. I wrongly selected badlands. I will research more but would prefer not to add spacers if we don't need them. I saw some rigs to help support a larger spare on the back of the truck so I will look into that as well. Thanks for the quick reply!

Jmanly

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Badlands with stock wheels, and leveling lift. I put on 35 10.50 17 Kenda Klevers.
Ford Bronco New wheels and tires questions 20231118_135243

OP
OP

ncneil

Badlands
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the wheels and tires on the truck behind yours! I want wider taller tires.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ncneil

Badlands
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BTW I didn't mean any disrespect. Your wheels are beautiful - however that depicts what I am trying to accomplish and compare different wheels. The ones in the back is what I was looking for in terms of offset and width.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Adding to what you should do / get, Brian_B gave you excellent advice. If you plan on running a larger tire and wheel on the tailgate, get a brace. I recommend Hammer Built. Without a brace, the tailgate will eventually buckle.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the wheels and tires on the truck behind yours! I want wider taller tires.
That looks like about 0 offset, he has the wider flares. If you want flush or a little poke with your flares you should be looking at the +20-30 range.

OP
OP

ncneil

Badlands
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really? I guess I wrongly thought the 0 offset would put the wheels about even with the body (not wheel well liners). I was thinking I needed -12 or so to get good width. but -12 might and probably is TOO much.

Dreamer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Badlands with stock wheels, and leveling lift. I put on 35 10.50 17 Kenda Klevers.
Ford Bronco New wheels and tires questions 20231118_135243
I like the look! Any other suspension changes to fit the tire? Any rubbing ?

Thanks!!!

Sponsored

Jmanly

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the look! Any other suspension changes to fit the tire? Any rubbing ?

Thanks!!!
No suspension changes other than leveling. No rubbing at all. I drove with the tires before leveling and with stock crash bars with no rub. Just like the look better with level. I changed the crash bars to high clearance ones although that was not required.
These tires are awesome in snow, mud and rocks. Just as quiet and smooth as the stock KO2'S

dbattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have Non-Sas OBX and put Nitto Recons 315/70 r17 on G-FX TR-19 Rims (17 X8.5 +18 offset) and hub centric rings. No lift. No rubbing. I removed the crash bars but I installed 4WheelParts alternative crash bars. I’m happy with the look and the height. Originally I had planned on a lift but the tires alone gave me what I’m looking for at least in the immediate term. Hope this helps.
Ford Bronco New wheels and tires questions SRP06232Bronco_2023
Ford Bronco New wheels and tires questions SRP06229Bronco_2023
Ford Bronco New wheels and tires questions SRP06240Bronco_2023

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
It will depend on if you stick with stock flares or go to Sas flares that are wider. The width of the wheel also determines how much pokes out along with the offset or backspacing. On my base Sasquatch, I have 17x9 wheels with -6 offset wheels and 35x12.5x17 tires (almost the same size tires as Sas 315/70/17).

bronco_comp2.jpg

bronco_comp4.jpg

bronco_comp5.jpg

bronco_comp7.jpg

Dreamer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No suspension changes other than leveling. No rubbing at all. I drove with the tires before leveling and with stock crash bars with no rub. Just like the look better with level. I changed the crash bars to high clearance ones although that was not required.
These tires are awesome in snow, mud and rocks. Just as quiet and smooth as the stock KO2'S
Great to hear! Looks really good. Will
Look into the size as I like the stance. Thanks for the info. 👍👍👍

OP
OP

ncneil

Badlands
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have a build thread? I am curious about your side steps and fender flares.
Sponsored