First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I recently upgraded by base headlights to OEM signatures. All works well and I'm very happy with the upgrade. The only minor thing I would like to change is to have the DRL halo stay on when the blinker is activated.

I see a number of vehicles where the DRL turns off when the blinker is on, and I have read about DOT rules on this, but I have seen enough Broncos in the daytime to know that they are set from the factory to stay lit. I have changed numerous headlight settings using Forscan, but nothing I have tried changes the behavior. Again, not a big deal, but would appreciate anyone who has any ideas...
Sponsored

Bluedoggie

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Big Bend, 22 Volvo xc60
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I recently upgraded by base headlights to OEM signatures. All works well and I'm very happy with the upgrade. The only minor thing I would like to change is to have the DRL halo stay on when the blinker is activated.

I see a number of vehicles where the DRL turns off when the blinker is on, and I have read about DOT rules on this, but I have seen enough Broncos in the daytime to know that they are set from the factory to stay lit. I have changed numerous headlight settings using Forscan, but nothing I have tried changes the behavior. Again, not a big deal, but would appreciate anyone who has any ideas...
Where did you get these? Thanks

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
not sure i understand. i too swapped out my base lights for factory signature. the ring stays lit when the blinker is on it's just the horizontal bar part that changes to yellow. but the halo or ring part of mine stays on. the only odd thing i've found is the headlight switch must be on the auto setting for the DRLs to activate.

OP
OP
BamaBronco98

BamaBronco98

Base
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
not sure i understand. i too swapped out my base lights for factory signature. the ring stays lit when the blinker is on it's just the horizontal bar part that changes to yellow. but the halo or ring part of mine stays on. the only odd thing i've found is the headlight switch must be on the auto setting for the DRLs to activate.
At night, my ring stays lit, but not during the day. I look like one of those Volvos or European cars that switch off the DRL when the blinker is on. That's interesting if yours behaves differently since you also swapped out. I have a 2022. I'll keep playing with the settings. Thanks.

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
mine is a 2023 but i have no idea what year the headlights are from. and yes i agree that is strange.
Sponsored