Sponsored

NH buyers, what dealership are you planning to use?

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Autofair Ford in Manchester is telling me MSRP and a promise of no mark ups for reservation holders.
Sponsored

Ruggles

Big Bend
First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I spoke with Dan Hubbard at McFarland Ford in Exeter, the internet sales person too. I had sent him some emails asking some of these questions and seeing if he would be interested in a volume sale. The first couple emails I mistakenly replied to the automatically generated email. And then directly to him so he thought it was spam. Of course he is interested and said he would talk with us manager during the week. Only thing I got out of him was no mark ups. Maybe the more that go in the more they will see that BG6 has serious buyers. Also he did say that 40 reservations have already been made there. And those 3 first gens are really cool to see in person.
I have only dealt with the service and parts department here and they are all great! I think Dan was the one I talked to while getting my oil changed. They are 3 miles from my house and have always treated me excellent ?

OP
OP

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spoke with Dan Hubbard at McFarland Ford in Exeter, the internet sales person too. I had sent him some emails asking some of these questions and seeing if he would be interested in a volume sale. The first couple emails I mistakenly replied to the automatically generated email. And then directly to him so he thought it was spam. Of course he is interested and said he would talk with us manager during the week. Only thing I got out of him was no mark ups. Maybe the more that go in the more they will see that BG6 has serious buyers. Also he did say that 40 reservations have already been made there. And those 3 first gens are really cool to see in person.
I plan to stop in and talk with him (or someone who is knowledgeable), this weekend. It can't hurt for them to get a few folks gently nudging them in the right direction. I would love to see them McFarland take customers away from Autofair.

OP
OP

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have only dealt with the service and parts department here and they are all great! I think Dan was the one I talked to while getting my oil changed. They are 3 miles from my house and have always treated me excellent ?
McFarland is 30 miles from me; and Autofair is 3. Aurofair's service department has been excellent, and up until now, their sales department has been pretty good. I simply cannot tolerate the lies ('if you switch dealers, you go to the back of the line"; "Ford won't let us sell below MSRP"; etc). I'll drive the extra half hour, just to keep them from getting one more sale.

Chief Keith

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here I’m in Stratham by the park.

Sponsored

Ruggles

Big Bend
First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same here I’m in Stratham by the park.
I'm 3 miles in the opposite direction in Exeter, my kid loves the pump track at the park! Maybe you'll see us there in our new Bronco someday haha

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I plan to stop in and talk with him (or someone who is knowledgeable), this weekend. It can't hurt for them to get a few folks gently nudging them in the right direction. I would love to see them McFarland take customers away from Autofair.
I would like to work with McFarland as well. My designated dealer is offering MSRP plus $385.00 in fees. If McFarland can do better I will move to them in a heartbeat. Good luck this weekend!

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm at best ford in Nashua too, I'd change in a heartbeat.

OP
OP

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spoke with one of McFarland's managers, today. They will not do better than MSRP.

He was full of contridictions. First he said that the dealerships don't even know the prices, yet. Then he said that if he sells at MSRP, he will only make $800. I told him about Granger's deals, and he said that they are stupid. He said they will go out of business, because they will lose money on every sale. So, he doesn't know the numbers, but he knows the numbers.

He then tried to tell me that people who use dealers that sell below MSRP won't ever get their Broncos. He said that dealerships like Granger are using bait and switch tactics. They are making promises, now, but they will renege, when it's time to deliver.

He told me there are 190,000 reservations, and that only half will convert. Then he said that Ford can only produce 150k Broncos a year, and of you have a late reservation, you won't get your Bronco until late 2022. So, Ford will only convert half of the reservations (95k, according to his earlier statement), and Ford will produce 150k a year; but late reservations won't be delivered until late 2022. So he says they will only convert 50% but also covert 100%

He absolutely is not following b6g. He claimed to be knowledgeable about the Bronco. He reserved one, so he KNOWS all about it. He clearly thought I have no clue what's going on. It seemed like he was playing the old car salesman games, and was not at all happy that dealerships, like Granger and Stevens, are informing car buyers.

My wife got the same feeling from him. She talked to him for a bit, while I checked out the early Broncos. Quick aside: he said they are converting one of their EBs from manual to automatic, because "no one wants manual transmissions, anymore." Anyway, my wife is definitely not an enthusiast, but even she could see that he knows less about the Bronco, than I do.

I expected better than this, but he is a car salesman. I didn't expect better than MSRP, but the stuff he said just really surprised me.

So, for now, I am sticking with Granger. I see no reason to go anywhere else, yet.

Last edited:

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I spoke with one of McFarland's managers, today. They will not do better than MSRP.

He was full of contridictions. First he said that the dealerships don't even know the prices, yet. Then he said that if he sells at MSRP, he will only make $800. I told him about Granger's deals, and he said that they are stupid. He said they will go out of business, because they will lose money on every sale. So, he doesn't know the numbers, but he knows the numbers.

He then tried to tell me that people who use dealers that sell below MSRP won't ever get their Broncos. He said that dealerships like Granger are using bait and switch tactics. They are making promises, now, but they will renege, when it's time to deliver.

He told me there are 190,000 reservations, and that only half will convert. Then he said that Ford can only produce 150k Broncos a year, and of you have a late reservation, you won't get your Bronco until late 2022. So, Ford will only convert half of the reservations (95k, according to his earlier statement), and Ford will produce 150k a year; but late reservations won't be delivered until late 2022. So he says they will only convert 50% but also covert 100%

He absolutely is not following b6g. He claimed to be knowledgeable about the Bronco. He reserved one, so he KNOWS all about it. He clearly thought I have no clue what's going on. It seemed like he was playing the old car salesman games, and was not at all happy that dealerships, like Granger r and Stevens, are informing car buyers.

My wife got the same feeling from him. She talked to him for a bit, while I checked out the early Broncos. Quick aside: he said they are converting one of their EBs from manual to automatic, because "no one wants manual transmissions, anymore." Anyway, my wife is definitely not an enthusiast, but even she could see that he knows less about the Bronco, than I do.

I expected better than this, but he is a car salesman. I didn't expect better than MSRP, but the stuff he said just really surprised me.

So, for now, I am sticking with Granger. I see no reason to go anywhere else, yet.
Reading these horror stories makes me grateful for my local dealer. He reached out to me via email the day I made the reservation. Asked about X pricing, he was all in with it. When X pricing went out the window, he told me he'd do invoice, which was cheaper than X pricing once you add in the $275 fee. Not bad for a small family owned dealership in the Maryland Appalachians. Also will do Invoice for folks who switch that are from here...

Sponsored

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

He absolutely is not following b6g. He claimed to be knowledgeable about the Bronco. He reserved one, so he KNOWS all about it. He clearly thought I have no clue what's going on. It seemed like he was playing the old car salesman games, and was not at all happy that dealerships, like Granger and Stevens, are informing car buyers.

Well shit. That doesn't help me at all. Thanks for putting in the work though!

OP
OP

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well shit. That doesn't help me at all. Thanks for putting in the work though!
Seeing the three EBs was pretty nice, but the manager's attitude wasn't all that great...and this from one of the seemingly decent dealerships. I'm still holding out hope for someone a little more local than Iowa, but I think it's not going to happen.

Dubfound

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m keeping mine at Grappone as long it’s MSRP and low fees. Thanks for the hustle though