Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 2015 VW Golf SEL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was looking to sign some paper work today if the price was right but didn't make it that far. Dealer wanted 2k non refundable.

Looks like there may be some cheese steaks in my future too

e8214b1a52056551391781875ebde0e9.gif
Who was asking for $2k deposit?

I have been chatting with Tom. He has sold into MA before, so he knows what it will take to get our rides home.
Sponsored

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Who was asking for $2k deposit?

I have been chatting with Tom. He has sold into MA before, so he knows what it will take to get our rides home.
Best ford in nh. I messaged them with a counter. They never responded. Good riddance.

I switched to Chapman on the phone in 5 mins. I was contacted by two different people via email and Tom on DM here. Got my order in the system. Tom caught that I left something off my build from earlier. Updated the order.

AND I was thanked for my patience which wasn't needed at all because all that only took 8 hours! Very positive experience so far.

Last edited:

Judy

Base
First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Heading to McGovern Ford in Lowell MA tomorrow to place my order. On the phone the sales guy said MSRP, and $1000 non refundable deposit. No idea yet about Admin fees or others - like doc prep, reg and title, etc. If he doesn't budge on any negotiating I plan to work them harder on my trade-in.
Question - with delivery being so far off (months, next year??) how have folks figured out their trade-in value? I assume to do the deal you'd have to commit to the whole deal, including your trade. If not it is quite a gamble to lock in an order knowing they can offer peanuts on your trade when delivery finally happens. If that is the ces, are others considering seeling their current car privately so avoid being ripped off?

BTW - ordering a Base 2D manual in VB :)

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Heading to McGovern Ford in Lowell MA tomorrow to place my order. On the phone the sales guy said MSRP, and $1000 non refundable deposit. No idea yet about Admin fees or others - like doc prep, reg and title, etc. If he doesn't budge on any negotiating I plan to work them harder on my trade-in.
Question - with delivery being so far off (months, next year??) how have folks figured out their trade-in value? I assume to do the deal you'd have to commit to the whole deal, including your trade. If not it is quite a gamble to lock in an order knowing they can offer peanuts on your trade when delivery finally happens. If that is the ces, are others considering seeling their current car privately so avoid being ripped off?

Do something like carvana, vroom or other online company. if you can worry about trade in separate from the bronco purchase. You will be completely captive to the dealer if you have to trade in with them and you don't like their numbers.

Normally, if you don't like the deal you can walk. But if you don't like the trade in number, you have no bargaining power. You walk and you're getting a bronco in '23 (basically).

A lot of places that take trade ins, will also just buy you're vehicle outright if you don't like dealing with the online companies.

Private party always an option but I'll be avoiding it personally in the time of covid

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

You need to browse around up in here. $1000 non refundable is a non starter for most. Don't let them bend you over. Working on a trade 6 months out is stupid on their part, they'll tell you anything now, then at buy time, ass up with take it or leave it...

Sponsored

cokeefe

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome! Thanks. I've never used First Ford but they've been great so far. Nice to know Acton is there in case I need them.
First ford screwed me. In July of 2020 I called them to confirm they would not do ADM. I even have an email with them saying no ADM. When the Bronco arrived they added $5k ADM. I had to walk away.

swanjonson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First ford screwed me. In July of 2020 I called them to confirm they would not do ADM. I even have an email with them saying no ADM. When the Bronco arrived they added $5k ADM. I had to walk away.
That is BS. Which dealer was this? I have not heard of shenanigans from the NE dealers...yet.

swanjonson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First Ford in Fall River.

Lol, I thought you had phases to your story... "First Ford screwed me...then..."

That sucks all around.

Impatient

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an order with Tasca in Cranston RI - Communication has been tough but my order is set. Verbally I was told MSRP but we shall see.

Sponsored

DougP.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

what was your experience like with them?

I was in there this past sunday and was told it was a $2,000 non refundable deposit.

I was also told they had nothing to look at by way of broncos until I pointed out the two customer order broncos with plates on them on the lot.....

Judy

Base
First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was in there this past sunday and was told it was a $2,000 non refundable deposit.

I was also told they had nothing to look at by way of broncos until I pointed out the two customer order broncos with plates on them on the lot.....
My overal

My overall feeling with them is meh. They did require a 2k deposit, which I was fine with as I had no intention of cancelling. I have to be the one to reach out to them, their communication isn’t the greatest. I wanted to go through a McGovern dealership as I always heard they were fair with pricing….but with the Bronco going MSRP that clearly doesn’t matter🤪

DougP.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My overal

My overall feeling with them is meh. They did require a 2k deposit, which I was fine with as I had no intention of cancelling. I have to be the one to reach out to them, their communication isn’t the greatest. I wanted to go through a McGovern dealership as I always heard they were fair with pricing….but with the Bronco going MSRP that clearly doesn’t matter🤪
i've had really good luck with their jeep dealership in Newton so figured i'd try them..... when i had to point out the Bronco's on the lot after being told there was nothing to 'look' at....

not encouraging.

thanks for the info!