First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually DM'd him this weekend. It is only a 6.5 hour drive back to north of Boston. A lot to think about.
If I cant get anyone to match by March I am 100% switching to them. I don't care if I am pushed back in line, I was likely 2022 anyways.
Sponsored

swanjonson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 2015 VW Golf SEL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I cant get anyone to match by March I am 100% switching to them. I don't care if I am pushed back in line, I was likely 2022 anyways.
My major concern is plates and registration. I would like to drive it home if I went with them. Even if it is delivered, unregistered, how long is the wait for new plates these days? RMV is not taking walk ins. Just things on my list of things to be worked out.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm buying from Granger, and I'm anticipating a plates/registration problem. Not with Granger, but the Illinois DMV.

I bet that it will take me longer to get the plates/registration at the local DMV than it will for me to drive 4.5 hours to Granger to pick up the truck.

Beno

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Live in Massachusetts. At this time I'll be using First Ford in Fall River, MA. Originally I was going to go through Herb Chambers Ford in Westborough, MA but they didn't instill much confidence. Pretty sure there was going to be ADM.
Live in Massachusetts. At this time I'll be using First Ford in Fall River, MA. Originally I was going to go through Herb Chambers Ford in Westborough, MA but they didn't instill much confidence. Pretty sure there was going to be ADM.

Just curious if anyone near my area has found a good dealership to work with.
Are used Siri Ford they are really good they didn’t ask for any more money down Bagua Massachusetts

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hello Everyone: I originally shared the deal from Matt Bowers in Metairie, Louisiana (Basically New Orleans).

Many of us have now placed our order with them and everything went exactly as promised. I do not know of a better deal in the south, and perhaps the country. If you need help contacting them, you are welcome to send me a private message.

Everyone has been a huge help on here and I want to give back to make sure everyone gets the best deal they can. We are better in numbers!

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

“SAC”.

radprez

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Tiguan SEL Premium R-Line 4-Motion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in Florida and am using Granger. You get temp plates for transit. Break-in isn't a concern - I'll keep it under 90.
Fulfills my goal of visiting all 50 states - and getting an honest dealer.

Cur

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Are there any good dealerships in Georgia? I have 2 FE reservations (two door and four door) and I'm in Atlanta.

The dealership I have my reservations with won't tell me their allocation or where I am in line based on my reservation timestamps, and they don't know anything about the Broncos. I offered them $500 under invoice and they said they want MSRP so I'm looking for a new dealership.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My major concern is plates and registration. I would like to drive it home if I went with them. Even if it is delivered, unregistered, how long is the wait for new plates these days? RMV is not taking walk ins. Just things on my list of things to be worked out.
My understanding is that you'll need to may a reservation/appointment at the RMV. Either way, I think Chapman will provide temp plates to get it back to MA. However, I know MA doesn't like temp plates, so I'll be looking into this as well.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are there any good dealerships in Georgia? I have 2 FE reservations (two door and four door) and I'm in Atlanta.

The dealership I have my reservations with won't tell me their allocation or where I am in line based on my reservation timestamps, and they don't know anything about the Broncos. I offered them $500 under invoice and they said they want MSRP so I'm looking for a new dealership.
You're in the New England regional forum. You may have better luck asking this question here.

Sponsored

swanjonson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My understanding is that you'll need to may a reservation/appointment at the RMV. Either way, I think Chapman will provide temp plates to get it back to MA. However, I know MA doesn't like temp plates, so I'll be looking into this as well.
Thus the dilemma 😫 i am not trading anything in, but i would love to drive it up, and not have to wait 30, 60 days for my RMV appt for new plates. Maybe AAA will be issuing new plates by then!

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thus the dilemma 😫 i am not trading anything in, but i would love to drive it up, and not have to wait 30, 60 days for my RMV appt for new plates. Maybe AAA will be issuing new plates by then!
This is what I found in the RMV FAQ:

"The proper procedure for purchasing a vehicle out-of-state and driving it back to Massachusetts is to register the vehicle first. You should complete your purchase paperwork (purchase and sales contract, etc.), submit payment to the seller, and obtain the title. This information can then be used to register your vehicle in Massachusetts. You can then return to put your new plate on the car and drive it back to MA. If the distance makes a second trip out to retrieve your vehicle difficult, you may want to consider having your vehicle transported back to Massachusetts. Using temporary plates for car purchases by MA residents is certainly more convenient, but extremely risky."

So I think we have a few options:
  1. Pay for the vehicle sight-unseen to get the title to then register the Bronco and travel to PA with the plates (high risk as a consumer)
  2. Drive home with temp plates and hope you don't get pulled over by MA troopers (risk of impound, fines, arrest, etc.)
  3. Travel to Chapman, inspect and pay for Bronco and then have the Bronco transported to MA (will be logistical nightmare and eat into savings by going with Chapman, but will alleviate the risks in #1 and #2) (lowest risk)
I welcome any other options. I'm working on teleportation, but I've only be able to move a pen a few inches thus far.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

From what my dealer has posted FE’s are going to be built regardless and are not part of the initial allocations. I would think you can pick any dealer that will give you the best price. Now you might have to travel to pick them up or spend the money to have them shipped. Weigh the cost of where you are reserved vs the cost involved in having them shipped. You might be better off where you are now.

swanjonson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what I found in the RMV FAQ:

"The proper procedure for purchasing a vehicle out-of-state and driving it back to Massachusetts is to register the vehicle first. You should complete your purchase paperwork (purchase and sales contract, etc.), submit payment to the seller, and obtain the title. This information can then be used to register your vehicle in Massachusetts. You can then return to put your new plate on the car and drive it back to MA. If the distance makes a second trip out to retrieve your vehicle difficult, you may want to consider having your vehicle transported back to Massachusetts. Using temporary plates for car purchases by MA residents is certainly more convenient, but extremely risky."

So I think we have a few options:
  1. Pay for the vehicle sight-unseen to get the title to then register the Bronco and travel to PA with the plates (high risk as a consumer)
  2. Drive home with temp plates and hope you don't get pulled over by MA troopers (risk of impound, fines, arrest, etc.)
  3. Travel to Chapman, inspect and pay for Bronco and then have the Bronco transported to MA (will be logistical nightmare and eat into savings by going with Chapman, but will alleviate the risks in #1 and #2) (lowest risk)
I welcome any other options. I'm working on teleportation, but I've only be able to move a pen a few inches thus far.
#3 is an option if you can sit in the Bronco and play with the buttons while it is on a trailer!

#2 is the one I need to contemplate. I would would be entering MA in Sturbridge, taking the Pike to 95, then 95 to the North Shore.

No Staties are ever on any of those highways 😄

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was looking to sign some paper work today if the price was right but didn't make it that far. Dealer wanted 2k non refundable.

Looks like there may be some cheese steaks in my future too

e8214b1a52056551391781875ebde0e9.gif
Sponsored