Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Drove 2.5hrs to go see the broncos at Fred bean ford and only stayed 9 minutes.

They were, ehh.

It's fine. I was maybe too hyped for this vehicle. They tried to do too much with the interior and should kept it simpler.

I don't know. Part of me thinks(hopes) when I see my spec I'll be wow'ed but right now a gladiator is looking really good.
Maybe a case of "too much hype"?
Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First impression was they are big, more like my 91 F-150. And a good 6-8" taller than my XJ Cherokee. Inside is a nice size, in-between the two I mentioned.
The tailgate shock is weird.... it dampens the opening/closing, the mid stop isn't real positive. Hope it holds up against wind gusts.
I felt the same way on both these points. The interior size from the drivers seat reminded me of my ‘89 F150 and the tailgate strut was a big eye roll moment.

Overall my son and I liked the the interior.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What questions? I'm gonna stop in again on my way to work.
I was gonna be a jerk and type in really big text... but then figured somehow someway I'd get banned again... so this is the nice me 😁

Stock suspension. I need to know if it's possible to fit 295's (33.3") tires in that wheel well. Obviously I'll need new wheels with different offset. I'm just trying to figure out if it can be done without a lift. My gut tells me no.

Did they have a non-squatch there? or just a Squatch and a Badlands? if they have a non-squatch BB, BD or OBX, just get a measurement from top of tire to bottom of fender.

Someone did a post about how an OBX should be able to take a 33.25" tire. So once again, shouldn't be an issue, but I'd think a Ford guy could answer that.

Thanks.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, the visit on Saturday to see these same vehicles at Chapman was also not any "revelation" - and that is not really a bad thing, it is just indicative of the sad fact that I think I have seen every video, pic and read every post and story that told me ahead of time all I needed to know (except "where's MY Bronco?")

I simply wanted to "sit" in it (try it on for size,) and make sure I would not be disappointed when it came. I was to a small extent on the MGV seats, and I have noted before that this was because many built them up to be ""nicer than leather". Not really true - might be 'better' in that they may be tougher or whatever, but they are obviously a synthetic material that is not high end, and for the purpose, does not need to be.

I think we are all a little "over-exposed" and have some level of exhaustion with all of this so it will take a lot to "wow" anyone who has been following everything already out there. It is a mid-size SUV equivalent in terms of size and capacity, with awesome off-road cred. If that is what you want or expect, you will not be disappointed.

Last edited:

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was gonna be a jerk and type in really big text... but then figured somehow someway I'd get banned again... so this is the nice me 😁

Stock suspension. I need to know if it's possible to fit 295's (33.3") tires in that wheel well. Obviously I'll need new wheels with different offset. I'm just trying to figure out if it can be done without a lift. My gut tells me no.

Did they have a non-squatch there? or just a Squatch and a Badlands? if they have a non-squatch BB, BD or OBX, just get a measurement from top of tire to bottom of fender.

Someone did a post about how an OBX should be able to take a 33.25" tire. So once again, shouldn't be an issue, but I'd think a Ford guy could answer that.

Thanks.
its the BD Squatch and Badlands units

Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For me, the visit on Saturday to see these same vehicles at Chapman was also not any "revelation" - and that is not really a bad thing, it is just indicative of the sad fact that I think I have seen every video, pic and read every post and story that told me ahead of time all I needed to know (except "where's MY Bronco?")

I simply wanted to "sit" in it (try it on for size,) and make sure I would not be disappointed when it came. I was to a small extent on the MGV seats, and I have noted before that this was because many built them up to be ""nicer than leather". Not really true - might be 'better' in that they may be tougher or whatever, but they are obviously a synthetic material that is not high end, and for the purpose, does not need to be.

I think we are all a little "over-exposed" and have some level of exhaustion with all of this so it will take a lot to "wow" anyone who has been following everything already out there. It is mid-size SUV equivalent in terms of size and capacity, with awesome off-road cred. If that is what you want or expect, you will not be disappointed.
My only revelation was what a light touch the accessory switches had. I was expecting more of a “thunk.” Not good or bad just unexpected.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Drove 2.5hrs to go see the broncos at Fred bean ford and only stayed 9 minutes.

They were, ehh.

It's fine. I was maybe too hyped for this vehicle. They tried to do too much with the interior and should kept it simpler.

I don't know. Part of me thinks(hopes) when I see my spec I'll be wow'ed but right now a gladiator is looking really good.
just got back from it as well. and I'd agree. I felt the interior was... well... felt like a Ford. haha. I don't want to say cheap, as I'm not sure I'd call it that. But just meh. idk, I'm also going from a Tahoe to this, so I'm not expecting a whole lot, but man, if I were getting a FE or WT, I'd be annoyed, shelling out that much money and the car feeling like that on the inside... where I'll spend 100% of my time with the car. (sorry, FE or WT soon-to-be owners, just my opinion!)

My other opinions... (I know, everyone has them around here, but I gotta share with my Bronco peeps)

I'm 6ft, and no issues sitting in car. Felt comfortable. Backseat was more than enough. Would I want to be back there for 10hrs? no. But good enough for my kids! I did noticed the backseat has this elevated feel to it, easier to see out the front, and I liked it.

MGV was super soft. I liked it. The more I felt it up, it then finally hit me, idk how many of you go boating (although, this is an east coast thread) but if feels exactly like a captains chair on a boat. (duh, it's the same material) but that didn't hit me till I got to see it, feel it. - yes, do not use cleaner on the seats... definitely stains! haha

I like the BD grill better than the BL. Maybe that's psychological bc I'm getting a BD, but idk, just looked like it had more 'command' to it.

The 8 in screen looks tiny. My Tahoe has a 8in, so I thought it'd be fine, but I think the difference is the Tahoe is made for an 8in screen, this was clearly designed for a 12in screen, and they just threw the 8in in and filled around it. Makes it look blah. She did let me turn on the car, so I was able to see the screen on, and it looked just fine. But man, after seeing it, I'm like.. man, I really want that 12in... but I'll be fine.

Instrument panel seemed crammed to me. But again, take that for what it's worth. Coming from a Tahoe, it's just a wider car, so obviously has more room for that kinda stuff.

Oh, and the doors. I totally get it, the doors are made to come off, so there's not much you can do here, but man, when you close them. They CLOSE. like there's nothing graceful about that at all. They SLAM shut. My wife gets annoyed at the kids slamming the Tahoe doors, this is going to feel and sound like something is breaking every time my kids get out of the car. But yeah, like I said, removable doors, so I get it. Just something I noticed.

I asked the dude, but highly doubt he'd know. He said 33's should fit on the BD. But wasn't sure.

Oh, and as for comparison between the 33's on the BL & 35's... if you spun me around and changed car colors and asked me to pick out which was which, I'd have a hard time doing so. From the front, you can see the 35's are wider... but from the side view, they look identical. If I were getting a BL, zero chance I'd pay for 35's. really wish the BD had the stock 32's on there with the steelies, as I would've really liked to have seen that next to a BL. But the 33's are more than enough tire then anything I'd ever need. I have a feeling the 32's will be just fine. Maybe one day I'll upgrade, but to start off. Probably fine.

Asked both drivers, not that they'd say it sucked, but I asked them about the ride, and both were like it's so smooth. Which is a lot of what we're hearing, so I don't think they're "lying". I'm sure it will be super smooth.

oh, AMB looks great. Has almost gold like flecks in it. Not a bad color at all. I'd rock it. But I'm really looking forward to the Cactus Gray.

Silver looked good too, honestly. Just too meh for me.

ummm, yeah. And now I have a cool orange Carabiner that says Bronco on it.

and of course, if there's no pic, it didn't happen...

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1619462343898

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have an appointment for Koch tomorrow (if I feel like making the drive), or one at Flemington (Ditschman Ford) on Wednesday. So I can always ask myself if need be.

So enjoy your trips, and let us know what you think.
You going? I'll be there from 1 to 2pm.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You going? I'll be there from 1 to 2pm.
Probably not. I'm a 7pm. Easier for me to go to Flemington.

Though I would miss out on not being able to tell them "damn shame they didn't want my business 8 months ago"

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Probably not. I'm a 7pm. Easier for me to go to Flemington.

Though I would miss out on not being able to tell them "damn shame they didn't want my business 8 months ago"
Well i went with the WildTrak, but i need sit in one and see the stance in person so i am making the 109 mile drive down.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well i went with the WildTrak, but i need sit in one and see the stance in person so i am making the 109 mile drive down.
I don't blame you guys for wanting to sit in one. Figure it'll be same as a Jeep in size comparison. Hopefully a little nicer interior tho.

Me, I don't need to sit in one... They had me at "Bronco" 😁

But I will check it out somewhere.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't blame you guys for wanting to sit in one. Figure it'll be same as a Jeep in size comparison. Hopefully a little nicer interior tho.

Me, I don't need to sit in one... They had me at "Bronco" 😁

But I will check it out somewhere.
Well, i sat in a couple of Sports and like the cloth much better. The Leather was rather uncomfortable. I know we are talking about two different vehicles, but that's why i need to sit in the big boy. Hopefully it conforms better to the body, because i felt like i was sitting on a bucket in the Sport.