Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really like the look of the Cooper RuggedTrek. Maybe I don't need the 3peak snowflake rating of the MT Baja Boss AT????

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/📸-doetsch-off-road-cooper-tires-bronco-build-sema-2022.58024/
Not bad looking. One day I was talking to your boys at OKAuto, and whoever I was talking to said he didn't like the Cooper tires. Said sometimes a pain to balance 🤷‍♂️ Then again, isn't Mickey Thompson made by Cooper nowadays? They put the Baja Boss AT's on the wife's Jeep about a month ago, she's been happy with them.

Then again I've talked to 1 salesman there who said wheel spacers are a real bad idea, then go back a few months later and the next salesman says they don't have issues with wheel spacers. So who to believe?!?!

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not bad looking. One day I was talking to your boys at OKAuto, and whoever I was talking to said he didn't like the Cooper tires. Said sometimes a pain to balance 🤷‍♂️ Then again, isn't Mickey Thompson made by Cooper nowadays? They put the Baja Boss AT's on the wife's Jeep about a month ago, she's been happy with them.

Then again I've talked to 1 salesman there who said wheel spacers are a real bad idea, then go back a few months later and the next salesman says they don't have issues with wheel spacers. So who to believe?!?!
I've heard the GY MTR's are tough to balance. Hadn't heard that about Coopers.
I'm sure I'd be more than happy with Mickey Thompsons performance, but I'm vain and aesthetics are important to me.

wikipedia on Cooper

ParentGoodyear Tire and Rubber Company
SubsidiariesAvon Tyres
Mastercraft Tires
Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels
Roadmaster Tires
Dean Tires
StarFire Tires

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've heard the GY MTR's are tough to balance. Hadn't heard that about Coopers.
I'm sure I'd be more than happy with Mickey Thompsons performance, but I'm vain and aesthetics are important to me.

wikipedia on Cooper

ParentGoodyear Tire and Rubber Company
SubsidiariesAvon Tyres
Mastercraft Tires
Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels
Roadmaster Tires
Dean Tires
StarFire Tires
Hmm, so Goodyear bought out Cooper and therefore now makes Mickey Thompson. Fancy that.

I always see people talking about Mastercraft, figured they were cheap Chinese knockoffs, but looks like that's Goodyear too 🤔 Learn something new every day.

While you are at it, go donate $5 to wikipedia... I get emails from them every other day 🤬

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm, so Goodyear bought out Cooper and therefore now makes Mickey Thompson. Fancy that.

I always see people talking about Mastercraft, figured they were cheap Chinese knockoffs, but looks like that's Goodyear too 🤔 Learn something new every day.

While you are at it, go donate $5 to wikipedia... I get emails from them every other day 🤬
GY recently purchased Cooper. Upsetting. I'm not a fan of GY. No good reason, generally not good reviews on AT/MT GY's, especially compared to Cooper/BFG

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

GY recently purchased Cooper. Upsetting. I'm not a fan of GY. No good reason, generally not good reviews on AT/MT GY's, especially compared to Cooper/BFG

Not a fan of GY either. Had them a few times and never had good luck. 3/8 ths bolt right through the middle of the tire when cruising the forestry roads, don't wear for shit. No thanks.

I found out about GY buying Mickey Thompson. I was trying to order my customer some MT drag slicks, big ones, like 33 19.5s. When I call MT to find the availability, they told me never, 😲 it has been discontinued. Bad thing was the dudes car was built on this size tire. Hoosier only makes an 18.5 wide. :(

Same thing happened when Holley bought MSD and Mallory combined the 2 two and only kept the parts that were popular. It sucks when a big business takes over the smaller guy. Shit is never the same.

All that said I needed tires and the only ones we had readily available were the MT Baja Boss ATs. So even though I didn't want to........... 🤬 They have seemed to be ok so far. Have towed the ATVs to the parks for a couple of years now and travelled the back roads and zero issues.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not a fan of GY either. Had them a few times and never had good luck. 3/8 ths bolt right through the middle of the tire when cruising the forestry roads, don't wear for shit. No thanks.

I found out about GY buying Mickey Thompson. I was trying to order my customer some MT drag slicks, big ones, like 33 19.5s. When I call MT to find the availability, they told me never, 😲 it has been discontinued. Bad thing was the dudes car was built on this size tire. Hoosier only makes an 18.5 wide. :(

Same thing happened when Holley bought MSD and Mallory combined the 2 two and only kept the parts that were popular. It sucks when a big business takes over the smaller guy. Shit is never the same.

All that said I needed tires and the only ones we had readily available were the MT Baja Boss ATs. So even though I didn't want to........... 🤬 They have seemed to be ok so far. Have towed the ATVs to the parks for a couple of years now and travelled the back roads and zero issues.
That last paragraph is good to hear. Wife only had the Mickey Thompson's for about a month. So far no complaints. The Nitto's before them sucked ass. Spun from a stop, slid out on wet roads. SHIT tires.

I never liked GY either, was always a BFG mud terrain guy. But so far these GY's handle wet roads good, and didn't have an issue in the snow last year. So I can't complain. But yes, previous GY's always seemed shitty on wet roads.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agreed on both parts. The boys have been having a shitty run 😞 at least we've got Buffalo next....if that's a loss that's gonna be a big problem!
Good news, we scored first. Let's see if we finally win one. Maybe the old retro jerseys will do the trick 🤷‍♂️

Forgot to add, can we get rid of Kapenan yet? He sucks!

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks having your tire size discontinued.

When I first started researching 4x4 tires I was excited about the GY Kevlar sidewall and love the look of the MTR. Reviews not so great, not many people running them. Same for Duratecs.
Ended up with Cooper STMaxx. Very durable, great traction. Loved them.

Sponsored

MikeWz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good news, we scored first. Let's see if we finally win one. Maybe the old retro jerseys will do the trick 🤷‍♂️

Forgot to add, can we get rid of Kapenan yet? He sucks!
Haha, listening on the radio atm. I don't have cable so TNT is a no go for me :(

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

🤮🤮🤮
And what are you doing? South Jersey you should be a Filthadelphian fan! 🤮🤮🤮
Lol, nope born on the vineyard, military brat, lived in new england most of my childhood

MikeWz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn I forgot it was on TNT, I could be watching YouTube TV instead of using my IPTV for AT&T Sports net 🤦‍♂️
Kinda glad I can't watch right now, the radio feed is frustrating enough!
Sponsored