Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got some goodies on the way from Summit Racing. Now that I installed that DV8 Compressor storage tray - I needed to fill it.

ARB Twin, with a Ride Tech 2 Gal aluminum storage tank and my Hadley Big Bully air horns are getting ready to be installed. I am also going to be running a 1/0 gauge power line to the rear with a distribution block to power the compressor and whatever else I decide to put back there.

Would love to hear opinions on my proposed wiring config.

Since I have the air horn I technically need the compressor to always be available to turn on and shut off via pressure switch once the tank is full. SO I don't really need the ARB rocker switch...however, should there ever be an issue in the air system I do need the ability to easily shut down the compressor from running all the time. So for that I an going to use Aux 5 BUT I am going to get a different relay so that when Aux 5 is OFF, the compressor is switched on BECAUSE, I also am going to use a 5 pin relay on the horns so that Aux 5 OFF will also be Air Horns switched ON. If there's ever an issue with air system, blown line or tank, I turn ON Aux 5 and then it shuts down the compressor and switches back to Factory horn.

Thoughts?
AUX 5 off will switch off compressor and turn on air horn. I assume there is an air horn trigger. Air horn is running off tank.
You'll need to turn AUX 5 back on to recharge tank after depleting with air horn.

Any other accessories running off air / air tank? CTIS? :)
Sponsored

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got some goodies on the way from Summit Racing. Now that I installed that DV8 Compressor storage tray - I needed to fill it.

ARB Twin, with a Ride Tech 2 Gal aluminum storage tank and my Hadley Big Bully air horns are getting ready to be installed. I am also going to be running a 1/0 gauge power line to the rear with a distribution block to power the compressor and whatever else I decide to put back there.

Would love to hear opinions on my proposed wiring config.

Since I have the air horn I technically need the compressor to always be available to turn on and shut off via pressure switch once the tank is full. SO I don't really need the ARB rocker switch...however, should there ever be an issue in the air system I do need the ability to easily shut down the compressor from running all the time. So for that I an going to use Aux 5 BUT I am going to get a different relay so that when Aux 5 is OFF, the compressor is switched on BECAUSE, I also am going to use a 5 pin relay on the horns so that Aux 5 OFF will also be Air Horns switched ON. If there's ever an issue with air system, blown line or tank, I turn ON Aux 5 and then it shuts down the compressor and switches back to Factory horn.

Thoughts?
All I got to say is I use Aux 3 for my compressor. Not sure if that makes me better than you or not, just is what it is. 😁

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

AUX 5 off will switch off compressor and turn on air horn. I assume there is an air horn trigger. Air horn is running off tank.
You'll need to turn AUX 5 back on to recharge tank after depleting with air horn.

Any other accessories running off air / air tank? CTIS? :)
No, Aux 5 will provide switched power to 2 relays. One to compressor - 4 pin normally closed so Aux off means compressor on and Aux on means compressor off. And 2nd to 5 pin with Aux 5 no power leg to air horn air release solenoid and the relay out when Aux 5 is powered on - to switchover to factory horn.

Aux 5 will stay OFF most of the time and in the event of a system air leak or I don't want to scare the living crap out of someone with the air horn....switch to on and "temporarily" turn off compressor and switchover horns to factory.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

All I got to say is I use Aux 3 for my compressor. Not sure if that makes me better than you or not, just is what it is. 😁
I have 1, 3, 6 already in use for 2nd fogs, KC Flex 4s and their backlight.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 1, 3, 6 already in use for 2nd fogs, KC Flex 4s and their backlight.
What weirdo uses 1, 3, & 6? Your math isn't mathing.

I started out in this order:
2, 4, 6 (makes sense cuz all even numbers).
Then I used 3 afterwards.

^ See, my math at least matheses. Your's is all wacky!

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, Aux 5 will provide switched power to 2 relays. One to compressor - 4 pin normally closed so Aux off means compressor on and Aux on means compressor off. And 2nd to 5 pin with Aux 5 no power leg to air horn air release solenoid and the relay out when Aux 5 is powered on - to switchover to factory horn.

Aux 5 will stay OFF most of the time and in the event of a system air leak or I don't want to scare the living crap out of someone with the air horn....switch to on and "temporarily" turn off compressor and switchover horns to factory.
I use AUX 3 for my compressor, so what he said ⬇ :p

Seriously, though, I think I'm understanding.
Your AUX switch when on will disable both the air horn and the air compressor.
So you default driving mode will be air horn (and compressor) on.

Makes sense to couple those 2 and save an AUX switch. I might wire it opposite, since I'd rarely use the air horn. (AUX on enables both air horn and compressor). But that would make it more difficult to use the air horn in the heat of the moment, when you really want to use it.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I use AUX 3 for my compressor, so what he said ⬇ :p

Seriously, though, I think I'm understanding.
Your AUX switch when on will disable both the air horn and the air compressor.
So you default driving mode will be air horn (and compressor) on.

Makes sense to couple those 2 and save an AUX switch. I might wire it opposite, since I'd rarely use the air horn. (AUX on enables both air horn and compressor). But that would make it more difficult to use the air horn in the heat of the moment, when you really want to use it.
Not exactly, but I think you do get the idea of what I'm trying to do. My steering wheel will still activate the horn. Whether it's the air horn or the factory horn, the relays are just going to be set up in a way that if auxiliary 5 is off, air horn and compressor are functional. If auxiliary 5 is turned on compressor and air horn are not functional and factory horn is.
Btw, my aux 3 is my 30 amp switch which is why it is on my KC HiLites. I figured since I would use backlighting on those KC's the least I would put it farthest away from me on aux 6. Aux 5 will likely end up as my secondary reverse lights and switch 4 my Rock lights. Under the hood, I'm planning on using a magnetic reed switch to power one or two. KC cyclones as my underhood light.

Last edited:

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was looking at the ProjectX lights. They have an app or something.

I don't foresee a situation where you would need the compressor armed and the air horn disarmed. Even if the air horn was stuck on it wouldn't be horrible if you had to air up a tire or 4.

I didn't realize the Raptor switch bank was so different. I think the closest switch to the driver is the big 30 amp switch on other trims.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was looking at the ProjectX lights. They have an app or something.

I don't foresee a situation where you would need the compressor armed and the air horn disarmed. Even if the air horn was stuck on it wouldn't be horrible if you had to air up a tire or 4.

I didn't realize the Raptor switch bank was so different. I think the closest switch to the driver is the big 30 amp switch on other trims.

Yes it is.

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? AUX switch wirin

Sponsored

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Rob1135ny

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Installed a Chinese bumper on the brother in law's Bronco over the weekend. Also installed his winch and switched to a synthetic rope in case @Rob1135ny needs to be saved from the parking lot! 😁 Will probably swap out the rollers as well.

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? BB - Bumper
Speaking of bumpers…. Can you put a winch on the modular bumper ?

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I finally picked this up earlier in the week…
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? IMG_4983

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? IMG_4987

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? IMG_4985
Sponsored