First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the update on Capitol Ford. I am currently lined up to go through them and have had a little correspondence with them, but not to your extent. They did tell me they will be selling at MSRP and accept X-Plan with no ADM. I left it at that, but do need to figure out what add-ons they might try to throw in there.
I drove to Abilene to get my wife's 2016 4Runner and got a better deal on it there, but I would really rather stay local if it's reasonable.
Sponsored

OP
OP
elmystico

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the update on Capitol Ford. I am currently lined up to go through them and have had a little correspondence with them, but not to your extent. They did tell me they will be selling at MSRP and accept X-Plan with no ADM. I left it at that, but do need to figure out what add-ons they might try to throw in there.
I drove to Abilene to get my wife's 2016 4Runner and got a better deal on it there, but I would really rather stay local if it's reasonable.
Thanks for that. That is one key bit of info more than I got. My sales guy did not mention MSRP to me and in fact balked at discussing any pricing-related info. Then I got a bulk email yesterday, probably sent to everyone on his list of reservations, saying some more fluffy crap:

"hope to clarify your concerns, once again here at Capitol Ford we are the longest running privately owned dealership in the nation, we are known FOR NOT adding dealership markups and addendum's. we are a very online watched dealership for this from coast to coast because of this. So when you build your Bronco what you add to the build will be your added cost how you choose to build it you will know your price at the time of the confirmation. if you qualify for X-plan pricing that will be your price plus Tax Title and Licensing. right now we do not even have VIN numbers to discuss final cost or payment so please be patient."

I suspect my email to him asking lots of questions has put him on the offensive. Haven't told him I'll be switching, because I'm not sure who I am gonna switch to. But there's no way I'm gonna stick with a dealer who basically dared me to back out of a deal so they could sell my vehicle out from under me off their lot. Because I plan to use X-Plan, that puts me in a safe position until I negotiate anything beyond invoiced, factory-installed items.

Right now I am looking at one of these instead:
  • The Hobbs, NM, dealer, who is about 5 hours away and a family operation with lots of fleet sales experience;
  • A central Texas Ford dealer that I have a family connection to and will deliver to me for free (I have that in writing)
  • A group buy with folks in Texas or Arizona
We have until Oct. 31 to switch dealers, so lots of time.

rynomar

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is really crappy of them to take that attitude. I would be looking elsewhere too and will definitely be thinking about it over the next month and half. The group buys really seem like a great way for us to pull together and back each other up. Dealerships my not bat an eye at losing one sale, but 10 sales could be a different story.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have my reservation at Chalmers. Anyone have any info on them? I purchased my last Ford from them it was a good experience.

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have my reservation at Chalmers. Anyone have any info on them? I purchased my last Ford from them it was a good experience.
I'm currently set up at Chalmers and have purchased 2 cars from there before. Luckily I have Z-plan so not much is up for negotiation. Once B&P is up, I may get quotes from a few other dealers to see if any of them try to sneak hidden charges in though

But I did talk to Chalmers and they at least have the basics (no ADM, accepting plans etc)

Sponsored

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have my reservation currently with Power Ford as well, but haven't even begun to talk to them about pricing.
Once the build and price is released I'll be building and then asking them what the price will be in relation to invoice. If they don't give me a number below invoice in writing before the end of October, I'll switch to someone who will. At the end of the day, I'm fortunate to be able to go pretty much anywhere in the country to pick it up... Kind of the dealer's worst nightmare since I can price shop a larger area than most.
Most dealers aren't going to touch below invoice like Granger. Just be prepared to travel.

OP
OP
elmystico

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm currently set up at Chalmers and have purchased 2 cars from there before. Luckily I have Z-plan so not much is up for negotiation. Once B&P is up, I may get quotes from a few other dealers to see if any of them try to sneak hidden charges in though

But I did talk to Chalmers and they at least have the basics (no ADM, accepting plans etc)
A Chalmers salesman who is a friend of my neighbor is supposed to call me this week. It will be interesting to see how open he is to discussion. I still want to talk to Permian Basin in Hobbs, NM. They do a lot of fleet sales, are outside any of the cities and family owned. Worth a shot.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A Chalmers salesman who is a friend of my neighbor is supposed to call me this week. It will be interesting to see how open he is to discussion. I still want to talk to Permian Basin in Hobbs, NM. They do a lot of fleet sales, are outside any of the cities and family owned. Worth a shot.
Wow, I look forward to see what you gleam. Please keep me posted.

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most dealers aren't going to touch below invoice like Granger. Just be prepared to travel.
To be honest, I'm not even located in NM... Most of the time I am in Colorado or the Pacific Northwest. On reservation night I didn't realize how Ford was doing it and thought it was the same as when I have ordered vehicles in the past with a dealer allocation. I figured since there are so many people in Denver I would be way down the list with any dealers there, so I randomly picked New Mexico in an effort to land with a dealer that likely had a good number of allocations, with not as many people fighting for them...

I live in a Sprinter right now... Traveling to Granger or anywhere else will not be an issue or be out of the ordinary for a typical day.

OP
OP
elmystico

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, I look forward to see what you gleam. Please keep me posted.
Just spoke with a salesman at Chalmers.

The bad news: They are expecting to price right around MSRP.
The good news: They don't play games, with no ADMs and no mandatory accessory packages. While they offer VIN etching and nitrogen-filled tires, they don't force such packages down your throat, which is crucial for this negotiation process. They will offer X-Plan.

So it seems like anyone using A/D/X/Z Plans will be OK at Chalmers if they manage the accessory negotiations carefully.

Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just spoke with a salesman at Chalmers.

The bad news: They are expecting to price right around MSRP.
The good news: They don't play games, with no ADMs and no mandatory accessory packages. While they offer VIN etching and nitrogen-filled tires, they don't force such packages down your throat, which is crucial for this negotiation process. They will offer X-Plan.

So it seems like anyone using A/D/X/Z Plans will be OK at Chalmers if they manage the accessory negotiations carefully.
Sounds good. I am happy to hear and will do another deal with them. If I hear anything I will let you know. Thanks brother!

rynomar

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the update. I doubt many dealerships are going to be interested in doing much below MSRP, but knowing that they won't jerk you around with add-ons is a big bonus.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have my reservation at Rich Ford. They stated no ADM and X plan so?? Never purchased there before.

OP
OP
elmystico

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have my reservation at Rich Ford. They stated no ADM and X plan so?? Never purchased there before.
Wonder if they have determined their pricing yet. Many say they won't until B&P is up. Many say they won't until after we can change dealers, the deadline being Oct. 31. Which is bullsh!t, of course.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wonder if they have determined their pricing yet. Many say they won't until B&P is up. Many say they won't until after we can change dealers, the deadline being Oct. 31. Which is bullsh!t, of course.
I'll have to look up the email they sent me to remember exactly what they stated when I asked those questions.
Sponsored