James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Picked my BD up two weeks ago and was glad it didn’t have the blue stitching. Have the eruption green (man I hate that name) exterior. Never thought it matched. Love to get rid of the blue handles and vent chiclets too.
Go to dealer and have them report it to Ford as a mis-build. You’re entitled to new blue stitched BD seats OR other compensation that you ask for, like different colored interior grab handles & vent chiclets.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jrollo7

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Delivery wasn’t taken by the original customer on mine. Got it off the lot. Where would I find the build week?
On your window sticker.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
jrollo7

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Again, All MY'21 - MY'23.5 BD Broncos should have the blue stitching as the gray MGV was unique to the Black Diamond. For Job2, the gray MGV is standard on the Big Bend and Black Diamond. It is no longer trim specific so there is no trim specific accent color. It streamlines production both at MAP and the supplier.
Easy to say but that’s NOT what we ordered or were told we were paying for. Blue stitching is what we ordered on 4/3/23 and built on 7/24.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I see an invoice date of 06-14-23. I don’t see the Blend date on the sticker.
Follow the link. It will show you a series of numbers at the top that will have your blend date embedded in it.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Easy to say but that’s NOT what we ordered or were told we were paying for. Blue stitching is what we ordered on 4/3/23 and built on 7/24.
Doesn't matter when you ordered. It matters when it is built. There is a long line of order holders that couldn't get the AMB, Cyber Orange, cloth seats, etc. Now, on occasion, Ford does build the Bronco that deviates from the window sticker (i.e. steel bash plate with the modular bumper was standard for Job1 MY'23 yet some were built with plastic skid).

OP
OP
jrollo7

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco No blue seat stitching on my Black Diamond 1693791610606

Ford Bronco No blue seat stitching on my Black Diamond 1693791635159

Doesn't matter when you ordered. It matters when it is built. There is a long line of order holders that couldn't get the AMB, Cyber Orange, cloth seats, etc. Now, on occasion, Ford does build the Bronco that deviates from the window sticker (i.e. steel bash plate with the modular bumper was standard for Job1 MY'23 yet some were built with plastic skid).
And buyers have the right to ask for compensation for that change. Ford never said they were discontinuing blue stitched BD seats. Or using plastic instead of steel bash plates for that matter.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And buyers have the right to ask for compensation for that change. Ford never said they were discontinuing blue stitched BD seats. Or using plastic instead of steel bash plates for that matter.
Legitimate mis-builds, the dealer will correct. Ford finally admitted the "mistake" with the plastic skid and have issued a customer satisfaction program replacing the plastic skid with the steel. There are plenty of threads on that specific issue. But to stick with that issue, if a customer ordered the modular steel bumper with steel bash plate when the MY'23 order bank opened and their Bronco wasn't built until after Job2, then it doesn't matter what was on the DORA. What matters is what is on the window sticker. Those customers get stuck with the plastic skid.

Sponsored

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guarantee, my dealer wouldn't give two shits if I asked about blue stitching. They already drilled tow nice holes for a front license plate bracket I had promised would be left off (I live in a state that doesn't run front tags). They are paying for that, because I threatened to abandon a sale on the last day of the month. I also complained a day after I got my Bronco home about several blotchy areas of metal flake on my Iconic Silver, and was just told I need to "clean the dust off it". I digress...

If I went to my dealer and said my stitching was different than what was advertised, they'd fall over laughing. Compensation for a misbuild, would never happen on their watch.

Yeah, you can tell I LOVE my dealer lol

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They put synthetic Naugahyde on my Badlands Lux Sasquatch, when I specified natural.
:cry:

OP
OP
jrollo7

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

UPDATE 10/27/23: Finally got a response from Ford. They stated that in mid July the blue stitching was discontinued. Of course that is the same time that cloth seats were discontinued for the Big Bend which got MGV seats as the replacement. Of course the Ford advertising including their online" Build Your Own" website still displays blue stitching for the Black Diamond trim.
Fortunately, my terrific dealership-Riverhead Ford-which has supported me from day 1-
will satisfy my request to replace the three interior blue accented passenger handles and the four blue accented air louvers/vents with gray accents to better match my Bronco interior . I really appreciate the efforts of my Sales rep Lou and Service rep Todd who followed through and made this resolution happen.
Ford corporate should take a cue from their customer oriented dealerships and specifically their employees who know that doing the right thing and solving customer issues creates long term customer relationships and repeat sales.

Last edited:

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My chicks black diamond actually has a mix of blue and grey stitching. It was a April 23 build.
Sponsored