First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, sounds easy, buy it and flip it, no problem. Don’t forget you will have to pay tax, title, license and dealer fees ($3000 to $5000 depending on your State) and you will not have a clear title to sell it unless you paid cash. And….,you would still have to hang on to it for a month or more until you received the title.

What could go wrong?
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The 90's were the golden years in Colorado. Including for off-roading, with classic CJs, FJs, Broncos, Scouts, etc. At nice prices, owned by folks who actually worked on them and wheeled. Before EBs got on the radar of big spenders. Far fewer gated trails as well.

Lots of people now. You can't even get into Rocky Mountain NP without a reservation. (Reservation time stamp, lol.) Glad I got to enjoy Colorado before all the people who mess things up showed up. I still visit Colorado, but it's kind of true, you can't go home again. :(
That whole reservation thing sucks. We have a lifetime pass....but not a lifetime to make a reservation.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, sounds easy, buy it and flip it, no problem. Don’t forget you will have to pay tax, title, license and dealer fees ($3000 to $5000 depending on your State) and you will not have a clear title to sell it unless you paid cash. And….,you would still have to hang on to it for a month or more until you received the title.

What could go wrong?
Sell back to the dealer with none of those problems. You should report the income to the man but we won't rat on you.

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd take it. Unless the build is NOT exactly what you want. You can always find a Hardtop. I would also look on FB marketplace......there are a ton of Broncos out there (w/ hardtops).

TangoHunter

Base
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
The days of flipping for huge profit are over. funny you think he could get $10,000k over MSRP. Look at all the ones on dealer lots. They paid mark up & now can't sell them.
I’d have to disagree. Carmax paid me 48k for mine and sold it for 58k a few weeks later in December. That was before the news of no Sasquatch or mic top orders broke out. I’m sure there’s still suckers out there it looks like.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Replied to manager text this morning if i wanted it or not they said they needed to know asap to place it on sale to the public. So i said go ahead cancel the order, refunded deposit immediately. The journey was interesting but needless to say stick to what you want and make no compromises on something just to have it earlier, no loss to me just another lesson in life . Thank you everyone for your feedback. Cheers and enjoy yall trucks !
they prolly gave each other high fives after that.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sell back to the dealer with none of those problems. You should report the income to the man but we won't rat on you.
How can you sell a vehicle back to the entity that already owns it?? Perhaps you can negóciate something to give up your right(?) to buy it.

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I like the appearance of the hardtop better and for winter in general. But you are right, being able to flip the 4-door soft top back whenever is nice. What the hell Ford and Bestop, you still are unable/unwilling to make a 2-door soft top that fully flips down?!

Rant: I feel like Bestop has kind of cornered the soft top market and with cozy relationships to Jeep/Ford as OEM and stuff, we are not seeing competition, cost savings and features we might have in the past. How the hell does Bestop make a 2-door soft top that doesn't even fold down?

OP - call the dealer can't hurt, maybe you get your deposit back or at least part of it.
@indio22 Please know that we are discussing options for the 2 door Bronco that would fold all the way down. Its nothing that's going to happen overnight, but it is a topic of discussion!
~Crystal@Bestop

Mean Green Bronc Machine

Outer Banks
First Name
Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Honestly, you're lucky they called that many times haha. But I say take it...did you purchase something else?

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@indio22 Please know that we are discussing options for the 2 door Bronco that would fold all the way down. Its nothing that's going to happen overnight, but it is a topic of discussion!
~Crystal@Bestop
I've been rockin' one of your 2Dr soft tops for 10 months now, and don't regret one second that the top doesn't fold down like the 4Dr. Gives full view out the back, and looks great with the sides pulled out and no support frame work. I'm interested in what you guys come up with though, and will be watching!

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How can you sell a vehicle back to the entity that already owns it?? Perhaps you can negóciate something to give up your right(?) to buy it.
You're selling the rights to it. Although technically it's the dealers they are responsible to tell Ford that the reservation holder got the vehicle or not. Getting something from the dealer in exchange was common for a while but it may have tapered off. I know my dealer was offering at least $5k to sign it over. The dealers realized that the customer could resell it themselves if they wanted to for even more so they would offered $5k then mark it up more.

4x4fun

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’d have to disagree. Carmax paid me 48k for mine and sold it for 58k a few weeks later in December. That was before the news of no Sasquatch or mic top orders broke out. I’m sure there’s still suckers out there it looks like.
So they paid you MSRP and some idiot paid ADM at carmax . Thats not you making money off it lol. :rolleyes:

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
RHeinz hit the nail on the head… 3500-4000 in sales tax to “buy it”…. Then doc fees, title fees, etc. What could go wrong??

BTW ADM and “ market”has changed and will continue to change even more. The Fed is gonna announce another 25 pt rate increase tomorrow, yada, yada….. What could go wrong ? 😂

barracuda

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Four door Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can’t believe the hard top is still such a constraint 3 years on. It’s a fucking piece of plastic. We should all be able to get one at a dealer for $2500. It’s honestly class action worthy at this point. We were all led to believe it would be easy and available.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If the only issue is the hardtop, why not have the dealership work the numbers by them ordering a hardtop and include that into the final price. Even if it took a couple of months to receive, its better than walking away from your Bronco. Not to mention possibly losing your deposit money. I know all about the MIC 2.0 issues from past and present. But a full top can be had if the dealership puts in a order for it. Like I stated previously, it may take a few months, but that's the cards being dealt. I damn sure wouldn't want my order given to dealership for them to profit largely off of it cause I decided to walk away only because of a hardtop that can be ordered.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.