Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So. I just got back from the event.

Put simply, this was an incredibly professional and well run event. The instructors were knowledgeable, enthusiastic and just fun to ride with.

as a first time off roader, I had my hands full and the lack of manual quickly became an after thought.

lastly, this has completely restored my patience that the bronco is right truck for me when it finally gets built. Im fortunate that I can wait, but it’s going to be awesome when it gets delivered.
Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can see why they don't want to have manuals. You'd need almost a different agenda for that one rig. A lot of the fancy stuff they want to show off is only available with the auto.
You don't need a different agenda. They demo all the features early in the program. You don't have to drive the same Bronco both days. And even with all automatics there are still differences (some with sway bar disconnect, some without it).

But for folks buying an MT rig, it makes this event a non-starter. I was kinda pumped after reading @BuzzyBud 's write up. Now I'm totally off until I hear different on MT rigs. There's some expense. It's a whole friggin day. I'd have to have use of an MT for this to make any sense.
I'd still go, but I was really happy that I got a chance to drive a manual in Horseshoe Bay (Austin).

Wondering if maybe Ford is concerned about burning up clutches or other uncontrolled damage. Lot's of people say they can drive an MT but things can go South quickly wheeling an MT when in technical situations
Perhaps, but putting it in 4L plus the option of choosing the crawler gear made things really easy (so easy that I, and others, have thought this would be a great vehicle to teach people to drive MT with). And I had never driven over anything like the trails I drove in Texas.

I wrote about it after the event, for more detail:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/just-got-back-from-bronco-off-roadeo.19346/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/just-got-back-from-bronco-off-roadeo.19346/#post-694883