Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey @dougiefresh I believe you are going to OR NH tomorrow. Could you please check the Bronco located in the “Sluice Box” display next to the Base Camp building. That Bronco may have a manual transmission. If so, could you also ask if it could be made available for student use? Thank you!
52FE4950-371D-449E-A9AE-8DE7C20A726C.jpeg
Absolutely! I'll let you know what they say.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This doesn't make any sense at all.

Now 100% of the New Hampshire fleet can be stolen by millennials!

What were they thinking?

FWIW: I test drove a 4-door badlands with manual locally and it was a bonny and a beauty. Wrote about it in post #91. We only got to mount and hump some curbs plus a statuary while away from the dealership, but the clutch left me thinking that the MT would be quite forgiving in more difficult situations.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...urnal-my2-badlands-2-3-mt-2-door.15102/page-7

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can see why they don't want to have manuals. You'd need almost a different agenda for that one rig. A lot of the fancy stuff they want to show off is only available with the auto.

But for folks buying an MT rig, it makes this event a non-starter. I was kinda pumped after reading @BuzzyBud 's write up. Now I'm totally off until I hear different on MT rigs. There's some expense. It's a whole friggin day. I'd have to have use of an MT for this to make any sense.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wondering if maybe Ford is concerned about burning up clutches or other uncontrolled damage. Lot's of people say they can drive an MT but things can go South quickly wheeling an MT when in technical situations

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can see why they don't want to have manuals. You'd need almost a different agenda for that one rig. A lot of the fancy stuff they want to show off is only available with the auto.

But for folks buying an MT rig, it makes this event a non-starter. I was kinda pumped after reading @BuzzyBud 's write up. Now I'm totally off until I hear different on MT rigs. There's some expense. It's a whole friggin day. I'd have to have use of an MT for this to make any sense.
It is true the OBX course demos both Trail Turn Assist as well as One Pedal Drive. However, I understand the importance of driving a Bronco which is similar to what you have ordered. Let’s see what @dougiefresh finds out tomorrow. The staff at OR NH want to provide a good experience for all.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company : how about some manual transmission love for the attendees @ OffRodeo New Hampshire?

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sent an email to [email protected]

Dear Joe,

Thank you for reaching out to Bronco Off-Roadeo Program HQ!

At this time, there are only manual transmission vehicles at the Austin Off-Roadeo.

Please reach back out with any further questions!

Regards,

Patrick

Bronco Off-Roadeo Program Headquarters

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 888-260-5744

Sent: Friday, August 20, 2021 2:45 PM
To: Bronco Off-Roadeo Info <[email protected]>
Subject: manual transmissions?

I am looking to book attendance at the Off Roadeo in New Hampshire. Are there vehicles equipped with manual transmissions? How do we reserve them in our registration?

Thanks,

Joe.

ABerrio

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was sad to learn yesterday as I finalized the details of my Off-Roadeo that only Texas has manual Broncos.
I was under the impression that I’d be matched closely with my order. Not having a manual is a pretty big mis-match.
Texas only has one manual Bronco.

clearedhot

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Texas only has one manual Bronco.
I just got back from the Austin Off Roadeo (where I learned about the site). I drove the manual the first day (4 dr black Badlands) and it was AWESOME. With the sta-bar disconnect and lockers I had no trouble doing everything the autos did. The crawler gear is amazing. I drove a 2 dr Outer Banks day 2 (no sta-bar disconnect) and I much preferred the manual Badlands. Theft proof too.

If you get a chance, go to one of these events, manual or not. These are incredible machines and the staff is top notch.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, that’s super f’n lame. I hope that changes by the time I can attend.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Even though I’m still interested in going to NH - I wanted to learn on local terrain how to utilize the manual Bronco.

I’ve been throwing the idea around about taking my brother to Moab (who’s about to get married and have a baby next year). He’s lived in LA the past 10 years and we’ve had minimal time spent doing the things we both love (camping, fishing, eating/drinking local spots). So, thinking I’ll use my free pass for that and take my MT Bronco to Ellenville.

https://www.nyoffroaddriving.com/

I guess driving the AT off-road will seal the deal on my decision to change my reservation to Manual for MY23. On the road - I wanted nothing to do with the Automatic - so much so that within 12 hours we put a deposit on a customer cancelation after I test drove our BD and then an auto Outer Banks. Wasn’t for me. Who knows…I might just end up keeping the MY21 and ditching my reservation because Ford screws up color and engine/transmission options by 2023.

I compromised with the other half and currently have the 2.7 on order - but, want to keep it that way for price protection reasons now that it’s PC99.

dougiefresh

Outer Banks
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Unfortunately, no manual Broncos are available for student use at the NH Off-Roadeo. However, I can’t rave enough about the event as a whole! My wife and I attended and we loved every minute of it. The instructors are incredible! Highly recommend to anyone getting a Bronco.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was pissed that the only manual in NH is the display only sluice box bronco.

BUT

The terrain made up for it. I HAD FUN AND NO REGRETS. The course is no joke in NH, its a legit trail run that uses all the features available. I was spinning 4 tires"bouncing" for traction with trees under 6" from both doors up while going up a steep slope AND turning.

They want you to have auto so you can trail turn. Some turns on the course are "meant" to be trail turn assist trail turns.

All trucks also have dual lockers. Badlands or squatch, because you need them.

GO. You will not regret it, unless they tame down the course. It was rowdy!

I would have loved to have a 7MT, but this way anyone can drive any bronco. I see their reasoning

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oof. Another guy confirmed no manuals at Vegas either. I'm mildly interested in going to one but not if I have to drive an auto.
Sponsored