First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going to a Bronco off-rodeo next week. I was just informed there are no manuals, only ATs Broncos for use. Next they're going to tell me they only have 4-door mall crawlers on site. I wish they would customers use their own vehicles so people with 2 door sticks can maximize their experience.
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i'll report back after off-roadeo Gunstock on Tuesday what vehicles are actually here in NH

i would love a stick shift 4DR Sasquatch for the event, but i'm pretty sure that's a pipe dream

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I went a year ago (Austin Tx) they tended to only have 1-2 2drs for the group no manuals. The story was the manuals got abused too much by both drivers and instructors that lacked experience. They do try to match you with a 2dr if you have it on order (I got 1 the first day and a 4dr the next) I have only considered the 2dr but I’m glad I tried the 4dr to give me piece of mind on my choice. On the trails we did there was not an obstacle that either couldn’t handle.

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm going to a Bronco off-rodeo next week. I was just informed there are no manuals, only ATs Broncos for use. Next they're going to tell me they only have 4-door mall crawlers on site. I wish they would customers use their own vehicles so people with 2 door sticks can maximize their experience.
I did Off-Roadeo in NH in May and they had some 2 doors on-site; I drove a 2d WT. All the riggs there were AT.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just did the Texas event over Father’s Day weekend, all 8 of our Broncos were 4dr. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

….but be careful if you try to cancel, for whatever reason, you’ll find they need to “give permission “ to cancel.
Been there, done that.

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have there been any reports of MT Broncos at any of the offroadeos? I don't believe they had any at the one I did in Moab. Not terribly surprising considering MT car rentals are pretty much non-existent in the US. And they're basically renting you a Bronco for like 6 hours.

coreymd

Big Bend
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 HAH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Austin had a couple of 2 doors (one for each group) and no MTs. The only MT was just a display posed on some rocks that they used to explain approach and departure angle, etc. This was about a month ago.

I drove a BD. I think everything was Sasquatched, but I could be wrong. They did say they had a bunch of pre-production units.

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I went a year ago (Austin Tx) they tended to only have 1-2 2drs for the group no manuals. The story was the manuals got abused too much by both drivers and instructors that lacked experience. They do try to match you with a 2dr if you have it on order (I got 1 the first day and a 4dr the next) I have only considered the 2dr but I’m glad I tried the 4dr to give me piece of mind on my choice. On the trails we did there was not an obstacle that either couldn’t handle.

Sponsored

BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then don’t go. You sound like a little girl with your beyotching…no one gives a crap if you go or not. So they don’t have exactly what you’re getting. Does it change anything? Go or don’t go. You obviously have a complex.

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

When we were at the Austin one last summer there were a couple of two doors and manuals. That may have changed. All the 4 doors were Sasquatch. Wouldn't consider any in our available stable mall crawlers.
I do hope they start offering events at these venues for our personal vehicles. Lots of potential if they do it right. I'm old enough to remember the real camp jeep Chrysler did from 1995-2004. Great, inexpensive event. Ford has a small enough owner group for now to do some really spectacular events.

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The guides explained at our Off-Rodeo in Moab that they don’t offer manuals b/c people that attend are often inexperienced in off road driving and often overestimate their ability to drive a MT on the trails. If they have to spend a lot of time helping someone struggling with a MT it can impact everyone in the group. The trails are challenging for most and fun regardless of the transmission.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That was the original idea, but it turns out very few people who know how to drive stick know how to drive stick off road. The manuals they did have in Austin were all constantly out of service for clutch replacements and Ford decided to pull the plug on manuals at the off rodeos.

TABadlands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT; 2022 Two Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No 2 doors or manuals for attendees when I went to the Nevada Off-Roadeo last November. There was one 2 door for the instructors / staff. They were all Moardoor Autos. But at least they were Squatched. 😉 It was a great time regardless!
Sponsored

Last edited: