First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
They had manuals at the "drive the Bronco" events. But I woudln't call those trails challenging. The sticks were only handed out to folks who could prove they had a stick on order. Fortunately I had a copy of my DORA on my Phone.
Sponsored

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have to tell OP, just chill out. You have expectations, but should embrace the experience, and be flexible.

Then you will find that you learn new things, make new friends, and may change your order, or order one with new specs.

Offrodeo is a great offering, professionally delivered and something I would not miss. It was awesome and deserves nothing but praise!

Enjoy your offrodeo, regardless of what specific specs your assigned vehicle has.

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People will shred the clutches. Get over it.

BroncoU812

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's like 6 hours of driving man. I would focus on the experience and not the specifics.
It would be cool to get your exact build but not practical. Plus as others have said, people think they can drive a stick, and people assume they can drive a stick off roading and when they can't it just screws the group over.

Just an example: During my off roadeo in Moab, a group of four dudes brought their drone. The battery died and it landed out on the trail. We spent 20 minutes waiting for them to find it and parts of our day had to be cut out to make up the time. Meanwhile the dude in front of us was being pissy and turns out he had to drive a four door OBX sas when he felt he should have gotten first dibs on a ride since he ordered a first edition. End of the day he was ear to ear smiling.

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just went to the NH Roadeo in mid June. Overall great experience, although no manuals. Almost everything was a 4d badlands or wild track with Sasquatch. A mix of hard and soft tops. They have one instructor for every 8 drivers so they try to keep the vehicles the same for ease of instruction.

Sponsored

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked the same question at the Austin locale in March. Similar to what you heard, the instructor said theyā€™d get people claiming they could drive a manual but were so inept that they burned out the clutches quickly.

My dad was in the used car business for over 50 years until he passed away 15 years ago. He used to get mad when he would try to sell a manual which he thought was an appropriately priced car for a customerā€™s budget and they said they couldnā€™t drive one.

Iā€™d venture to guess that less than 20% of the current driving public can safely drive one and fewer than 10% could properly navigate challenging hills in an off-road environment.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Don't go if you're just gonna be whiny little baby because they don't have your made up, irrelevant idea of what the "right" Bronco is. If you didn't realize, it's an optional event and supposed to be fun.

oh fun fact - the best Bronco is the one that does what the owner wants. Bet my mall crawler mOaRdOoR sees more offroad time than a lot of 2 doors out there ever will.

Sponsored

tm0708

Base
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going to a Bronco off-rodeo next week. I was just informed there are no manuals, only ATs Broncos for use. Next they're going to tell me they only have 4-door mall crawlers on site. I wish they would customers use their own vehicles so people with 2 door sticks can maximize their experience.
I went to the off-roadeo in Austin last summer. They had one manual 4 door for us to use but the rest were auto 2 and 4 doors. And like all but 2 or 3 of them were sasquatched so dont worry about the mall crawlers lmao.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm going to a Bronco off-rodeo next week. I was just informed there are no manuals, only ATs Broncos for use. Next they're going to tell me they only have 4-door mall crawlers on site. I wish they would customers use their own vehicles so people with 2 door sticks can maximize their experience.
This has been the case for some time with the off rodeos being AT only.

Typically they have had a single 2-door Bronco from the reports I've read (which have been fewer and further between once they announced AT only)

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I went to the one here in Texas there were no manuals. I was also the only one that didn't have a guest, so one of the trail guides rode with me the whole time. I asked him about the manuals since I'd already heard they removed them all. I got the same explination, too many people that said they knew how to drive a manual didn't, or that they didn't know how to drive a manual off road.
There were both 2 and 4 doors at the time I went. I drove this 2 door base sasquatch with 2.7L.
Ford Bronco Off-Rodeo Failure: No Manual Broncos Available 1656301372597

And here's almost all the ones that were available:
Ford Bronco Off-Rodeo Failure: No Manual Broncos Available 1656301400418

There's one more in the lead that wasn't in this photo. It was a 4 door.

Oh and at this time (just before memorial day 2022), all their Broncos had the Sasquatch package.
Sponsored