Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ok, so side question.

If the front doors and driver/passenger roof panels off, wonder how much wind "thumping" you will get from the rear clam shell being on?

I know in our Sequoia if the kids roll the rear windows down it makes a horrible wind "thumping" until we roll more windows down.

I'm sure most of the Bronco removable items are for low speed cruising fun which is what we plan on doing anyway, but occasionally the fun spots are at the end of a high speed road.
Sponsored

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I can see as a possibility is a aftermarket rack that uses the front attachment location of the windshield (like the Yakima) and the rear cross member just behind the rear passengers.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, so side question.

If the front doors and driver/passenger roof panels off, wonder how much wind "thumping" you will get from the rear clam shell being on?

I know in our Sequoia if the kids roll the rear windows down it makes a horrible wind "thumping" until we roll more windows down.

I'm sure most of the Bronco removable items are for low speed cruising fun which is what we plan on doing anyway, but occasionally the fun spots are at the end of a high speed road.
I don't recall any noise doing the same thing on my 2 door Rubicon. Actually my favorite thing to do was remove those pieces on a clear cold day with the seat warmers on.

The additional noise is for the rack itself which will decrease your mileage.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does a soft top completely function with a rack like this on the jeeps, or does it not allow enough clearance to "fold back"?
The vast majority have some provision to allow the soft top to still fold.

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mods, can you move to the Exterior Modification board?

Sponsored
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What I can see as a possibility is a aftermarket rack that uses the front attachment location of the windshield (like the Yakima) and the rear cross member just behind the rear passengers.
When Bestop finally comes out with the soft top for the 2-door Bronco ill be getting it. Then I’m hoping to mount that Rigid 40” curved light bar offered by Ford to the mounts on the windshield and then figure out some kind of racks for surfboards and kayaks that attaches to the “roll cage”, or possibly a hitch mounted attachment like you see for pickups.

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@JAGSarge I made a post about tire offset on the squatch here on the general forum this morning. It was quickly moved to the tire board. Not sure why.

Light (headlight, etc) posts currently on the front page of this forum aren't moved to the Lighting board.

Roof rack posts aren't moved to exterior mods OR the roof rack boards.

Etc, etc.

Just wondering why my post was singled out to move to the Tire board?

I know I don't want to have to go to numerous smaller side forums to learn what I need to learn, I much prefer the one stop shop of the General board.

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seems extremely subjective.

My personal preference is I'd rather scroll through 4-5 pages on one forum to see all thenew posts rather than have to go multiple forums to find all the new stuff. Granted I recognize that may not be preferable to others.

And hell, if it's the site owner that moved it I don't have a leg/ tire to stand/stance on!

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's more than what you'd get on the Jeep. Some roof can come off and still have a full load on the rack. I'm sure in a few years we'll have something that will allow fill roof-off and a rack.