Sponsored

Noise coming from brake pedal while applying brakes.

OP
OP
zyglyrox

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine does as well, seems to be more prevalent or consistent when you are pushing slightly off center. It could be the brake light switch but have not had the desire to figure it out.
Yep, I’ve noticed this as I push the pedal mostly on the right side. Wondering if it was an actual issue with the metal itself (maybe a spot weld broke loose? Subaru had that issue on 2009-2014 WRX/STi clutch pedals)
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I also “feel” and hear when first powered on. There is a mechanical click on the brake pedal and the auto gear shift. I believe this is a mechanical release that allows shifting out of park. It is a very prevalent, feel and hear it. Can’t say I’ve ever felt or heard this release in any other vehicle.

Not to be confused with the other noise this thread is related to lol. Maybe they are related 🤷🏻‍♂️

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt it's anything broken, just in a bind when there's some lateral pressure.

Ford Bronco Noise coming from brake pedal while applying brakes. 1654278275871

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey guys, just hit 1300 miles on my BaseSquatch with the V6.

I’ve had a slight clicking coming from the brake pedal, so I scheduled an appointment with the dealer. However it’s become a consistent clicking, and I can feel it in my foot when applying the brakes. Feels very crunchy, like the hinges aren’t greased.
Anybody have anything similar? Doesn’t seem like braking performance is affected.
Hi there! Can you send us a message with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I’ll look into this on my end. Thanks!

GeoWar64

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also “feel” and hear when first powered on. There is a mechanical click on the brake pedal and the auto gear shift. I believe this is a mechanical release that allows shifting out of park. It is a very prevalent, feel and hear it. Can’t say I’ve ever felt or heard this release in any other vehicle.

Not to be confused with the other noise this thread is related to lol. Maybe they are related 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yeah, I also get a mechanical click sound and feel from the brake toward full depression. I don’t think I’ve ever heard it when the brake is just partially depressed (‘21 BL/2.7/Auto).

Last edited:

Sponsored

Numbr4stuna

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrx
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just picked up my Wildtrak last week and am noticing a similar situation with my brake pedal. The clicking occurs randomly but frequently when the brake is applied. It's not super loud but I feel the pop through my shoe. Anyone have a diagnosis from their dealer?

Markphub

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any update on this issue? I believe it started on the 2nd day I drove it, or may be always did, but didn’t notice since I was too excited…

OP
OP
zyglyrox

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any update on this issue? I believe it started on the 2nd day I drove it, or may be always did, but didn’t notice since I was too excited…

once I hit 1500 miles it went away and hasn’t come back since… no idea what it was tbh

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

once I hit 1500 miles it went away and hasn’t come back since… no idea what it was tbh
I have the loud "thunk" sound when releasing the pedal. Its been that way since day 1. I've gotten used to it but its def annoying.

Markphub

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the loud "thunk" sound when releasing the pedal. Its been that way since day 1. I've gotten used to it but its def annoying.
Did you have anyone look into it?

Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

JeffROK

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine does this as well. Theres something like a clicking noise that I notice typically at low speed. I also notice a squeaking noise, as another user mentioned. I took it to the dealer to check it out and they said it's normal, though I have a feeling they didn't even look. They also said the the catching noise that I get when folding down my driver side rear seat is completely normal lol.

OP
OP
zyglyrox

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My one working theory is brake pads with excessively tight tolerances dragging or skipping slightly causing the hiccups I felt.
I also started using the parking brake whenever I shut off the bronco.

Avyinc

Outer Banks
First Name
Avi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same issue here on a 2022 Bronco V6. One video is when I turn the vehicle off a strong whiting noise (please dont make fun of the crocs lol) and the second is a more faint pop sound on press and depress with a slight delay. The vehicle has been at the dealer for 5 days, they claim is the electric brake booster. No ETA to repair, no ETA to part, just no ETA. VERY frustrating to wait for a year on this car and then have it for 6 days and this happens and not know when you are going to get your car. Dealer has stated that it could be a couple days up to a few months of wait. Dealer has also stated they have not replaced an electric brake booster yet so this would be a first for them. Any recommendations?

I have called Ford Customer Service to get an ETA on the part and they are pending to respond.

Avyinc

Outer Banks
First Name
Avi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good afternoon! I'd like to look into the brake concerns you are having with your Bronco on my end. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?
I have this issue with an open case number as of today, is this anyone I can speak to ? Please see my post further down with videos and dealer feedback
Sponsored