Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven't seen anything on this in the review videos, but does anyone know if there is a good comparison between the noises levels of the MIC top with and without the sound deadening liner.
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't seen anything on this in the review videos, but does anyone know if there is a good comparison between the noises levels of the MIC top with and without the sound deadening liner.
If you're expecting something profound, don't. It is essentially a couple layers of fabric glued to a slab of plastic.

OP
OP

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you're expecting something profound, don't. It is essentially a couple layers of fabric glued to a slab of plastic.
Not expecting anything profound, just curious if it's worth having. From a maintenance/cleaning standpoint I'd rather not have the liner, but if it's a pretty noticable difference in noise levels, I'd go with it.

I've seen multiple videos where they mention the difference between soft and hardtop, but nothing between liner vs no liner.

johnston.zach

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why do you care? All MIC tops get the headliner.....

OP
OP

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why do you care? All MIC tops get the headliner.....
If you have BD or BL it's optional and like I mentioned above, it would be easier to clean without it. I have a big fluffy dog that is very dirty all the time and if the sound difference is negligible then I'd rather have hard plastic.

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think it will be too noticeable. From what I've see most of the noise is wind noise and noise in the seams of the hardtop. The headliner doesn't cover the seams, but I'm sure it will make the speakers sound slightly better and there will be less of an echo effect.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is why I may be part of that small percentage.
So they are anti-gravity dogs that will be floating up against the hard top? You expect they'll be shaking mud off in the Bronco? Or you intend to drive aggressively over the whoops and the dogs will be bouncing off the hard top? šŸ˜

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since the MIC top is more precious than gold right now, I doubt anyone has had the opportunity to test both with and without headliner.

I'm also getting a BL and opted to leave the free headliner off my MIC.
Just wasn't impressed with the apparent quality.
Leaning towards Hothead.

OP
OP

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So they are anti-gravity dogs that will be floating up against the hard top? You expect they'll be shaking mud off in the Bronco? Or you intend to drive aggressively over the whoops and the dogs will be bouncing off the hard top? šŸ˜
I think you are underestimating how much her hair flies around. I'm getting a washout interior because I fully expect it to get dirty, I mean this is a Bronco after all. I'm sure my dog will be shaking mud off at some point.

Ukon

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I donā€™t know if youā€™ve ever owned a dog, but in my experience their ability to spread hair, dirt, & undefined filth defies the normally accepted laws of nature!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a doodle - no hair issues.
Ford Bronco Noise of Hardtop Liner vs No Liner 96F31800-DE71-408F-9EBE-4A43863A367E

However, I had collies as a kid, and there were fur tumbleweeds in the yard every spring:
Ford Bronco Noise of Hardtop Liner vs No Liner 65E120FB-16FF-4D16-8FD9-AAE17E0E3D9A

So yeah, I see it now ā€¦

Actually here is the better collie pic for this forum:
Ford Bronco Noise of Hardtop Liner vs No Liner 77B6241A-23EC-468B-8285-8A90A6EC5E8A

Last edited: