Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait, what, at this point every dealer in the country has more reservations than they have trucks. None have been built. I think I need a better explanation to understand what that sentence means. Ford has committed to build a Bronco for every reservation that is converted to an order, so a non refundable deposit of a $1000, or more is out of the ordinary.

Or, are you playing the roll of a dealer sales person? :)
Ok, what I mean is anyone can order a new truck with no money down, taking away a truck from someone who can actually pay for it, then leave it sit at the dealer when it comes in. That helps no one.
Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disagree. Non-refundable deposits of 1000 or more are for people that would rather have some one else collect interest on their money. I could put $60k deposit down, but never will. A higher deposit does not equal getting the Bronco any faster.

Either way if the order holder does not end up buying the Bronco, the dealer will put a nice ADM on it and sell it quickly.
Yes, it may mean getting your bronco faster if a lot of people realize that they are playing with real money instead of a $100 refundable deposit.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer is asking for a non-refundable $2500 deposit. Is this normal? Seems a bit steep for non refundable.
Not normal

It will be $500

Believe if you order a Bronco and don't want it ..they could put on eBay and makes some money

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Non-refundable is ridiculous. It's not like you're ordering some weird vehicle that no one wants and would be hard to sell if you flaked.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if the Bronco showed up at the dealer, and you decided not to buy it, wouldn't they be free to sell it to anyone else and slap a markup on it? If so, the dealer should be happy you flaked and ne happy to refund your deposit.

Whatever. Doesn't matter to me. I'm in CA, and all car deposits are refundable by state law.

Sponsored

Jcims27

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14,15,16,17,18,18,19,20 GMC 1500 Crew. 13 BMW 135i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
$500 refundable is more than fair for something of this value. If they won’t budge I’d call the Ford corporate 800 number and file a client care issue. Detroit will step in and get them in line or transfer your order to someone who will.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It would be one thing to pay a non-refundable deposit, if the vehicle were not still in the ether, and you had already seen, inspected and test driven the vehicle. That to me is a fully informed decision, on a very large purchase. Otherwise you're banking a lot at this point, mainly on an image and feeling. (On the other hand, my Ford stock has nearly doubled, since buying it in March, so everyone send in your deposits to help it go higher, lol.)
Sponsored