Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4EV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Driving back from the park Monday night people were flashing me over and over. I was behind someone and did not have my high beams on (I checked).

I have a Lux BadSquatch. Is it the LEDs? Or is it the height of the vehicle?
Sponsored

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
LED's appear more blue to the human eye and that makes for more glare plus your vehicle is higher than many. So, if your headlights are aimed a little high it will be much more irritating than a lower vehicle with halogen lights.

You can read on line how to aim your headlights or if you don't have a good place to do this, take it to a place that has an electronic headlight aimer. Volkswagen dealers almost always have this as it is part of their service protocol.

Bronco is real easy as there is a screw right on top of the headlight assembly.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I noticed the high beams oddly turning on and off a while back. It turns out there is a "automatic high beam" feature. It says it detects when to turn on and off but it appears to just be more or less random.

If you go into the lighting settings in screen you can disable this feature. I believe it worked.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I noticed the high beams oddly turning on and off a while back. It turns out there is a "automatic high beam" feature. It says it detects when to turn on and off but it appears to just be more or less random.

If you go into the lighting settings in screen you can disable this feature. I believe it worked.
God the auto highs in Fords are sooo poorly calibrated. I had to disable mine too because they constantly flash other drivers for no reason, and dim themselves when there's no one around because they saw a damn light in someone's driveway or reflected off a street sign.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

God the auto highs in Fords are sooo poorly calibrated. I had to disable mine too because they constantly flash other drivers for no reason, and dim themselves when there's no one around because they saw a damn light in someone's driveway or reflected off a street sign.
Ford probably should have just saves the chips needed for this particular feature.

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LED's appear more blue to the human eye and that makes for more glare plus your vehicle is higher than many. So, if your headlights are aimed a little high it will be much more irritating than a lower vehicle with halogen lights.

You can read on line how to aim your headlights or if you don't have a good place to do this, take it to a place that has an electronic headlight aimer. Volkswagen dealers almost always have this as it is part of their service protocol.

Bronco is real easy as there is a screw right on top of the headlight assembly.
I have issues, I wear glasses, at night with the LEDs. I see stars and blur.

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Having properly aimed headlights makes for safer driving for everyone.
Sponsored