TheRoadWarrior

TheRoadWarrior

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger (She's the last of the V8's)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting, you lowered them. I raised them a a half turn this AM in the attempt to problem solve. Time will tell. If it happens again I’ll lower them. Thanks!
tbh I think raising them may only make it worse as the hood is already registering as ajar aka open so if you raise them its gonna just register more ajar/open I think
Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tbh I think raising them may only make it worse as the hood is already registering as ajar aka open so if you raise them its gonna just register more ajar/open I think
Ya, you may be right.

OP
OP
TheRoadWarrior

TheRoadWarrior

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

UPDATE: Alarm started going off again, have an appointment with the dealership and am requesting replacement of the hood module......it was fun while it lasted but looks like the hood stops didn't actually fix the problem long term.

BigShasta

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands LUX, Squatch, Hard top, Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hood stops screwed all the way down and still get alarms every couple weeks. Made an appt and dropped it off at 8am Monday. Dealer had it for 4 days before they even tried to diagnose. In the end, "Could not duplicate"...I'm beyond pissed.

"Maybe the April OTA update will solve it". WTF 🤬

I WILL be calling Ford.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine is intermittent. I adjusted the bumpers down a bit, but still went off again. Will have dealer look at it when I go for first oil change.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheRoadWarrior

TheRoadWarrior

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hood stops screwed all the way down and still get alarms every couple weeks. Made an appt and dropped it off at 8am Monday. Dealer had it for 4 days before they even tried to diagnose. In the end, "Could not duplicate"...I'm beyond pissed.

I WILL be calling Ford.
If I was you I'd dm them on here and then make some noise in their comment sections on social media...mainly Twitter.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does anyone know if there is a way to physically disable the sensor or switch that causes this? In the 45 years I have been driving I have never had anything messed with under a hood of any vehicle I’ve ever owned and all are parked outside at night. I don’t need the damn thing going off for no reason. The current auto industry trend of babysitting and falling over themselves to make everything a ‘tech’ feature is stupidly annoying.

OP
OP
TheRoadWarrior

TheRoadWarrior

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone know if there is a way to physically disable the sensor or switch that causes this? In the 45 years I have been driving I have never had anything messed with under a hood of any vehicle I’ve ever owned and all are parked outside at night. I don’t need the damn thing going off for no reason. The current auto industry trend of babysitting and falling over themselves to make everything a ‘tech’ feature is stupidly annoying.
Idk for sure but I read somewhere on here that if you disconnect/disable the module in the latch then it'll keep registering as "ajar"......all the time.. You can watch videos of people disconnecting the module on F150s but it's harder for us.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I WILL be calling Ford.
Hello there! This doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want you to have. If you can send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information, I'll happily look into your vehicle concerns on my end.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My hood alarm went off twice tonight.

@Ford Motor Company when the fuck are you going to fix this and tell everybody what is causing it?

Sponsored

EGBH

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine has gone off twice in 3 hours. No issues before, pointed at neighbors bedroom went off at 10pm. Thought it was neighborhood kids until I searched forum to find it to be a common issue.

Not cool.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel for you guys. I left mine ajar on purpose on the trail yesterday and I made it about 2 minutes before it annoyed me into closing the hood.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They just released an SSM on this the other day. Hood latch replacement is the repair.

Ford Bronco Non Stop Alarm due to Hood 707B28AD-EC77-4571-BDE8-9689BBD79C09

bartman1968

Badlands
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I WILL be calling Ford.
Show them screenshots of your FordPass app so they can see that’s really happening regularly.
Sponsored