Sponsored

Normal for A/C going "idle" with engine start/stop function?

AshleyG

First Edition
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone notice the AC cutting out a lot when coming to a stop with the start/stop feature in play? Noticed this yesterday. I've had many cars with this feature and never noticed it affecting the AC
Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if the engine is not turning the a/c compressor is not turning, unless the automaker made an electric compressor... one of the reason to avoid the auto stop... 95 degrees with 98% humidity, auto stop sucks....

2022 Bronco Raptor specs, colors, body code.jpeg

Sponsored

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone notice the AC cutting out a lot when coming to a stop with the start/stop feature in play? Noticed this yesterday. I've had many cars with this feature and never noticed it affecting the AC
The Gladiator does the same thing unless the fan is on low speed. If the fan is running full bore it shuts the AC down.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, my A/C in my Jeep starts to really fade out in less than a minute once the stop/start kicks the engine off. The compressor isn't turning so no cold air is being made with the motor idle.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My M4 does that. AC is terrible when the stop engages. Good thing about the BMW is that I can shut it off and it stays off even after I turn the car off.

My 21 Blazer RS's stop function never engages when I have the AC on. Only when it is off. Probs due to being in FL and the CPU sensing cabin temp vs desired temp.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My M4 does that. AC is terrible when the stop engages. Good thing about the BMW is that I can shut it off and it stays off even after I turn the car off.

My 21 Blazer RS's stop function never engages when I have the AC on. Only when it is off. Probs due to being in FL and the CPU sensing cabin temp vs desired temp.
This^

In theory the Bronco should kick the motor back over if the air starts getting too warm, but it all depends on how aggressive the calibration is on air-temp vs. stop-start idle time.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

its a great feature in the southeast during the summer.
Sponsored