Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am looking into various places for off-roading in NC/SC/VA for road trips and fun. Most people seem to flock to Uwharrie, which looks like a cool playground, but isn't necessarily the "get out and explore" place I am looking for.

Is there a good resource for local fire roads, access roads, off-grid places that might offer a chance to escape for a bit?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Try joining Venture Unknown on Facebook, if you can. They discuss a lot of the more adventure riding in the area there and they could probably point you to some of the roads in NC, although keep in mind, a lot of them will be in the western part of the state (Asheville and Boone area).

There is a trail west of Asheville with some camping called Hurricane Creek, but unfortunately, a lot of the trails around here outside of gravel roadS (of which there are plenty) have been closed over the years. You might be better venturing over to TN, where places like Windrock have a lot more.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All of these maps are helpful for FS roads - specifically we've used the Grandfather district a bunch. Brown Mt. OHV is another rec. area that requires a pass and is pretty fun but the fire service roads around are equally as good.

We went snow wheeling up to table rock mt. this past weekend.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/main/nfsnc/maps-pubs

I've got pics from Brown Mt. and this weekends adventures here (https://www.instagram.com/dirtbagbronco/)
Sponsored