Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone here have knowledge of what RR takes these Bronco's from Chicago (Blue Island exchange) to Iowa? I tracked it so far on CSX, which transferred to IHB at Blue Island, and then to Gibson hub in Hammond, then to BNSF back at Blue Island; however, I have hit a wall as no way to track BNSF and UP does not have it on their system. Granger said it probably will go to KC then to Omaha before ending up in Des Moines, but hoping it gets on the IAIS (Iowa Interstate) for a direct route...yeah, I got nothing better to do.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone here have knowledge of what RR takes these Bronco's from Chicago (Blue Island exchange) to Iowa? I tracked it so far on CSX, which transferred to IHB at Blue Island, and then to Gibson hub in Hammond, then to BNSF back at Blue Island; however, I have hit a wall as no way to track BNSF and UP does not have it on their system. Granger said it probably will go to KC then to Omaha before ending up in Des Moines, but hoping it gets on the IAIS (Iowa Interstate) for a direct route...yeah, I got nothing better to do.
Wait a minute. Does it rail from MAP to Chicago? I figured...wait, my sticker says convoy. So truck...palsapp....? What you mean? Or do you mean from Chicago out to Granger? I'd think they'd truck it tho'....

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait a minute. Does it rail from MAP to Chicago? I figured...wait, my sticker says convoy. So truck...palsapp....? What you mean? Or do you mean from Chicago out to Granger? I'd think they'd truck it tho'....
I was rail on sticker. Don't know how it left MAP, but I picked it up by tracing my rail car number from Walbridge, OH (Toledo) to Chicago via CSX phone line, switched to IHB and they have a tracker online but CSX continued to update also. I may have hit a road block now, unless it gets on UP, which I can then track by their phone system. Mine probably will not get on a truck until it hits Des Moines and is heading to Granger. I wish it would have been convoy, as those deliveries have been much quicker.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was rail on sticker. Don't know how it left MAP, but I picked it up by tracing my rail car number from Walbridge, OH (Toledo) to Chicago via CSX phone line, switched to IHB and they have a tracker online but CSX continued to update also. I may have hit a road block now, unless it gets on UP, which I can then track by their phone system. Mine probably will not get on a truck until it hits Des Moines and is heading to Granger. I wish it would have been convoy, as those deliveries have been much quicker.
Wow. Crazy. Thanks for clarifying....all of us waiting are still looking for that ONE THING that might illuminate the darkness....!

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So who here has some experience with Forscan? IF they ever ship my Bronco built 4 weeks ago....I want to modify some things...I NEVER want a freakin' horn alert for anything ever. Clear? Might like to disable a couple other warning buzzes and beeps now that kids are gone....etc.

devhodge

Big Bend
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello fellow Northern IL-ers, I hesitated sharing so as not to gloat but thought I should share some thoughts about my almost 2 week old. It’s awesome! So glad I got what I did.

4dr BB 2.3MT soft top sin-free
7/18/20 reservation
2/18/21 converted to order (not priority)
7/19/21 original build date pushed to 7/23
MAP ran out of time pushed to 8/2 built
Delivered 3 days later 8/5 by convoy to Rizza Ford
Drove her home on 8/7, first customer delivery at dealership

Thoughts: love the functionality and convenience of the soft top. The 2.3 is plenty peppy for me. The manual trans is so fun to drive. 1st and 2nd are very short gears but 3rd and 4th are where it shines when the turbo kicks in. Crawl gear was great driving on Lakeshore drive this weekend with stop and go traffic during the Bears game. Auto stop/start is not as offensive with the stick, really don’t mind it. Hill start assist or whatever it’s called is a great feature when stopped on a hill starting in 1st. Sync4 is great with Apple CarPlay. The base stereo was not so good until I upgraded the 4-4” speakers to JBL Clubs from Crutchfield, much clearer now, no mud. Going to do the 2-6.5” at some point soon. Just received and installed the Curt tow receiver today which will be great for my bike rack or basket, easy install, purchased from RealTruck.com.

I think that’s it. Amazing truck, no problems…yet. Wife and kids love our sunset rides through the forest preserves with our top down and I love all the head turns and attention I get. Questions are welcome.

Ford Bronco Northern Illinois 6D57EAA0-C61D-4972-924F-E5CD2573B736

Ford Bronco Northern Illinois 6553D891-FA18-43C4-BB37-0AF0A627418D

Ford Bronco Northern Illinois 102A3D13-FACC-40E2-8433-C0A1A0F28BDB

Ford Bronco Northern Illinois E3D7DF66-2553-4DFD-B9B3-E6F3C570D771

Ford Bronco Northern Illinois 04A0E363-39F2-4DA8-BD23-C59ADA34C848

Ford Bronco Northern Illinois 6E066E39-F726-4F6E-9D9F-1572215CD928

Ford Bronco Northern Illinois 79F29758-73E9-4829-BE26-7066BF26783F

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello fellow Northern IL-ers, I hesitated sharing so as not to gloat but thought I should share some thoughts about my almost 2 week old. It’s awesome! So glad I got what I did.

7/18/20 reservation

Thoughts: love the functionality and convenience of the soft top. The 2.3 is plenty peppy for me. The manual trans is so fun to drive. 1st and 2nd are very short gears but 3rd and 4th are where it shines when the turbo kicks in. Crawl gear was great driving on Lakeshore drive this weekend with stop and go traffic during the Bears game. Auto stop/start is not as offensive with the stick, really don’t mind it. Hill start assist or whatever it’s called is a great feature when stopped on a hill starting in 1st. Sync4 is great with Apple CarPlay. The base stereo was not so good until I upgraded the 4-4” speakers to JBL Clubs from Crutchfield, much clearer now, no mud. Going to do the 2-6.5” at some point soon. Just received and installed the Curt tow receiver today which will be great for my bike rack or basket, easy install, purchased from RealTruck.com.

I think that’s it. Amazing truck, no problems…yet. Wife and kids love our sunset rides through the forest preserves with our top down and I love all the head turns and attention I get. Questions are welcome.

Happy for you!

And then...... https://media.tenor.com/images/18cc141b0d0af0c1bb31456a6d01dc40/tenor.gif

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

7/18/20 reservation

NICE!! Lucky you!! My Big Bend was built 08/05 but will be sitting at MAP's lot for months before I get mine!! To be truthful, I've been in contact with a Jeep dealer about a Gecko Green colored Gladiator! Ultimately, all I want is a mall crawler that has removeable doors/top. On certain days I tell myself to suck-it-up and wait for the MIC tops to be replaced, and then there's days I want my fav color, Gecko Green! Don't get me wrong, I know Jeep has its own issues, like a chip shortage, so I have to decide soon since the Gecko Green goes away soon! Today, I'm on the Bronco kick since I saw one this morning near Rt 38 & Rt 47 (Elburn)!

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NICE!! Lucky you!! My Big Bend was built 08/05 but will be sitting at MAP's lot for months before I get mine!! To be truthful, I've been in contact with a Jeep dealer about a Gecko Green colored Gladiator! Ultimately, all I want is a mall crawler that has removeable doors/top. On certain days I tell myself to suck-it-up and wait for the MIC tops to be replaced, and then there's days I want my fav color, Gecko Green! Don't get me wrong, I know Jeep has its own issues, like a chip shortage, so I have to decide soon since the Gecko Green goes away soon! Today, I'm on the Bronco kick since I saw one this morning near Rt 38 & Rt 47 (Elburn)!
That is near my neck of the woods...Congrats, OP! Beautiful 🤩 I am picking up my A51/ soft top on Tuesday at Granger...it was delivered yesterday.

Sponsored

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So who here has some experience with Forscan? IF they ever ship my Bronco built 4 weeks ago....I want to modify some things...I NEVER want a freakin' horn alert for anything ever. Clear? Might like to disable a couple other warning buzzes and beeps now that kids are gone....etc.
Yes, I've done a bunch of changes on my dad's 2019 F-150. It's super easy, just find the data sheet for the appropriate car model/system level (sync 3 or 4, etc), buy the right cable to plug into the the OBDII, and download the forscan program on a laptop. If you google how to use forscan, there's a bunch of great videos out there. It's as simple as connecting to the car's computer and changing a few values/characters under certain modules to make adjustments. You'll have to request a trial code to be able to use the license which sometimes takes a few days to receive.

Some things I've added are power folding mirrors automatically when the truck is locked, remotely rolling down the windows with the fob, and adjusting the amount of times the turn signal engages when you do the soft press (normally 3, I changed to 5. Hooking a trailer up adds 2 to which ever it is set to)

Link for data sheets: https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4393
Link for cable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That is near my neck of the woods...Congrats, OP! Beautiful 🤩 I am picking up my A51/ soft top on Tuesday at Granger...it was delivered yesterday.
WOW!! Lucky you! You're getting a soft top, right? Let me know when you're cruising the area near the complex at Rt 38 & Peck Rd! I'm hoping to make a decision today on which way I go!!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, I've done a bunch of changes on my dad's 2019 F-150. It's super easy, just find the data sheet for the appropriate car model/system level (sync 3 or 4, etc), buy the right cable to plug into the the OBDII, and download the forscan program on a laptop. If you google how to use forscan, there's a bunch of great videos out there. It's as simple as connecting to the car's computer and changing a few values/characters under certain modules to make adjustments. You'll have to request a trial code to be able to use the license which sometimes takes a few days to receive.

Some things I've added are power folding mirrors automatically when the truck is locked, remotely rolling down the windows with the fob, and adjusting the amount of times the turn signal engages when you do the soft press (normally 3, I changed to 5. Hooking a trailer up adds 2 to which ever it is set to)

Link for data sheets: https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4393
Link for cable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You WILL become my friend. Do you see what I did there? LOL.....just seen enough of it to realize that I could mess things up and don't know if my mechanic knows anything about it yet. But I need my Bronco first! Thx.

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You WILL become my friend. Do you see what I did there? LOL.....just seen enough of it to realize that I could mess things up and don't know if my mechanic knows anything about it yet. But I need my Bronco first! Thx.
No problem. If anything I always take a picture of the screen before and after I make a change to make sure I'm able to put it back. Had that issue when I tried to add auto tilt down to the side mirrors when the truck is put in reverse and couldn't get that to work

Ish22

Wildtrak
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

7/18/20 reservation

Congrats! I have two main questions. I currently have a JLU Rubicon. One thing I didn't realize before buying a wrangler (first time wrangler owner) was how bad it drove on the highway. Its literally a hassle to keep it in its lane. So first question is Hows the bronco handle on city road and more importantly on highway rides? I know the bronco has independent front suspension vs the solid front axle on the JL, but id like to hear user reviews that it actually drives more like an SUV as apposed to assuming so. Secondly, how are the seats? Anytime I take a ride to say Lake Geneva or New buffalo, I get uncomfortable in the seats on the ride back. Im hoping to hear the bronco has more comfortable seats and a spacious cabin.

What I love about my JLUR is that I can take the top off and enjoy the summer fun but also not have to worry about getting stuck anywhere in the winter when it snows. Perfect compromise for a someone living in the Chicagoland area IMO. What I can't get past is the handling of my Jeep and comfort of the interior. I know my questions are subjective and this is a bronco forum but any unbiased information would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored