First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Congrats! I have two main questions. I currently have a JLU Rubicon. One thing I didn't realize before buying a wrangler (first time wrangler owner) was how bad it drove on the highway. Its literally a hassle to keep it in its lane. So first question is Hows the bronco handle on city road and more importantly on highway rides? I know the bronco has independent front suspension vs the solid front axle on the JL, but id like to hear user reviews that it actually drives more like an SUV as apposed to assuming so. Secondly, how are the seats? Anytime I take a ride to say Lake Geneva or New buffalo, I get uncomfortable in the seats on the ride back. Im hoping to hear the bronco has more comfortable seats and a spacious cabin.

What I love about my JLUR is that I can take the top off and enjoy the summer fun but also not have to worry about getting stuck anywhere in the winter when it snows. Perfect compromise for a someone living in the Chicagoland area IMO. What I can't get past is the handling of my Jeep and comfort of the interior. I know my questions are subjective and this is a bronco forum but any unbiased information would be appreciated.

Thanks!
First, I havenā€™t driven a modern Wrangler for any length of time and really havenā€™t driven one since I got rid of my TJ about 10 years ago. My wife actually MADE me get rid of it after her first and only experience with death wobble on I55 going into the city. Last year I was ready to pull the trigger on a Wrangler until she convinced me to look into the Bronco after the reveal.
Completely unbiased opinion. Im in complete agreement with everyone else that has reviewed the Broncoā€¦city and highway manners are amazing. It doesnā€™t skip sideways over bumps and our infamous potholed roads. It really does soak up the bumps. Steering tracks accurately without much effort. My TJ was much more of a interactive steering endeavor, constant corrections. There is some body roll with the suspension and high center of gravity on twisty roads at speed but I think that adds to the fun hearing my teenage daughters squeal.
Seriously comfortable driving experience for a truck of this size. The driverā€™s seat is really comfortable to me with lots of adjustments available to customize including lumbar support which is important for me and the over 50 crew.

I would totally take this on long road trip and not feel beat up after unless I had the top down the whole time which does kind of tire me out after being in the sun/wind for extended periods.

I couldnā€™t agree more with you about how great the Bronco and even the Wrangler is for our neck of the woods especially with the soft top. Quickly put the top down for our low frequency nice days, put it back up quickly if a rain shower pops up. Confident 4WD in our 6 months of winter. Best of both worlds. And now with the Bronco ride quality you donā€™t have sacrifice comfort.

edit/As for spaciousness, this is probably the best thing for me. Iā€™m a bigger dude 6ā€™3ā€ 250 and the cockpit really feels much more spacious and comfortable than the Wranglers Iā€™ve driven and ridden in. Even better, the console armrest and the window ledge are perfectly fitted for comfortable resting while shifting and hanging an arm out the window. But this could be my own personal body geometry.
Sponsored

Last edited:

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously comfortable driving experience for a truck of this size. The driverā€™s seat is really comfortable to me with lots of adjustments available to customize including lumbar support which is important for me and the over 50 crew.
I'm not old enough to complain, but lumbar is pretty important to me. Are your seats manual or powered?

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not old enough to complain, but lumbar is pretty important to me. Are your seats manual or powered?
@amccue90, I can deal without lumbar, but I need heated seats. I use them year-round. Especially in our Chicago winters.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@amccue90, I can deal without lumbar, but I need heated seats. I use them year-round. Especially in our Chicago winters.
I run hot. I would trade the heated seats for cooled/ventilated in a heartbeat.

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I run hot. I would trade the heated seats for cooled/ventilated in a heartbeat.
@amccue90, that's funny. I'm the opposite. I was just driving my convertible with the top down and the heated seats on. šŸ˜Ž My wife thinks I'm nuts.

Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@amccue90, that's funny. I'm the opposite. I was just driving my convertible with the top down and the heated seats on. šŸ˜Ž My wife thinks I'm nuts.
She might be on to something...

Ish22

Wildtrak
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First, I havenā€™t driven a modern Wrangler for any length of time and really havenā€™t driven one since I got rid of my TJ about 10 years ago. My wife actually MADE me get rid of it after her first and only experience with death wobble on I55 going into the city. Last year I was ready to pull the trigger on a Wrangler until she convinced me to look into the Bronco after the reveal.
Completely unbiased opinion. Im in complete agreement with everyone else that has reviewed the Broncoā€¦city and highway manners are amazing. It doesnā€™t skip sideways over bumps and our infamous potholed roads. It really does soak up the bumps. Steering tracks accurately without much effort. My TJ was much more of a interactive steering endeavor, constant corrections. There is some body roll with the suspension and high center of gravity on twisty roads at speed but I think that adds to the fun hearing my teenage daughters squeal.

I would totally take this on long road trip and not feel beat up after unless I had the top down the whole time which does kind of tire me out after being in the sun/wind for extended periods.

I couldnā€™t agree more with you about how great the Bronco and even the Wrangler is for our neck of the woods especially with the soft top. Quickly put the top down for our low frequency nice days, put it back up quickly if a rain shower pops up. Confident 4WD in our 6 months of winter. Best of both worlds. And now with the Bronco ride quality you donā€™t have sacrifice comfort.

edit/As for spaciousness, this is probably the best thing for me. Iā€™m a bigger dude 6ā€™3ā€ 250 and the cockpit really feels much more spacious and comfortable than the Wranglers Iā€™ve driven and ridden in. Even better, the console armrest and the window ledge are perfectly fitted for comfortable resting while shifting and hanging an arm out the window. But this could be my own personal body geometry.
Thank you for your reply. I know a guy at Gerald Ford so I'm going to see him when I get back into town to take one for a highway test drive and compare myself. I just stopped at a ford dealer in florida that I saw had a wildtrak with Sasquatch. Seats were comfy and felt like it had a little more room in the legs area but definitely more room up top.

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone else go to an Off Roadeo yet?

Was out enjoying the 29+ miles of off-roading at the Moab Off Roadeo yesterday. What a blast. This thing truly is a GOAT.

We sat down to eat the complimentary dinner and my order changed from scheduled to in production. Was scheduled a couple weeks ago for production during the 8/30/21 week. Got my window sticker with a production date of 9/01/21.

BradtheWelder

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Was out enjoying the 29+ miles of off-roading at the Moab Off Roadeo yesterday. What a blast. This thing truly is a GOAT.

We sat down to eat the complimentary dinner and my order changed from scheduled to in production. Was scheduled a couple weeks ago for production during the 8/30/21 week. Got my window sticker with a production date of 9/01/21.
Going next weekend in Moab

Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Next week in New Hampshire for me

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
New Hampshire for me, September 19th. Going out there for about 2 weeks to do some camping, hiking, and fishing

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just did New Hampshire off rodeo this past Saturday. Absolute blast.

Plenty challenging for a newb like me, but the guides certainly didn't seem to give me any mercy. Plop you in the car and say try not to smash the pumpkin (diff).

Weather had cleared up enough that he took us up an area that had been an "issue" (read significant vehicle damage) a couple days before.

The regular mountain drivers can rate the difficulty for me, but my bronco might not see anything that butt-clenchy until the new wears off.

Can't wait until the other locations open up for another trip
Sponsored