Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey everyone,

I know I donā€™t post much often on here, but life has been a bit busy. On that note, I wanted to let the forum know that my business, Great Lakes Undercoating, offers Fluid Film undercoating.

Iā€™m located on the southwest side of Chicago (near Oak Lawn, Evergreen Park) and closely located near I-94. Iā€™m attaching my flyer with pricing, but the pricing for Broncos is:

2 Door Broncos $130
4 Doors $150

What is Fluid Film?

It is a rust preventive (lanolin/wool wax) that penetrates to the base metal and remains soft and pliable. Fluid Film is self-healing, non-drying, and impossible to crack. This undercoat helps protect from road salts applied during the winter.

Is Fluid Film better than rubberized undercoating?

Yes, it is 100% better than rubberized undercoating. Rubberized undercoating may look good upon initial application, but most places require annual applications to maintain the warranty (e.g. Ziebart). These annual applications are applied over existing rust or where the undercoat has cracked/flaked off, which only traps moisture and the existing rust underneath. Overtime your vehicle would begin to rust and eventually rot from underneath the undercoat. Fluid Film applied over existing rust can penetrate into the metal, displacing the oxidation and moisture and can help the rust from advancing.

Who is Great Lakes Undercoating?

Itā€™s a business I started with the goal of protecting peopleā€™s vehicles against corrosion from the Chicagoland winters. Every season, the area is heavily salted to help melt the snow, but this salt is detrimental to our vehicles. I started the business to help residents of Chicagoland to have the proper protection to help combat rust.

Iā€™ve used Fluid Film for several years on my personal vehicles and was shocked on how well it lasted and remained on my Bronco. I daily drove my Bronco last winter and took it offroading on several occasions.

Feel free to DM, call, or text for an appointment. Get your Bronco protected before the winter starts, which is literally around the corner.

I appreciate everyoneā€™s attention and support for my small business.

Ford Bronco Northern Illinois Great Lakes Flier

Sponsored

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What is the going rate around the Chicago area for having graphics (cowl/pinstripe) installed on a vehicle? I've never done this before and trying to figure out what is a good price. Thanks.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the going rate around the Chicago area for having graphics (cowl/pinstripe) installed on a vehicle? I've never done this before and trying to figure out what is a good price. Thanks.
Do you already have the graphics and just need the install or do you need the graphics made too? If the latter, that depends on if it's single color vinyl or printed color.

If you already have the graphics, you can get that done for $150 I'd say. Maybe more but not much less.

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you already have the graphics and just need the install or do you need the graphics made too? If the latter, that depends on if it's single color vinyl or printed color.

If you already have the graphics, you can get that done for $150 I'd say. Maybe more but not much less.
I already have the graphics. 150 is about what I thought.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a client do it for a six pack of crap beer.....

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Will miller lites do?šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone looking for a BaseSas 2.7 hardtop? There's one at a Ford dealer in Tinley Park, but it comes with ADM. Just thought I'd let the N. Illinois group onto it, if you're interested.

edit: I have zero dealership affiliation. I called about availability and price.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will miller lites do?šŸ˜‚
That would be high end compared to what he wanted....I want to say it was Mich Ultra....yuck. Life is way too short. This client is in Geneva, and it's his business....he'd be pretty cheap, one man op out of his basement.

OP
OP
BroncoBrian

BroncoBrian

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick daily driver
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow 55 pages! A little update from me still at the same dealer just a name change we are now Hamblock Ford the long time General Manager bought the store. I FINALLY have a build date on my Bronco cannot wait to get it home my Black Diamond Mid SAS 2.7 will be built in January! I need to go back and read all 55 pages!

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I live in the NW suburbs of Chicago (35 miles outside). Any suggestions on local paths I can take my Squatch this weekend once the snow hits? Thanks all!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Welcome BM....hoping others can tell you...there's the place in Indiana....there's an annual ride in Byron that we just completed....there's a place in Rockford that requires renting the whole place....some stupid law in IL prevents ATV's/UTV's and actual vehicles from sharing spaces.
Sponsored