Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FWIW, I priced out rental cars one way from Crystal Lake to Des Moines a little while back and it was about a hundred bucks. So, not a bad option, certainly cheaper than flying in.
Yeah, I was tooling around on expedia and 1 way flights that are around 30 days in advance are around the same price, some as low as $88 per person right now. I know this might not be typical air travel rates during Covid, but it's all we have to go off of right now. I'm thinking we'll get at least 2-3 week notice on arrival date of the Bronco. Granger has said they'll have some leeway to allow for travel, so I'd think we can plan 4-5 weeks in advance pretty easily.

edit: That's with a stop in Denver, LOL. Non-stop was nearly double. Car rental is definitely an option I was considering, but might be now more than I was before.
Sponsored

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Those are the 2 major reasons I'm looking Black Diamond and Badlands. We are a dog family and I do not want to deal with carpet and dog hair in my Bronco. The easiest is simply not letting the dog in the vehicle, but I know that isn't reality. I envision this interior being very pet friendly and easier to vacuum hair up vs carpet. Carpet is like velcro for dog hair.
YES, MY WORK FORD SUV HAS RUBBER FLOORING, WHICH MAKES IT SO EASY TO KEEP CLEAN!! I WILL HAVE TO KEEP AN EYE ON HAWK FORD DURING MY TRAVELS FOR ANY EXHIBITS, TOO!!

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 2 reservations at the moment, both with Granger. One from 7/24 and the other from 10/1. I'll cancel one of them, but I'm waiting to see what I can afford after B&P gets released. That'll dictate which reservation I go with. I'm still between Black Diamond vs Badlands and I think the model will dictate which reservation I keep.
Unless something drastic changes you aren't locked into those models. At actual time of order you should be able to take your early reservation and switch it to whichever model you want (excluding FE, obviously) - if that's what you want to do.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unless something drastic changes you aren't locked into those models. At actual time of order you should be able to take your early reservation and switch it to whichever model you want (excluding FE, obviously) - if that's what you want to do.
Correct.

I was simply referring to the factor that I didn't list, which was saving for down payment. If I want the Black Diamond, I'm going with my original reservation, since it's cheaper. If I want the Badlands, I'll go with the October reservation and get a few more months to save. I just didn't clearly say why and defaulted to the trim.

joshofthefall

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Scion tC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Got an answer from Rizza in Orland Park on a couple finance questions. Not sure if anyone else here is shopping around in the S/SW Suburbs area but figured I'd share just in case.

Ford Bronco Northern Illinois SmartSelect_20201006-134833_Gmail

Sponsored

JDoc92

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, I priced out rental cars one way from Crystal Lake to Des Moines a little while back and it was about a hundred bucks. So, not a bad option, certainly cheaper than flying in.
Huntley checking in. Made the switch to Granger recently.

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last edited:

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Saw the below thread the other day. Not sure how many folks from our area are buying through Granger, how many might be interested in delivery vs picking up or exactly how Granger would set this up but I'm open to looking into it if others are too.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/granger-offering-group-shipping-to-atlanta-at-450.6468/
I’ve thought this through a bit. I think it’s a nightmare waiting to happen. There could be a significant time period between Bronco arrivals for a group looking at shipping.

There could be a scenario where your Bronco could sit at Grainger waiting for other Broncos to be delivered. Who knows maybe a month. That’d be tough to know it’s at the dealership, but now I’m waiting on the shipping deal.

I’m planning on just picking it up. Flying or renting a car 1 way are most likely. Good luck if you end up organizing a group shipment. It could also workout seamlessly too.

Just Ice

Wildtrak
First Name
Jessica Justice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco / 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After Granger dropped their latest pricing miracle I'm gonna be cancelling my original reservation at Buss Ford and placing one at Granger on 10/1.

I'm not in a huge rush, and I want a base mansquatch anyways, so it looks I'll be making a spring 2022 trip out to Des Moines.

Worth the wait.

Anybody else planning something similar?
I’m in the exact same situation. I live in Crystal Lake, reserved a Bronco at Buss, reserved another at Granger on 10/1. My Bronco will most likely be a 4door Badlands mansquach. My current lease ends 4/2022 so a delivery early 2022 would be perfect timing.

awsome95

Wildtrak
First Name
jimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150 fx4 supercab
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I currently live in west Dundee, and I have mine going through Dundee ford by Santa’s village on route 25 about 15 blocks from home, I’ve bought new cars from them Before, sales dept needs little improvement but there service dept is great, I’m just waiting to go in to actually place order and wait some more to pick it up, just waiting on build price I have wildtrak on reserve

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I currently live in west Dundee, and I have mine going through Dundee ford by Santa’s village on route 25 about 15 blocks from home, I’ve bought new cars from them Before, sales dept needs little improvement but there service dept is great, I’m just waiting to go in to actually place order and wait some more to pick it up, just waiting on build price I have wildtrak on reserve
Has Dundee Ford committed any pricing to you? Just curious. I stopped shopping around Chicago after I couldn’t get any straight answers. I have a 7/24 and 10/1 with Granger. B&P will answer my questions and dictate which resv I keep.

Kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GC Trailhawk; ‘20 Honda Passport; '74 VW KG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm down in St Charles. I did quite a bit of research on Chicago dealers even going down to Evansville, Indy, Cincy, SE Michigan, and up to Milwaukee and Madison. Only a handful of places did not charge Docu Fees (varies greatly and usually stated on the bottom of the individual dealer's web page) and even few had no answers or never even replied. In the middle of doing that research, Granger's $2K offer came up and I jumped on it. They have been very forthcoming (for the most part, given what they can and cannot divulge or know). Worth the 4 1/2 hour drive to NW DesMoines.

It is also nice that Granger is offering shuttles from DSM. I am going to pick-up. It's not that bad of a drive on I-80 via I-88.

I am also in NO hurry to get the Bronco.

I am purchasing the Bronco SportA-51 BL through Granger, too. Hopefully I will get that soon!

devhodge

Big Bend
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Got an answer from Rizza in Orland Park on a couple finance questions. Not sure if anyone else here is shopping around in the S/SW Suburbs area but figured I'd share just in case.

Ford Bronco Northern Illinois SmartSelect_20201006-134833_Gmail
Thanks Josh. Saved me a call to Rizza, now need to decide whether to Granger or not...

joshofthefall

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Scion tC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks Josh. Saved me a call to Rizza, now need to decide whether to Granger or not...
My dilemma as well. ? Glad they pushed the dealer switch date back so we've got more time to make up our minds...

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It appears we have time to figure out what Ford and their dealerships are trying to do with reservations and distribution. I'll say, the nice 5 hour trip back from Granger might just get pushed back to 2022 no matter which reservation I keep (7/24 or 10/1). One thing we know, Ford isn't done tinkering (they keep moving the goalposts), so best to sit and see how this plays out.

@Granger Ford you have any thoughts for us over here in N. Illinois related to this topic? Have a good day everyone!
Sponsored