Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Morris, Illinois here. Going with Granger. My wife and I will make a road trip out of our delivery. Rental car to Granger. 311 miles, 4hrs 36 minutes directly west on I-80.

We'll pick up the Bronco, wife will drop off rental car, and we'll take the long way home. Maybe a couple of days , maybe a week.
Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Given the x plan news, anybody got a dealer sticking to MSRP or better? Wasn't really going for the x plan discount, I wanted to not have to haggle to get a straight forward price.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Given the x plan news, anybody got a dealer sticking to MSRP or better? Wasn't really going for the x plan discount, I wanted to not have to haggle to get a straight forward price.
I was looking around for a few weeks. I couldn't get straight answers from any dealer around here. Good luck. Maybe after B&P things will start to shake out when dealers know what pricing actually looks like, but I'm not holding my breath with Chicago area dealers.

2015, we tried buying a Kia Optima locally. Not one dealer locally that we visited would work on pricing at all. We'd leave and never field a call from the dealer. We ended up in Racine at Boucher Kia. We found the car, they didn't want to give me the pricing we wanted initially, but they caved after a week. I've found local Chicago dealers just don't seem to care about working the deal, because I think they feel a sucker will walk through that will cave within an hour.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was looking around for a few weeks. I couldn't get straight answers from any dealer around here. Good luck. Maybe after B&P things will start to shake out when dealers know what pricing actually looks like, but I'm not holding my breath with Chicago area dealers.

2015, we tried buying a Kia Optima locally. Not one dealer locally that we visited would work on pricing at all. We'd leave and never field a call from the dealer. We ended up in Racine at Boucher Kia. We found the car, they didn't want to give me the pricing we wanted initially, but they caved after a week. I've found local Chicago dealers just don't seem to care about working the deal, because I think they feel a sucker will walk through that will cave within an hour.
Bought my current ride from a boucher chevy in Wisconsin. That x plan was so nice just to not have to worry about haggling down. Guess I'll look closer into granger.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bought my current ride from a boucher chevy in Wisconsin. That x plan was so nice just to not have to worry about haggling down. Guess I'll look closer into granger.
What I did was reserve with Granger out of the gate (7/24 and a 10/1). This way I have options locally to change, if a dealer is found that is being upfront with their Bronco offer. Doing this, I leave my 1 time change open on both, I keep my Granger reservation available to me while shopping locally. I don't intend to move from Granger, but I never say never. Things have changed over the last few months, that I'm glad I reserved with them in July. Their October deal was too good not to consider and have as an option depending on allotments that people have been discussing. I figure I can keep both until up to ordering and have a better idea of what I want to do. I'm not opposed to taking delivery of a MY22, since it allows for me to save longer and more options might be available on the MY22. I have a feeling info will leak just like it has this week.

Sponsored

Kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GC Trailhawk; ‘20 Honda Passport; '74 VW KG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A big, big "NO" here about Chicago dealers!

edit: Speaking of Ford specifically after doing research. No problems with the Honda dealer where I purchased 2 cars recently. And if the name is Napleton (regardless of what brand they sell).... RUN!

Last edited:

AmericanFreedom

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone know if we are going to see Broncos on display here or anywhere near the Great Lakes region come November / December at an event or at dealerships? B&P is great but would like to see some colors and trims in person before placing actual order in December / January

Tom_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 FJ40, 2011 X5D, 2019 Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi everyone,
New here, from Logan Square. Ordered with Granger!!

I talked to Fox Ford and they laughed at me when I asked about markup. They said "of course we're going to mark it up, you can't even find them." I had to tell the guy it wasn't out yet and he said he'd call me back, he never called. A few days later I reserved at Granger.

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi everyone,
New here, from Logan Square. Ordered with Granger!!

I talked to Fox Ford and they laughed at me when I asked about markup. They said "of course we're going to mark it up, you can't even find them." I had to tell the guy it wasn't out yet and he said he'd call me back, he never called. A few days later I reserved at Granger.
Hello Tom...I am another Granger customer that lives in the neighborhood...Belmont and Pulaski. Had two reservations...one with Fox the other with Golf Mill. Long story short...now just have one with Granger. Hope to see you driving through the neighborhood this coming summer?/fall?

Tom_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello Tom...I am another Granger customer that lives in the neighborhood...Belmont and Pulaski. Had two reservations...one with Fox the other with Golf Mill. Long story short...now just have one with Granger. Hope to see you driving through the neighborhood this coming summer?/fall?
I'm at the Binny's up there once a week. What color are you getting? I'm trying to decide between AMB and A51, this week leaning to AMB. I also can't pick between Black Diamond and Badlands.

Sponsored

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
HEY, MY DAUGHTER IS A SCHOOL TEACHER FOR CPS AND LIVES UP BY WRIGLEY FIELD! IM HOPING TO MOVE MY RESERVATION TO GRANGER AS WELL IN THE NEAR FUTURE!

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm at the Binny's up there once a week. What color are you getting? I'm trying to decide between AMB and A51, this week leaning to AMB. I also can't pick between Black Diamond and Badlands.
AMB, 2 door, Base with sasquatch V6 or Black Diamond with no options...prices are close

Tom_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
HEY, MY DAUGHTER IS A SCHOOL TEACHER FOR CPS AND LIVES UP BY WRIGLEY FIELD! IM HOPING TO MOVE MY RESERVATION TO GRANGER AS WELL IN THE NEAR FUTURE!
My wife worked for CPS and my kids went to grade school 2 blocks away from Wrigley.

Tom_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My wife worked for CPS and my kids went to grade school 2 blocks away from Wrigley.
MY DAUGHTER TEACHES ON THE SOUTH SIDE, AND SINCE SHE LIVES ON THE NORTH SIDE, SO SHE DRIVES THE SCENIC LAKE SHORE DR (LSD) WHILE SCHOOL IS IN SESSION! IM GOIN WITH A VELOCITY BLUE BIG BEND 4-DOOR, AUTO, SIG HEADLIGHTS, MID-PACKAGE, AUX SWITCHES, STEP RAILS, AND HARDTOP, AS OF NOW....MORE MAY BE ADDED!
Sponsored