First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I don't mean to bash them. I didn't have a bad relationship, I just didn't have a relationship. I like relationships, so just glad I have one now....still bums me since Hawk is 1/2 walk from my house and sales taxes would have stayed here.
In Illinois sales taxes will go to the state, county and municipality (if they collect them) where the vehicle is registered. Where you purchase it is irrelevant.
Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dm me if you are looking for some help!
I may! Coincidentally my 911 was also purchased out of PA while living in Chicago. Excluding Ohio the trip back is a fun one.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Started calling a few dealers to place my order today and am being told 2 doors are on the list of items that push delivery back to 2022 (disappointing!). I fully realize this is a Ford directive and not dealer directive. Has anyone here placed a 2 door order and been given a delivery date other than "sometime in early 2022"?

Sponsored

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Started calling a few dealers to place my order today and am being told 2 doors are on the list of items that push delivery back to 2022 (disappointing!). I fully realize this is a Ford directive and not dealer directive. Has anyone here placed a 2 door order and been given a delivery date other than "sometime in early 2022"?
What's your reservation date & timestamp?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dude, many of us will be early 22 unless Ford can actually hit Legend's projections of production....only the top third would make it in 21 with Ford's projections.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's your reservation date & timestamp?
I received the confirmation email on 7/14/20 at 7:20pm. Oddly though the confirmation date is 7/15. I see no other time stamp though.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I received the confirmation email on 7/14/20 at 7:20pm. Oddly though the confirmation date is 7/15. I see no other time stamp though.
You're on the cusp then! You might actually see your truck in 21....I don't know if 2 Door is a hold or not...there are other threads on that since it has nothing to do with IL...

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like dealer BS. I placed 2 door order with Granger for MY21. I have a 7/13 reservation.

Now 2 doors along with lux, sas and 2.7 and a few others selections have been said they are on the high demand list and might have lower supplies available. They are not on the late availability or 2022 list (unless something just changed).

Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like dealer BS. I placed 2 door order with Granger for MY21. I have a 7/13 reservation.

Now 2 doors along with lux, sas and 2.7 and a few others selections have been said they are on the high demand list and might have lower supplies available. They are not on the late availability or 2022 list (unless something just changed).
Can I ask when you placed your order?

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can I ask when you placed your order?
My time stamp is 10 minutes after the system opened up. But I am ordering 2 dr badlands, optional wheels, 2.7, lux so I expect I will not be in the first wave of deliveries but still MY21 (unless Ford screws up more). I was told I was #4 at Granger.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The things I've learned from a couple hours a day around this forum in just a week... wow. Firstly, I've switched my reservation to Granger from Fox. It was clear Granger stood up a well oiled Bronco ordering machine. I consistently was provided misinformation from Fox, was ghosted a couple of times when I was told I'd be called back within ten minutes and they wanted a $1k nonrefundable deposit. Forget it....

I was told Fox has 500+ reservations and " currently have the most allocations from any other dealership with a total of 84. " That quote might be in context to Midwest or Chicago area but it doesnt matter to me since I want a white roof. I'll be pushed to MY22 anyway in all likelihood.

Two additional tips:
1) They were pricing at MSRP. Not below and no ADM. I have X plan and understand that's not being honored officially by Ford but saw some dealers using it to price for some buyers. Fox said they wouldnt honor it to price.
2) Do not rely on them for any technical information about the Bronco. I asked several questions that were answered incorrectly or simply ignored. This forum and Bronco Nation have all the technical info (and callouts of Ford's own conflicting info) you would ever need.

I'll add that if i wanted mine in Summer of 21 I would have been fine sticking with Fox and paying MSRP. They weren't terrible to deal with and were kind when we did talk.

Thanks for the info from all here. Happy to share more of my experience at Fox if anyone could use it.

Last edited:

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The things I've learned from a couple hours a day around this forum in just a week... wow. Firstly, I've switched my reservation to Granger from Fox. It was clear Granger stood up a well oiled Bronco ordering machine. I consistently was provided misinformation from Fox, was ghosted a couple of times when I was told I'd be called back within ten minutes and they wanted a $1k nonrefundable deposit. Forget it....
(bolding done by me)
Thanks for this info. My (late) July res is with Fox. I've never heard from them except for 2 generic summer Ford sales emails. Non-refundable deposit is a non-starter. I have an October res with Granger. Given my lateness in the queue with either res and what I want (BL 4 door, dual top, V-6, Lux) virtually guaranteeing I'm in MY '22 anyway I don't think I'll even bother to convert the July res to Granger but instead just cancel that one - after/if Fox every contacts me. If I'm waiting until next year might as well save the extra grand the Grangetober deal provides.