First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For what it would cost to retro an OEM disconnect which would only gain about another inch and a half comparatively, it's a slam dunk with budget in mind, if that was the only factor.

One poster said he noticed more body roll when cornering, but how much? 'Not much' is very subjective.
I would love to see something somewhat quantitative comparing how it handles before and after, turns at speed, does it cause more over steer ? Nose diving, Rocking when straightening up after a turn?

I'm not pretending the Bronco was made to handle like a Porche, but too much body roll gets old fast when road tripping.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Read this whole thread, they have some articulation numbers on like the second page. Problem with those AC Fab disconnects, the heim joints start to wear and get really loud. I've been running the Walker links for nearly a year now and have nothing but positive things to say about them. You won't get the amount of articulation with them as you would a disconnect but it definitely is better than a solid link. Plus you don't have to crawl under it to disconnect and connect!
Ah, I must have missed that. I have been following this thread since the beginning - and I remember them saying they were planning a comparison. Don't remember it becoming public. I will dig back in.

Also - what @DriveAllNight said 👆

OP
OP
Boss Broncos

Boss Broncos

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boss4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sasquatch 2DR; '78 FJ40; '85 T4R
Your Bronco Model
Base
For what it would cost to retro an OEM disconnect which would only gain about another inch and a half comparatively, it's a slam dunk with budget in mind, if that was the only factor.

One poster said he noticed more body roll when cornering, but how much? 'Not much' is very subjective.
I would love to see something somewhat quantitative comparing how it handles before and after, turns at speed, does it cause more over steer ? Nose diving, Rocking when straightening up after a turn?

I'm not pretending the Bronco was made to handle like a Porche, but too much body roll gets old fast when road tripping.
Good questions...
The shocks have a 1.5" stroke, so that would be the limit to the amount of lean.
Per Walker Evans:
"With 1.5 inches of dampened action per side your shocks will be able to act independently until a point where the Walker Link has collapsed enough to now act like a rigid link under heavy loads and when cornering. You get the best of both worlds with these links, a more independent shock action at the initial stroke and a solid support under heavy loads, turning and when leaning on the sway bar."

This video shows varying terrain and some street driving so you can see how they work:

We just got back from United by Bronco and I towed a trailer in heavy winds and felt very stable, even with going up to 37" tires.

The feedback we've gotten is that yes, you will feel the difference, but it's not an unstable feeling, and once used to it, you don't really notice it. Another thing to note is that if lifted, a rear track bar relocation bracket helps to restore the lateral geometry and improve stability.

Last edited:

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

You definitely can feel a difference, and how much is subjective. My wife didn't know I installed them and on our way to Colorado she asked me if I had done something as she said the ride felt a bit different especially the on and off ramps. I could feel a difference but had I not driven it before I would have thought it normal. My buddy took his sway bar completely off and you really feel it, but still not that bad.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You definitely can feel a difference, and how much is subjective. My wife didn't know I installed them and on our way to Colorado she asked me if I had done something as she said the ride felt a bit different especially the on and off ramps. I could feel a difference but had I not driven it before I would have thought it normal. My buddy took his sway bar completely off and you really feel it, but still not that bad.
Do you notice any over steering, especially with the off ramps? Do you find you have to slow down more than before for control?
Or just a slight weight shift ?
And when she noticed, did she think it was for the worse?
And I'm assuming if it is a negative with handling, that you feel the trade off is worth it?

Thank you for taking the time to answer- very much appreciated.

Sponsored

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you notice any over steering, especially with the off ramps? Do you find you have to slow down more than before for control?
Or just a slight weight shift ?
And when she noticed, did she think it was for the worse?
And I'm assuming if it is a negative with handling, that you feel the trade off is worth it?

Thank you for taking the time to answer- very much appreciated.
No, I don't think there is any negative impact to driving on the street and traction off road IMO has improved! The best way I can explain it is the suspension feels looser but not in a bad way. No I don't think she felt it was worse just different, maybe she felt a little more body lean going into the ramps, not bad just different.

kw_rc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Boss Broncos - I checked your site but couldn't find fitment info. Does this work with a '23 Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0.

OP
OP
Boss Broncos

Boss Broncos

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boss4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Boss Broncos - I checked your site but couldn't find fitment info. Does this work with a '23 Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0.
Fits all models (except not tested on Sport or Raptor). All have the same factory links that these replace.

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Fits all models (except not tested on Sport or Raptor). All have the same factory links that these replace.
How long till you have to service or rebuild them?

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd like to know that also! I've been running them for nearly a year now and check them ever once in awhile and have not seen any signs of leakage. I'm not sure if there is any amount of fluid in them that would show if the seals go bad.

Sponsored

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Another thing to note (other than the recommended service interval question), I have a 2 inch Eibach lift (SPRINGS ONLY) on my Sasquatch Bronco. This will work fine right? I did read previous posts, yes. But @Boss Broncos - for the answer. And no install videos or a PDF sheet? I looked all over.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s funny-just yesterday I was driving down a road that’s terribly maintained and thinking “the bronco really does have a decent ride. How have I not noticed this before?” Then girly also mentioned how much nicer the ride feels lately. Didn’t really equate it to being the new Walker Links until after reading this thread, but that’s gotta be it. Nothing else changed.

Eventually I think I’ll get the Badlands swaybar system like BigMeats and combine the two.

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s funny-just yesterday I was driving down a road that’s terribly maintained and thinking “the bronco really does have a decent ride. How have I not noticed this before?” Then girly also mentioned how much nicer the ride feels lately. Didn’t really equate it to being the new Walker Links until after reading this thread, but that’s gotta be it. Nothing else changed.

Eventually I think I’ll get the Badlands swaybar system like BigMeats and combine the two.
Yes it's subtle but definitely different. Possibly it's a softer, I like to say looser feel. I like it and definitely feel it helps the off-road qualities.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes it's subtle but definitely different. Possibly it's a softer, I like to say looser feel. I like it and definitely feel it helps the off-road qualities.
Certainly noticed the increases articulation off-roading, but didn’t expect an improved ride in the city. I’ll take it.

OP
OP
Boss Broncos

Boss Broncos

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boss4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
There's no set answer really... depends on your driving style, off-road use, and other factors, but should last several thousand miles, just like any other shock. Certainly if you notice them leaking a rebuild is needed for a new seal kit. I will see if Walker Evans has any further recommendations.

We've had them on for about a year now, with probably half of our 10k miles being off-road on some difficult trails, and everything is still in great condition.

Started off testing them with the stock Sasquatch suspension and now have a 1.4" front lift (minus the added winch weight) and 37" tires. From high speed desert runs to slower rock crawling, we've worked the suspension!
Sponsored