Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer said (drink) that I have to add leather to my OBX build to get scheduled this year as the cloth has been balanced out. Anyone hearing something similar? I am in Canada so may be different.
Sponsored

Damarcus XI

Base
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Idk it seems a little weird. Is the OBX cloth somehow different than cloth from the other models? Would that also means that all cloth across all models is balanced out?

OP
OP

KitsBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@RagnarKon - have you heard anything in this regard? Thanks!

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If ford says they ā€˜ran outā€™ of cloth for the seats I am calling B.S. of their whole ā€˜supply chain issueā€™ constraint bull $hit excuses.

Jeep keeps building with no problem.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Idk it seems a little weird. Is the OBX cloth somehow different than cloth from the other models? Would that also means that all cloth across all models is balanced out?
Yeah, they are completely different. Different colors and stitching pattern.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@RagnarKon - have you heard anything in this regard? Thanks!
Nope, but I haven't read today's communications yet.

There is a web conference next Monday all about the Broncoā€”including when order banks will re-openā€”so we should have a ton of info by end-of-day Monday or Tuesday.

OP
OP

KitsBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope, but I haven't read today's communications yet.

There is a web conference next Monday all about the Broncoā€”including when order banks will re-openā€”so we should have a ton of info by end-of-day Monday or sometime during the day on Tuesday.
Thank you!

OP
OP

KitsBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just heard the same thing here in Charleston SC -- no cloth seats available for a OBX
Thanks for letting me know! I was forced to switch to leather or I would be balanced out again..

RedDK

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Currently debating doing the same! Trying to get my order settled with the dealer tonight so it's ready to go on Monday.

I'd much prefer not adding on another $2k+ for leather seats since I'd rather go with cloth to begin with being in the south.

The other option for is to drop down to a Big Bend w/ mid package but I really had myself settled on the OBX haha

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for letting me know! I was forced to switch to leather or I would be balanced out again..
I ordered the Roast/Onyx leather with my 2021 in Charleston. 17 months and 29,000 miles later, I'm very pleased. The electric adjustability was my key goal. Theres also an adjustable fore/aft front headrest (cloth only goes up/down) and rear center arm rest with leather. Worth it to me. Wears well.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That suxā€¦.what is the cost difference? I switched out my OBX cloth for katskin leather for about $2100

Ford Bronco OBX Cloth Balanced Out? 3B60BEA2-B1A2-4631-BEE0-9C1A4DA18560

OP
OP

KitsBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered the Roast/Onyx leather with my 2021 in Charleston. 17 months and 29,000 miles later, I'm very pleased. The electric adjustability was my key goal. Theres also an adjustable fore/aft front headrest (cloth only goes up/down) and rear center arm rest with leather. Worth it to me. Wears well.
Good to hear. After a few days of research after they forced me into the change, Iā€™m actually looking forward to them. I think the black/brown combo looks sleek and love the electric capability. How is the bronze dash? That is the one thing Iā€™m not a huge fan of from the photos.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good to hear. After a few days of research after they forced me into the change, Iā€™m actually looking forward to them. I think the black/brown combo looks sleek and love the electric capability. How is the bronze dash? That is the one thing Iā€™m not a huge fan of from the photos.
Honestly, that bronze dash got the most complaints 2 years ago, when many of us were ordering from photographs on the Ford configurator, never having seen the vehicle. However, the bronze keeps its color, looks sharp, blends well with the other colors, is easy to clean . . . Its the prettiest part of the interior. Sitting in the car, its not too light. Not too dark . . . And it cuts down the glare.

20230309_115421.jpg

Last edited:

Cchas

Outer Banks
First Name
Chelsea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Currently debating doing the same! Trying to get my order settled with the dealer tonight so it's ready to go on Monday.

I'd much prefer not adding on another $2k+ for leather seats since I'd rather go with cloth to begin with being in the south.

The other option for is to drop down to a Big Bend w/ mid package but I really had myself settled on the OBX haha
Same here. When I sat with my dealer yesterday going through my build for Monday cloth wasnā€™t an option. I didnā€™t want leather for the same reason, itā€™s hot down here lol. But I just keep telling myself itā€™s one less customization I have to do if and when I finally get my bronco. The leather they use is nice, and power seats are a plus so Iā€™m sure I will be happy to have it, even if it was forced.
Sponsored