First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you run the OBX up to the same options as a BL it's almost the same money. Both my BL and OBX builds come right around the $55k mark. Still, no wash out the floor in the OBX and you have to take the leather to get a seat that won't stay wet for a month. BL still presents the best value if you are looking to add High or Lux.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Beachcrawler

Beachcrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It does and it doesnt. The OBX went up $795 during the refresh. Ford removed the auto 4x4 from the lower gearing. So to get auto 4x4 + 4.27 gearing is 1590. My OBX 2.7 lux build is 1,400 less than a similarly optioned out Badlands. And I'm going to blow through that 1,400 on tires. So honestly, I think Badlands still reigns the champ. It has probably 3-4k of more off roading content for the same price.
Not with my builds. My 4 door OBX is 5K less than a similarly* equipped Badlands. Thats with the Badlands having the upgraded Badlands wheels (because they’re awesome) and the OBX having the sound deadening (not an option with the 2.7L Badlands). Both with 2.7L, dual tops, High pkg, plus several common adds, 53K vs 58K. *Badlands has the additional off roading capability, but for 5K more on my build.

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmm, maybe because i am adding auto 4x4, higher gearing, aux switches, and front steel bumper, totaling 2,615 (all of which comes standard on BL). Then of course im losing out on $2,200 leather option, whereas the BL would be MGV (sacrificing a sacrifice on manual front seats). Either way, I prefer the more OBX interior/exterior features, and will steer clear of BL given likely payload limitations.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Beachcrawler wait, how are you planning on getting badlands wheels?

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you run the OBX up to the same options as a BL it's almost the same money. Both my BL and OBX builds come right around the $55k mark. Still, no wash out the floor in the OBX and you have to take the leather to get a seat that won't stay wet for a month. BL still presents the best value if you are looking to add High or Lux.
that's how it worked out for me - the OBX build (with aftermarket wheels/tires and flares) was within $4K (CAD) of BL
Personally I much prefer the interior of the BL and BD over the OBX
the BL is way more than I need but a delta of $4K for a better interior and checks all the boxes is easy to justify
but as real costing and more aftermarket options emerge that could change

Sponsored
OP
OP
Beachcrawler

Beachcrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Beachcrawler wait, how are you planning on getting badlands wheels?
Sorry for the confusion, I was contrasting the 2 builds and stating that my BL build had those wheels while the OBX doesn’t. I love those wheels.... I just edited it for clarity.

TomD9807

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 / 2016 Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My initial reservation was an Outer Banks BUT I Hate The Grille!

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My initial reservation was an Outer Banks BUT I Hate The Grille!
Same - originally picked OBX.....OBX grille is actually my favorite on AMB. If payload ends up being acceptable on a BL, and I go that route, the first thing I am going to do is swap out for an OBX grille.

Parrett

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I must have done 50 different builds. When the Bronco was announced I was all in on the Black Diamond 2 door manual. Now after obsessing over it all I keep going back to the OBX. I’m 50 and have always gotten the new vehicle for my wife. I’m in a place where now it’s my turn. I do a lot of driving and it will be my daily driver, so why not? I won’t be doing a lot of trails in New England and I don’t want to be the “yuppie guy” on made up courses. I’ll go out on my own on logging roads and enjoy the snow in the winters. The Black Diamond & Badlands are geared more toward ruggedness as opposed to the OBX.
I have a love hate relationship with the cloth seats. Those ribs are crumb and dirt magnet. Plus it looks like it will be like the 5G cloth and stretch and thin out. Who knows and they don’t have it on any Bronco Sports so I can’t go see an example. I don’t like spending the extra money with the packages, I have to upgrade to Leather and might as well go to the LUX package if you’re going to get the High Package. I can’t take the tiny screen with the massive bezel around it. Plus all my driving, I want the adaptive cruise control. Expensive truck, but I’ve waited a long time.

These are all personal preferences that fit me. The more builds you do, the more you’ll come back to what you really want.
Sponsored