Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The other question I have is: Are the front axles upgraded on the lower trims from M190 to M210 with the sasquatch package? Description doesn't call it out, unless that's assumed with the locking front axle

Sasquatch™ Package
17" black-painted aluminum beadlock-capable
wheels with 35" LT315/70R17 BSW Mud-Terrain tires,
electronic-locking front and rear axles,
4.7 Final Drive Ratio,
high-clearance suspension,
position-sensitive Bilstein™ shock absorbers,
and high-clearance fender flares
Big axle comes standard on the BL and with the Sas .
Sponsored

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Attempting to breathe some life back into this thread...

I, too, have planned on OBX/ Sas/ 2.7/ Mod top... then realized I could get Baja (which I absolutely will use) for a few quid more. Perhaps I'm falling into the price trap Ford has designed, and perhaps I'm ok with it. That said, question about the grill- doesn't OBX have some venter flap that opens up at speed for cold intake/ induction? Or does that seem gimmicky? I personally like the OBX grill better but I imagine I could buy/ swap one after the fact.

Anything else I'm missing before making the switch to WT? Seems almost too sweet...

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Attempting to breathe some life back into this thread...

I, too, have planned on OBX/ Sas/ 2.7/ Mod top... then realized I could get Baja (which I absolutely will use) for a few quid more. Perhaps I'm falling into the price trap Ford has designed, and perhaps I'm ok with it. That said, question about the grill- doesn't OBX have some venter flap that opens up at speed for cold intake/ induction? Or does that seem gimmicky? I personally like the OBX grill better but I imagine I could buy/ swap one after the fact.

Anything else I'm missing before making the switch to WT? Seems almost too sweet...
The moment you go with those 3 options on basically any trim, you can easily be in the WT range, especially if you also add Mid since WT comes with it (and the aux switches)

IMO, unless you want a stripped down version, there are really only 2 choices... WT or BL. Possibly a built up OBx if you really can't stand the interior of the WT.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Based on the optioning up you are planning, I think the only "significant" difference is the selectable 4x4 with OBX and Advanced Auto 4x4 with Wildtrak.

Oh, that Wildtrak hood graphic that no one has seen. :)
An insider from Ford sent me the graphic. I think it really ties it all together.

Ford Bronco OBX vs Wildtrak 1619092284395

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The moment you go with those 3 options on basically any trim, you can easily be in the WT range, especially if you also add Mid since WT comes with it (and the aux switches)

IMO, unless you want a stripped down version, there are really only 2 choices... WT or BL. Possibly a built up OBx if you really can't stand the interior of the WT.
@da_jokker yeah I came to the same conclusion. I'm not doing leather seats and I'm not really a fan of that massive step rail on the OBX, so yeah, may be WT for me. Plus I'd get Baja. Thanks for the sanity check.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I thought the high package gives you the auto 4x4
I don't think so, because my first quote was a lux package without the advanced 4x4 and I was rather annoyed because the advanced 4x4 and rear locker were on my must have list on the OBX.
Sponsored