First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been watching the forums for a while but this is my first post. Tomorrow evening I place my order for a day one reservation. I was sure I was going OBX but then watched some of the videos from KOH has me wavering. Quick background - mine will be a daily driver and I'm a Realtor so will routinely have clients in the Bronco with me (post COVID of course). I drive the beach often and occasional mild off-road use but I don't see any hardcore use in the immediate future. The OBX was going to be spec'd with the 2.7, standard wheels and tires, LUX and cactus grey. I have always loved the look of the SAS but the 35's are likely overkill for me and the extra heigh could create challenges for clients getting in and out.

So my question is this - how much do you think the 33's on the badlands will impact noice and fuel economy compared to the standard OBX package? And will there be an aftermarket option for a tube step while the rock rails are still there? I'm thinking I may switch to a badlands instead. Open to any suggestions from the experienced crew on here. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For your needs the OBX with tube steps seems the right way to go. The 4x4 and options in the OBX will be fine for snow in NJ and the beaches. If you Sas it will be too high for clients (generally). What is it about the Badlands you like/feel you need that you don’t get in the OBX?

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Given your use with clients going in and out of the backseats I would stick with non-sas OBX. Honestly I would just get a different vehicle.

Any other scenario I would say Badlands.

Jason O

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Bronco II; 2015 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you want your clients riding in... carpet flooring and cloth/leather seats, or washout flooring and MGV?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What do you want your clients riding in... carpet flooring and cloth/leather seats, or washout flooring and MGV?

Might depend on the clients. Hose out might be appropriate.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For clients, you'll want the OBX.

Maybe he has to hose off his clients... you don't know!
;)

Edit: I will now have to walk this earth knowing that @kodiakisland beat me to the punch.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In NJ too. It feels that most realtors stick with something that is comfortable and luxurious but doesn’t scream I’m making a ton of money off of you, and also says family.

Acura RDX, MDX and XC90 are so common with brokers. Like annoyingly so. But I understand why.

on the flip side a handful of the superstar male realtors go all out in some type of power move. Like I’m the most successful realtor ever and you’re in good hands. I’ve seen G wagons, RR sports M5s etc.

The two categories above are very odd to see between female and male brokers, but nonetheless, I’m not sure where the bronco comes into play. I would 1000% not go with a badlands since it’s the hardest to get into without side steps. And the interior is cold and Spartan without carpeting. I would go with OBX non sas lux. Just keep in mind it’s still not the best vehicle. Some women could feel unsafe in the back with the roof setup. But it’s your truck and your personal use, so I don’t want to say get another vehicle. But if you do get a bronco, then OBX. If it were me, I’d probably pivot to something with a fixed roof, such as a LR Discovery or Defender. Lease it, and write off the miles.

Last edited:
OP
OP
blogue

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent point.

OP
OP
blogue

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In NJ too. It feels that most realtors stick with something that is comfortable and luxurious but doesn’t scream I’m making a ton of money off of you, and also says family.

Acura RDX, MDX and XC90 are so common with brokers. Like annoyingly so. But I understand why.

on the flip side a handful of the superstar male realtors go all out in some type of power move. Like I’m the most successful realtor ever and you’re in good hands. I’ve seen G wagons, RR sports M5s etc.

The two categories above are very odd to see between female and male brokers, but nonetheless, I’m not sure where the bronco comes into play. I would 1000% not go with a badlands since it’s the hardest to get into without side steps. And the interior is cold and Spartan without carpeting. I would go with OBX non sas lux. Just keep in mind it’s still not the best vehicle. Some women could feel unsafe in the back with the roof setup. But it’s your truck and your personal use, so I don’t want to say get another vehicle. But if you do get a bronco, then OBX. If it were me, I’d probably pivot to something with a fixed roof, such as a LR Discovery or Defender. Lease it, and write off the miles.
Appreciate all of that. I sell in a beach town so part of what I’m selling is a lifestyle. The Bronco fits well within that. Plenty of other top agents in the area running around in wranglers as well. I’ve had a couple of Grand Cherokees now and they’ve served the purpose well. But this is definitely something I’m excited about.

Thanks all for the info. Just needed a little reminder of why the OBX is the better fit for my scenario. Baja mode had seduced me for a bit there. But realistically there are few places in my part of NJ that it would ever be worthwhile. Off tot the dealership this evening. I’ll give any useful feedback I gain from the visit.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Appreciate all of that. I sell in a beach town so part of what I’m selling is a lifestyle. The Bronco fits well within that. Plenty of other top agents in the area running around in wranglers as well. I’ve had a couple of Grand Cherokees now and they’ve served the purpose well. But this is definitely something I’m excited about.

Thanks all for the info. Just needed a little reminder of why the OBX is the better fit for my scenario. Baja mode had seduced me for a bit there. But realistically there are few places in my part of NJ that it would ever be worthwhile. Off tot the dealership this evening. I’ll give any useful feedback I gain from the visit.
Oh if you’re in a beach town the bronco is the perfect car to sell the lifestyle. Yeah, it’s a bummer you don’t get Baja on an OBX. Wildtrak is probably too much for shorter clients. Although we did hear from a Ford rep that sport mode in 4H has the same characteristics as Baja mode.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you will find the OBX extremely capable off road and surprisingly comfortable on. Having been in the BB SQ, it was already pretty comfortable and the OBX Lux will give you that next level of quiet and comfort, plus the fun 12” screen for your customers to check out. If you have space, get some BD take off wheels or something else “low budget” and put some all terrains on. Swap them out for winter or off road excursions. With an electric impact and a floor jack it takes about 15 min to swap! You can order the rear locker and advanced transfer case on OBX right? That gets you about 75% of the capabilities of the BL. Front locker and disconnect is nice, but incremental over rear locker in many situations.

OP
OP
blogue

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you will find the OBX extremely capable off road and surprisingly comfortable on. Having been in the BB SQ, it was already pretty comfortable and the OBX Lux will give you that next level of quiet and comfort, plus the fun 12” screen for your customers to check out. If you have space, get some BD take off wheels or something else “low budget” and put some all terrains on. Swap them out for winter or off road excursions. With an electric impact and a floor jack it takes about 15 min to swap! You can order the rear locker and advanced transfer case on OBX right? That gets you about 75% of the capabilities of the BL. Front locker and disconnect is nice, but incremental over rear locker in many situations.
Thanks - yes the OBX will be getting the advanced transfer case the the locking rear. And good thought with the wheel and tire upgrade.

TankCommander

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks - yes the OBX will be getting the advanced transfer case the the locking rear. And good thought with the wheel and tire upgrade.
Let us know what you end up with and why. I'm also debating OBX and BL.
Sponsored