First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sierra Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And there is or always has been a difference in warranty for accessories dealer vs self install.
1 year vs 90 day? Just asking
24 months from date of install according to dealership. It was $700 less to have them install than to ship to me. And we’re 19 miles apart. I was even gonna ship it to my bakery. Loading dock and forklift capable.
Sponsored

Imacreative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I purchased. Just got email from FoMoCo telling me to schedule my install. Texted my salesman and asked if it had shown up (which I doubt). Awaiting a call back
I received the same email when I placed my order on the 11th, but the email also noted that I would receive another email following that (thank You for your order) email, and I have yet to receive one.

I did check my account on accessories.ford.com and it read "Order Status: Partially Received". I think fulfilling the order could take quite a while.

Imacreative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received the same email when I placed my order on the 11th, but the email also noted that I would receive another email following that (thank You for your order) email, and I have yet to receive one.

I did check my account on accessories.ford.com and it read "Order Status: Partially Received". I think fulfilling the order could take quite a while.
I guess I spoke too soon. I called the Customer Resource Center this morning and they tell me that my hard top was shipped on the 18th. So I'm waiting for the same email ColbyLang received about scheduling my install.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just placed my order a couple of hours ago, so I guess I will just have to wait for the shipped email and delivered email. I'm guessing i'll have to remove my cargo shelf and drawer system for them to do the installation.

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Follow up: dropping Bronco off at lunchtime for recalls and front shock replacement. It’ll get the hardtop installed first thing tomorrow morning.

Any update on the install? Was the hardtop good?

Sponsored
OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was going to check on prices for individual pieces and the rear cap (current production) has a retail of $5,873.33, center panel $1,842.05, right front $1,027.65, left front $1,179.35, rear glass $1,154.80, side glass $424.23/ea. That is all before any of the wiper parts, hardware, short harness for the motor, rear window seal or headliner.

I assumed once a couple model years were under their belts the parts would continue to come down in price and instead, they're going in the other direction.

Last edited:

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread is KILLING ME!! Reserved - 7/14/20 - Ordered - 2/1/21 - Built - 9/12/21, Delivered - 9/22/21.
Still no email... But I can't stop watching you all get yours delivered... Congrats on yours. I'll just show myself out.

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was built in August and delivered in September, still no email either. My switch to a soft top was after I saw the build numbers coming out with hard tops so constrained. I was a 2dr, then to a 4dr to get it earilier. They are probably not reading that as "switching" since it wasnt just a like to like. soft tops are better in the summer anyways...right?

Sponsored

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was built in August and delivered in September, still no email either. My switch to a soft top was after I saw the build numbers coming out with hard tops so constrained. I was a 2dr, then to a 4dr to get it earilier. They are probably not reading that as "switching" since it wasnt just a like to like. soft tops are better in the summer anyways...right?
For sure. I will always ride in the summer with the soft top. We just take a lot of car trips and the security and less noise would make the hard top a good choice for then. In the winter it would be a bit nicer too, but the soft top is still fine in the winter.

Imacreative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So i just got my new hardtop installed. The local dealership experience was really great (my first in this place)! Yesterday morning, the Accessories Manager called me to introduce himself and talked me through what they plan to do since this would be their first time installing the hardtop from a soft top. He informed me that while videos may show how easy it is, they may take a few hours just to do their due diligence and make sure they do it right. Big thumbs up for managing customer expectations.

I drove in at 8am and the Accessories Manager and the install tech met me to once again explain their plan. Since this is their first, they are going to document everything. Then once the soft top is taken out, they would clean all the dirt and debris to ensure a clean install. They also made sure that they did the take off/installation near the garage gate so I that could observe every step as they took the hardtop off the crate. Each panel was shown to me so that I can inspect prior to mounting. A learning moment on their end is when they lifted the back of the hard top, the rear glass swung upwards. It was looked at (it didn't hit anything), re-inspected and noted to use painters tape to tape down the glass prior to future installs. Everything else went smoothly.

After the install, they offered to wash the Bronco to do a quick check for leaks. Then asked if they could test drive to inspect for wind noise. Finally, they tested the rear wiper and defroster. Everything is good! They then put my rear seats down and layed in cardboard before they put my soft top in. Also boxed the extras and the parts they took out.

As I drove home, there were a couple of observations:
• After over 2 years of driving with a soft top, this was dramatically silent!
• Somehow, the subwoofer rattle disappeared.

Kudos to McCombs Ford West in San Antonio!

PS. If you plan to pick up or install with the dealership, they will check your VIN and make sure the hardtop order matches.

jtmportland

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heads up: I was just able to successfully order a hardtop on the Ford accessories site. I have a late ‘21 and have not received the invite. They took my money and sent me a confirmation though. I’ll update this if it falls through.
Sponsored