Sponsored

Hard Top Availability (after delivery as accessory)

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford never said or implied anything about reasonable cost. I've always expected it to be between $3-4000 and I hope I'm right.
you must believe in lots of mythical things..

no, they never said, taking the hardtop prep is an implication that you would buy a hard top later on.. i am sure If we dig up the emails, there will be more said about it... why would you need a prep kit if you weren't going to be sold a hard top??
Sponsored

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Seems very expensive to me. The Bronco MIC top is a $695 option for the 4-door. Even the Jeep 4-door has 3-pc black top for $1695 and a body colored one for $2695.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems very expensive to me. The Bronco MIC top is a $695 option for the 4-door. Even the Jeep 4-door has 3-pc black top for $1695 and a body colored one for $2695.
The mic top is $695 plus the soft top cost. The soft top cost doesn’t come out of the price if you go hard top. I’m still amazed people believe you can get the hard top for $695. 🤷‍♂️

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you must believe in lots of mythical things..

no, they never said, taking the hardtop prep is an implication that you would buy a hard top later on.. i am sure If we dig up the emails, there will be more said about it... why would you need a prep kit if you weren't going to be sold a hard top??
I don't believe in any mythical things. The prep kit was supplied so that those who might want to add a hard top later on can more easily do so.

My issue is that you think there was an implication that it would be for what you consider to be a reasonable cost. They are not going to sell if for less than a soft top, sorry.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't believe in any mythical things. The prep kit was supplied so that those who might want to add a hard top later on can more easily do so.

My issue is that you think there was an implication that it would be for what you consider to be a reasonable cost. They are not going to sell if for less than a soft top, sorry.
if you compare the price of a hard top and soft top version of the vehicle, they price of a HT is defined... and yes, there is an implication... We can't produce the hard top, please order with a soft top so you can get it, and we;ll make it easy to add one later... where else would one be getting a hard top from? at the time they made this offer, no other hard top existed for the bronco besides the one they made...

oh wait, I am having an argument with a stranger on the internet.. have a nice day..

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you compare the price of a hard top and soft top version of the vehicle, they price of a HT is defined... and yes, there is an implication... We can't produce the hard top, please order with a soft top so you can get it, and we;ll make it easy to add one later... where else would one be getting a hard top from? at the time they made this offer, no other hard top existed for the bronco besides the one they made...

oh wait, I am having an argument with a stranger on the internet.. have a nice day..
You keep arguing something completely different than I am.

We know the price if you purchase a Bronco from the factory and add a hard top. That's it.

So what you're missing is: subtracting the price of a soft top; the discrepancy in price between a factory order and a purchase through the parts department; and freight costs.

We know all of those things will be a factor. What we don't know is the price of a soft top, since they don't sell those yet either. And that could be anywhere between $1600 and $2400. Add at least a grand for the hard top and we might be in the ballpark.

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would guess that the hard top prep kit was added more as a complexity save for Ford, rather than as a good deed for us consumers. Much easier to just make one variation rather than 2.

Just saying......

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would guess that the hard top prep kit was added more as a complexity save for Ford, rather than as a good deed for us consumers. Much easier to just make one variation rather than 2.

Just saying......
I would think that was definitely part of it, yeah
Sponsored