Sponsored

When can we order individual MIC Hard Tops after we've taken delivery?

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all,

Wasn't sure where this question should go as I haven't been as active on the forum since I took delivery about a year ago on my soft top badlands which I love.

I was curious if there had been any update on when we can order/put on name on a list to buy JUST a MIC Hard Top as I just moved to WA and want to use hard top in the winter and soft top in the summer.

I know this is probably still a end of year 2023/early 2024 probability but let me know if there was any official word from Ford on this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeR2D2

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are not going to like the answer for that
haha don't worry I know it's going to be a wait - I just hadn't checked in a while and was curious.

I'm honestly impressed with how warm it actually stays inside the Bronco with the soft top it holds heat well - just thought since I won't be opening top much in winter my plan is to get a hard top whenever haha

CJSimmons

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

haha don't worry I know it's going to be a wait - I just hadn't checked in a while and was curious.

I'm honestly impressed with how warm it actually stays inside the Bronco with the soft top it holds heat well - just thought since I won't be opening top much in winter my plan is to get a hard top whenever haha
Not even the wait for it. The cost of them. You can get a different price depending on what parts dept you call, but MIC tops will run you 7-10k

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

at this point, it's far faster to buy a vehicle w/ MIC hard top from an in-stock dealer,
(eat the ADM), swap the tops, and resell (hopefully at a profit) the donor vehicle

:mad:

OP
OP
JeR2D2

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We ordered one from Advanced Fiberglass (www.advfiberglass.com) a couple of weeks ago and have an ETA of January '23........
Just looked at this and its DEFINITELY tempting....looks really nice and doesn't seem too bad price wise, will probably start saving and look forward to seeing feedback so I can have one by winter 2023/2024

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably the day after every Reserved Bronco has been delivered. Guessing 2025?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ll let you in on a little secret. Ford had zero interest in crating up hardtops and selling complete units at the parts counter. They may eventually get around to it, but the price will reflect the fact they don’t want to do it large scale. You will have to really want one. The strategy is to let the aftermarket fill in the gap.

Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There have been some 4 door MIC take offs on ebay listed for sale

Jander76

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't heard of a date -

Anderson Composites is also building one that should be released soon, my guess would be we see a handful of options by 1st - 2nd quarter 2023
Sponsored