indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Idk what people are talking about for Jeeps having high insurance. I went from an escape to a Wrangler and my insurance went from $130 to $87 a month for BOMB coverage. And I’m 24.
Same. We are not paying a lot for our Wrangler TJ at least. (Granted it's only collision.) I would say shop around for different insurance company/agent, if people are paying some exorbitant rate.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Off roading is not some new, COVID era activity. Many of us have been taking and using our daily driven vehicles off road since the day vehicles were created. Insurance covers most things, including sheer stupidity, once anyway. If you are worried, talk to your insurance company. This isn't a new concept to them.
Same. Many years off-roading in Colorado mountains, encountering lots of vehicles new and old, doubt most people were worried about insurance. Leastways I wasn't.

If damaging a vehicle doing something real crazy though, maybe claim the damage occurred further down the easier part of a trail, or on a dirt access road.

Some people are very risk averse though and will worry about it regardless. In that case, call the insurance agent, and might need to get an enhanced coverage or policy. I see State Farm offers an off-road policy, but seems more geared to ATVs etc.

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't race cars on tracks if I can't afford to wad them up and hopefully walk away from them. Lots of test and tune drag racers take their chances and lose at drag strips. I've even seen some who wreck on the strip and then get the car towed and dropped on the side of the road somewhere. With the black boxes in all cars now days, that may not be an option. If there isn't a fatality and the police department is small, they probably will not pull the information anyway. There are lots of things to consider.

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2012 Boss 302. Insurance isn’t bad at $108. I’m female living in Nevada.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am going to have to side with the Jeep forums after some quick research. It seems most will not cover damage once you leave the public road.
So this is the loophole I'm sure insurance companies would love to close. "Public Road" is any road that is numbered/named. In Colorado, there are less than 3 dozen 4x4 trails that do not fit that description. The rest all have Forest Service route numbers and are therefore considered "roads".

For the most part, they have to cover whatever incident occurred. The major exception is if they can prove gross negligence. Eg, don't have a 'hold my beer' moment and then post it all over Youtube.

The other gotcha that applies in all circumstances is modifications. Many insurance companies won't even discuss paying you for any mods you've done. Some require you to carry modification riders to cover the equipment. USAA gives you a flat $1000, no more no less.

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of different way they calculate insurance. As long as you are over 25 it wont make much of a difference but 4x4 will increase insurance rates over a 2x4.

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I don’t drive it all that much. I have full coverage. They didn’t say I couldn’t race.... lol ?

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I don’t drive it all that much. I have full coverage. They didn’t say I couldn’t race.... lol ?
I know my Boss is a race car, but I’m not sure if State Farm dose. I’m trying to make that car last, it’s my pride and joy and LOVE driving it. It’s a 2012 with 29k miles (I want it to last forever).

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've heard wranglers have some of the cheaper insurance quotes. Again, I've "HEARD" so take it with a grain of salt. I'm sure owners on here can confirm/deny this

When I quoted ADDING a Gladiator Rubicon to my policy, not replacing any cars, just adding a Gladiator, my rates actually went down. Insurance is the funniest thing sometimes. Hopefully the Bronco enjoys the same cheap rates.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had my f150 covered for warranty items that were only noticed when "offroad" - hub IWE actuator, no questions asked.

I figure the Bronco will be in line between the wife's GC and my truck and sit close to $600/6mos.
'05 LJ Wrangler $390/6 mos (100k/300k, $100/$500 ded)
'18 GC trail hawk - $550/6mos (100k/300k,$500/$500 ded)
'17 F150 lariat screw - $650/6mos (100k/300k,$500/$500 ded)

Most trails out here in CO are considered public or county roads so it would be tough for insurance not to cover it when off-roading unless you're being stupid. Moab and you roll it over, different story most likely.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those talking/advising about lying where the damage occurred, and then filing a claim, don’t ever do it. It is wrong, and in most states, it can result in a felony conviction.

As for insurance on a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, I pay $313 every six months.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd also guess that Ford knows where the cars are at any given time? From what I read with the Ford app you can locate your car with your phone. And who knows what's saved on the internal memory nowadays. I'd stay far away from making up a story, not worth that felony conviction.

Apple etc know where any phone is at any given time, from what I read they can even tell if you stand or sit. Waze automatically added my home address as "Home" in the search options, I never told it to. Just knows where I'm parked every day.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd also guess that Ford knows where the cars are at any given time? From what I read with the Ford app you can locate your car with your phone. And who knows what's saved on the internal memory nowadays. I'd stay far away from making up a story, not worth that felony conviction.

Apple etc know where any phone is at any given time, from what I read they can even tell if you stand or sit. Waze automatically added my home address as "Home" in the search options, I never told it to. Just knows where I'm parked every day.
Yes, both Ford and I know where my truck is at all times, including how much fuel, tire pressure, miles left on the tank etc.. All on my phone through Ford Pass app.
Sponsored