Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There could be a host of reasons it was not covered. Non-payment? Excluded driver? No collision coverage? In terms of the woman’s medical bills being covered, that would depend both on coverage and fault. Was the driver at fault? Did the woman contribute or cause the loss? All of those questions are considered and determined both by the insurance contract and state law (auto insurance is regulated at the state level). I go back to- read your policy, but using a vehicle off of a public road is not an exclusion I am familiar with. I have seen restrictions for competition and aftermarket modifications for speed, performance sound systems, wheels/tires, paint). I am no longer a licensed agent and regulations change all the time!
Sponsored

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My experience with insurance quotes on a Wrangler is that it is NOT cheap. The insurance on my 2012 Sahara Wrangler was more than insurance on a 2005 Corvette convertible I had and more than a 2009 Corvette Z51 I owned too.

Only car I've ever had where the insurance was more than that Wrangler is my current 2016 Challenger Hellcat. You want to talk about insane insurance rates...

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
My experience with insurance quotes on a Wrangler is that it is NOT cheap. The insurance on my 2012 Sahara Wrangler was more than insurance on a 2005 Corvette convertible I had and more than a 2009 Corvette Z51 I owned too.

Only car I've ever had where the insurance was more than that Wrangler is my current 2016 Challenger Hellcat. You want to talk about insane insurance rates...
I wasn't expecting a jump in insurance, what a bummer :(.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

my current 2016 Challenger Hellcat. You want to talk about insane insurance rates...
That comprehensive line item has to be $$$$. At least I know it would be here in Detroit. I can't own a Mopar vehicle her because someone will jack it. At least a 392 and above.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Idk what people are talking about for Jeeps having high insurance. I went from an escape to a Wrangler and my insurance went from $130 to $87 a month for BOMB coverage. And I’m 24.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Idk what people are talking about for Jeeps having high insurance. I went from an escape to a Wrangler and my insurance went from $130 to $87 a month for BOMB coverage. And I’m 24.
Maybe they think you own a Renegade.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a simple question, does your normal car insurance cover you if you total or damage your car while off road. More precisely while going way off the path or rock climbing? I only ask because I have sports cars that require "track day" insurance if I want to be covered while racing. Has anyone had trouble getting anything covered?

rapter.gif
Depends on the information you give up to the insurance company and likely who your insurer is. I know that my track days in my Bimmer are not covered, so I get race day policies which can be pricey if its a car club event.

Off roading could be different, but I've never done so in a newer vehicle as my Disco is a 1999. off roading on marked trails that have warnings may get you caught up, but nothing wrong with asking an exploratory question of your agent.

One reason Wranglers may be cheaper is because they're slow. Sports cars cost a ton due to risky behavior. Most new Wranglers never see dirt, so no risk. Safety or lack of is more of the risk in a Jeep. May as well be driving in a styrofoam box.

Jdbrew

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i’m an auto claims adjuster and Mattwings is correct, your auto policy is good everywhere except for what is listed in the exclusions. Each state has its own policy, they’re all very similar but one could exclude something that others don’t. As far as I know each state has an exclusion for a loss on a race track, but most don’t exclude being off the road. Each coverage “comprehensive and collision” will have their own list of exclusions. Those are the main coverages you’d be concerned with to cover damage to your vehicle. If you’re really concerned about coverage you should either read your policy, focusing on exclusions or talk to your agent.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My street bike was fully covered by State Farm when I totaled it at a track day since it was not a timed event . Friends that have dirt bikes have said the same . As long as it was not a timed race then they were fully covered if they totaled it while on a trail or just practicing on a track . My claim did not result in increased premiums but State Farm had accident forgiveness at the time so I had one free pass ,lol .

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Collision insurance should pay regardless of fault. (as long as it's not a timed event or race)
Bingo.

Best to talk to your agent or read the policy. But typically, you own a 4WD vehicle. It’s designed to go off-road. Just because you ran out of talent doesn't mean they won’t cover it. Just also expect them to drop you at policy renewal and your rate to skyrocket for a couple years after.

Don’t ask me how I know ?

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If they find out it's a Sasquatch and manual, they will know you're bad news and you will get squatched ?with higher premiums

Murph56789

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos/F350s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They can’t prove you did damage off road if no one was there to see it and contradict your story..

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My 2015 Rubicon is less than $300/6 months full coverage. Mine is a base with rubicon package that you can't get anymore, according to their website.
Sponsored