MuttonBuster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12/20 Build BL/SAS/LUX/Tow/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Title. What is the best Insurance company for covering off-roading?

I don't plan on entering BAJA races, but I do plan on doing some serious rock crawling. I've figured I'd just replace whatever got damaged, since everything is Modular (doors and panels). However, I'm interested in how costly it is to add off-road coverage, and which companies are most favorable.

Thanks!
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Confused... what are you looking for exactly? Are you hoping to get insurance coverage that pays for everything you bang up? Or do you want insurance that just covers your liability?

If you just want liability coverage and are willing to pay for any bangs yourself... any insurance plan will work. Just skip the comprehensive coverage and only pay for liability/medical. Just keep in mind that if you have an auto loan, some loan companies will require you to carry comprehensive coverage until you pay off the loan.

OP
OP
MuttonBuster

MuttonBuster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Confused... what are you looking for exactly? Are you hoping to get insurance coverage that pays for everything you bang up? Or do you want insurance that just covers your liability?

If you just want liability coverage and are willing to pay for any bangs yourself... any insurance plan will work. Just skip the comprehensive coverage and only pay for liability/medical. Just keep in mind that if you have an auto loan, some loan companies will require you to carry comprehensive coverage until you pay off the loan.
I'm not sure what types of insurance are available. I've seen off-road forums say that they just have their regular insurance. However, I've also seen some mention that certain insurance carriers will not cover off-road damage, while others will. So i'm hoping to get an idea which carrier is the best. Also, I'm wondering if companies have additional coverage plans.

Sorry, if it's confusing. I am not sure what is out there, so I'm looking for all inputs.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have USAA and never had an issue when I’ve FUBAR’ed something off road. But then I never made claims for it as it shouldn’t have been covered.

Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
MuttonBuster

MuttonBuster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m assuming you are trying to get coverage on your bronco in case you do something like this? https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...stom-glass-hardtop-rolls-over-on-trail.32420/

I’m curious too. I just assumed I’d have to pay out of pocket, but there’s always a market for buying/selling risk.
Should I ask GEICO for a discount, since I went to the Off-Rodeao driving school? LOL. I can tell them it's so easy a Sasquatch can do it.

I think if you roll over that's a different claim than if you slide off a rock and dent a door.

I checked and GEICO doesn't have any restrictions in their Comprehensive coverage fine print. However, I'm sure that a rollover would be a real issue.
Sponsored