First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey all - first time posting here, now that I have something to post about. I attended the Off Roadeo event here in Texas - on day 2 of the event starting this week. I live in South Austin, so it was an easy and scenic drive out there - just under an hour on hwy 71.

I'm getting a Basequatch, 2 door in carbonized grey with the 2.7L - I was lucky to find an example of this exact same build out at the event, although it was not the one I was driving - I had a chance to crawl all over it and get inside and take lots of photos. It was one of the few that actually had a hard top on it. Lots of soft tops out there as you can imagine. For both days I was driving a 2 door Badlands with Sasquatch - so it was pretty close to get a feel for it (other than the big screen & cameras and upgraded interior, which aren't a priority for me)

At home I have 2 flathead powered Model A Fords (a sedan and a roadster) and a 51 Mercury - So I'm a Ford guy and I dig the old stuff. The Bronco definitely hit that sweet spot for me of being a new car that has the 60s heritage styling on it. I think Ford really nailed it on this one. I've done lots of kinds of driving and drag racing, but this is my first time doing any off road wheeling and man, it was a BLAST. The Off Roadeo event is great - the ranch that they set it up at is huge and beautiful out here in the Hill Country, instructors were really good and knowledgeable and they led us to do some challenging stuff out there. They wanted you to really push it and give things a go, they weren't being nervous of hesitant. They clearly invested a lot in making this a really fun and good looking experience. They built the Base Camp building and cut in all the trails out there in just 6 months which is impressive.

So great to be surrounded by all the Broncos out there and see em all lined up and getting driven. They look so killer on the move and the trail. Nice to be able to compare all the models and especially get to drive em. Design is so good and fit & finish really shows when you open and close doors, hit switches, etc - all those little things you want to feel solid when you touch them. Can't believe how capable they are out on the trails - especially on the 2 door with a shorter wheelbase - going up and over big obstacles with the Sasquatch suspension and all that tall rubber just ate up everything in front of it. The hairpin turns are so tight with that trail assist. It definitely whet my appetite for more.

Day 1 you do a lot of learning the basics and going over some of the tech and modes in the Broncos and some driving - then Day 2 you do a lot more challenging course with rocks and rivers and big rock climbing - and end the day with opening it up in a big dirt and mud track with lots of sliding turns. Its a great mixture of terrain.

So I'll post a bunch of photos I took out there and a few videos - if anyone has any questions lemme know.

Starting off with in and around base camp. So. Many. Broncos.... (they won't miss that one carb grey Basequatch, right?)

IMG_4551.jpg

IMG_4433.jpg

IMG_4376.jpg

IMG_4373.jpg

IMG_4382.jpg

IMG_4379.jpg

IMG_4403.jpg

IMG_4415.jpg
IMG_4424.jpg

IMG_4421.jpg

IMG_4452.jpg

IMG_4425.jpg
IMG_4410.jpg

IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4434.jpg
IMG_4453.jpg

IMG_4464.jpg

IMG_4466.jpg

IMG_4470.jpg

IMG_4472.jpg

IMG_4473.jpg

IMG_4418.jpg

IMG_4413.jpg
IMG_4422.jpg
Damn, that Bronconvoy is asking to be waylaid by a band of armed cowboys on horseback in Texas who will disappear into the desert with the bounty of Broncos! 😂
Sponsored

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mannual transmission

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonderful photos, thank you for sharing.

OP
OP
Bronkolohe

Bronkolohe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1929 Ford Model As - sedan & roadster
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mannual transmission
Yes - the Bronco in front of me was a 4 door with manual trans. A few folks traded off to give that a try. Interesting to see how that one performed out there.They used the crawler gear to go up the notch. Seemed like the clutch was a little tight/jumpy and took folks a little bit to get used to. This is it first in line here.

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4408

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronkolohe

Bronkolohe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Damn the CactusG looks really good here
Yes - I agree, that was my second fave color. Too bad they only offer it in the upper trim levels.

In pictures it has more of a green cast to it, but in person in full sun it looked more like a dove grey - the antimatter blue also looks really different in person than pictures

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4497

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4548

OP
OP
Bronkolohe

Bronkolohe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also confirmed in person - I really like the look of the base headlights with the chrome trim ring and inside floating bar over the signature headlights - these really look sharp and more vintage styled to my eye. That little touch of brightwork pops up there

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4545

Bronco-Lirious

Badlands
First Name
Rudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning - 2003 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the great pictures, I enjoyed watching the "recovery' video. Nice to see the Bronco digging in to pull their stable mate back onto the rocky trail.

OP
OP
Bronkolohe

Bronkolohe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the great pictures, I enjoyed watching the "recovery' video. Nice to see the Bronco digging in to pull their stable mate back onto the rocky trail.

Yeah that was really fun for the rest of us, but not as fun for the poor guy stuck on the rocks leaning way over in the full sun while everyone was taking pictures of him.

Still it looked pretty awesome

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4509

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The photographs are very very good. If I can ask, what camera / lens did you use to capture them? Excellent framing and exposure!

Thank you. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronkolohe

Bronkolohe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The photographs are very very good. If I can ask, what camera / lens did you use to capture them? Excellent framing and exposure!

Thank you. :)

Hey thanks Jake! the hill country setting is really great for photos out there. All of these I actually took on my iPhone 11 - the little camera on there is surprisingly good! and think of all the gear I don't have to carry!

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes - I agree, that was my second fave color. Too bad they only offer it in the upper trim levels.

In pictures it has more of a green cast to it, but in person in full sun it looked more like a dove grey - the antimatter blue also looks really different in person than pictures

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4439

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4439
What's your favorite color btw?

I ordered the Carb Gray but OW, VB, and Cactus is really growing on me.

BTW, great job on the photos. Taking the time to take good photos were hard when I saw them in person, it was like I blacked out and just wanna live in the moment.

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Steering column-centered clutch and brake pedals”…..

I can’t help but image the mechanical atrocity that preceded the Bronco U-100, making this selling point relevant to the 1965 buyer.. LOL
Sponsored