Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands - 2023 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went to Hidden Falls this weekend and got to do some climbing and play in the mud a bit.

Specs:

Eibach Coilovers set at 3" with Zone UCAs

Broncbuster Body Lift 3"

Amber lightbar and LED pods
from @MandRautomotive

Amber marker lights from @broncoledshop

Wheels Method MR315 17x9 -12

Tires BFG KM3s 37"

Flares from KBD

Broncbuster Ultimate steering upgrade package
Ford Bronco Off-Roading 2022 Badlands @ Hidden Falls 20221127_082719
Ford Bronco Off-Roading 2022 Badlands @ Hidden Falls 20221127_082800
Ford Bronco Off-Roading 2022 Badlands @ Hidden Falls 20221127_113050
Ford Bronco Off-Roading 2022 Badlands @ Hidden Falls 20221127_113102
Ford Bronco Off-Roading 2022 Badlands @ Hidden Falls 20221127_161000
Ford Bronco Off-Roading 2022 Badlands @ Hidden Falls 20221127_161311
Ford Bronco Off-Roading 2022 Badlands @ Hidden Falls 20221127_152855
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your Chonco looks good. But beyond the flex posing is the lift with 37's really necessary at Hidden Falls? In your one photo, there is a moar door black diamond on the stock grabbers and steelies. Were they keeping pace with your rig? Or did they have to use bypasses.

OP
OP
fields_day

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your Chonco looks good. But beyond the flex posing is the lift with 37's really necessary at Hidden Falls? In your one photo, there is a moar door black diamond on the stock grabbers and steelies. Were they keeping pace with your rig? Or did they have to use bypasses.
We've had all level Broncos out there from Base stock Big Bends to more decked out ones like ours.

That stock BD in the pic did pretty good, better tires and he could of made it through a bit more. He had to take a few bypasses and one steep muddy hill he couldn't make it up (video below).

There are definitely some hard trails there where lift and big tires plus full skids are absolutely needed..

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We've had all level Broncos out there from Base stock Big Bends to more decked out ones like ours.

That stock BD in the pic did pretty good, better tires and he could of made it through a bit more. He had to take a few bypasses and one steep muddy hill he couldn't make it up (video below).

There are definitely some hard trails there where lift and big tires plus full skids are absolutely needed..

Thanks. I didn't mean to imply that your build is only for looks. Even if it is, it looks awesome (but at a significant cost). I was just curious if the stock HOSS 1.0 rigs were able to handle the Hidden Falls. I'm attending the Off-Roadeo on the 12th and figure to take a day exploring Hidden Falls either before or after.

Last edited:

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wished I could of made it with y'all this go round @tx_chonco . Looks like y'all had a blast in the mud!

@Beach_Bum there is plenty of trails for everyone (easy to hard) so you should check it out if your schedule allows. That said, they are closed Monday through Wednesday so not sure how that plays into your schedule.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I need to make it out there for one of the get togethers....they just haven't been when I'm available. And the 4 hour drive sucks poopie diapers! I wish I had somewhere closer to Houston to take the Wildtrak.

OP
OP
fields_day

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. I didn't mean to imply that your build is only for looks. Even if it is, it looks awesome (but at a significant cost). I was just curious if the stock HOSS 1.0 rigs were able to handle the Hidden Falls. I'm attending the Off-Roadeo on the 12th and figure to take a day exploring Hidden Falls either before or after.
You're gonna love it! Our group actually ran into the Off-Rodeo guys that day at Hidden Falls.. They were doing trail clean up. Just stick to the map they give you, it has all the trails and the difficulty for each one. Plenty of bypasses on most of the big trails too.

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like a great group! Really looking to making one of the next rides. At a minimum, hoping to make the next meet at a local watering hole.

OP
OP
fields_day

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like a great group! Really looking to making one of the next rides. At a minimum, hoping to make the next meet at a local watering hole.
Awesome! I'll be planning our December meet here soon, keep an eye on the IG.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The 5 diamond trails at hidden falls will absolutely put a lifted Bronco on 37's at its limits. 3 diamonds will challenge a stock Sasquatch Bronco, but you should come out unscathed.

atx_chance

Badlands
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 1993 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am hoping to tag along next time and get my pavement princess dirty. Got myself some very basic recovery gear so I’m not putting wear on other people’s gear when I inevitably get stuck.

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've taken my base there from stock height to a what its at now on 33s and 2 inch lift. Stock height you're almost guaranteed to scrape your rear lca mounts and shock mounts on the level 3 trails. With the slight lift, bigger tires, and skid plates I'm way more comfortable tackling some of the harder level 3 trails and driving around the park. I try to hang with these guys as much as I can when I wheel with them and can do about 75% of the stuff they do. Luckily there are bypasses for almost everything there.

acarzt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's the IG?

I'm in the Austin area and wouldn't mind tagging along on one of these!

OP
OP
fields_day

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's the IG?

I'm in the Austin area and wouldn't mind tagging along on one of these!
Sorry, totally missed this. @sanantoniobroncos

I'm planning on setting up an event in Feb out at Still Waters Ranch in Llano. This month a few of us are doing the Wheeling for a Cause event at Katemcy next week.
Sponsored