Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I was there the trail guide was saying they used to offer 2 laps around the high speed course. Sadly they had to stop it because a guy full sent it over one of the 2 jumps (also no longer in the course) and blew the suspension and all the air bags...so they toned down the course, lowered the speed limit and limited it to 1 lap. whomp whomp...
Oh man bahahah. We got to do one lap at 25mph :( I went a lil faster though hehe
Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh man bahahah. We got to do one lap at 25mph :( I went a lil faster though hehe
Yeah, 1 lap at 25 mph...I think I got up to about 35 though. The trail guide said to me "so the speed limit is 25, but there's no limit on how fast you get there if you catch my meaning wink wink..." and when we were talking afterwards he said "we limit it to 25 and hope you keep it under 30".

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I was there the trail guide was saying they used to offer 2 laps around the high speed course. Sadly they had to stop it because a guy full sent it over one of the 2 jumps (also no longer in the course) and blew the suspension and all the air bags...so they toned down the course, lowered the speed limit and limited it to 1 lap. whomp whomp...
Wow, that’s sad to hear. This is why we can’t have nice things haha. Wish we had a video bc I want to know how much air a Bronco can get now before landing all the airbags activate.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was thinking the same thing on first hand knowledge. So these Broncos running today may not be the same ones used a year ago. Not sure I would be first in line for a Moab Bronco with 3-4k miles of trails. Something tells me the selling prices wouldn't appropriately reflect the history.
Perhaps someone who has better search kung-fu can find the thread. But the insinuation was that because the vehicles were never titled/registered, they were able to be sold "new" with no explanation on the added miles. I'm sure before being cycled out, they are gone through to make sure they are all mechanically fine.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There were two broncos towed back to the maintenance shed during the day when I went to Texas late last year. Watching the recovery of one of them was a nice learning experience but killed an hour of our drive time.

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Vegas one I went to had a few thousand on each Bronco. Tires were torn to shit but kind of to be expected with constant abuse. I still think trail turn assist was a complete mistake to put on a vehicle because 90% of people do not give a shit and are going to DESTROY trails left and right using it when a three point turn would work all the same over half the time.

EpicExplorer

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow, that’s sad to hear. This is why we can’t have nice things haha. Wish we had a video bc I want to know how much air a Bronco can get now before landing all the airbags activate.
It'd be cool if they offered follow up sessions that you can have more freedom with. Like several tiers with each getting more technical and less restrictive. I haven't been to one but I can imagine reaching the max speed and feeling that urge to push it a little bit more.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Vegas one I went to had a few thousand on each Bronco. Tires were torn to shit but kind of to be expected with constant abuse. I still think trail turn assist was a complete mistake to put on a vehicle because 90% of people do not give a shit and are going to DESTROY trails left and right using it when a three point turn would work all the same over half the time.
I also posted about the trail ruining aspect of TTA and got flamed a bit on this forum. I'll save TTA for sand and snow.

Regarding Off Rodeo Bronco reliability. I live near the dealer where the Moab ones were delivered and see one there once in a while for service. Don't know if they're in for maintenance or repair. I've been curious why they don't use the dealer in Moab.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This was our 2 door Badlands Sasquatch. All of them had the Sasquatch package there. Besides the rear bumpers being beat up. They said just washing them no real maintenance to that they would speak of .
Ford Bronco Off Rodeo Broncos durability/maintenance/issues 1ECCD638-DAA0-44E2-814F-77C6DCD24AD5

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went to Moab in March and asked this question of two of the three guides. My Bronco was an April build so didn’t have it yet, and I hate buying a first or second year design vehicle. Both told me the older Broncos were at around 8,000 miles, guessed around 50% off road and 50% on. They both said they were actually shocked at how well they had held up, with only three serious issues, two of them driver-error caused. One of the guys is a mechanic himself, and not just a Ford guy, and was clearly a straight shooter. I felt really good about what I saw, heard, and experienced from the people who spend a lot of time watching newbies beat these things up.
Sponsored