Sponsored

Official Grill (Cooking Outside) Thread!

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had been doing foil on the brisket but I am trying to dry out my crust a little so I started playing with paper. Might go back but still playing around. Saw a cool idea I want to try tomorrow and spray with Worcestershire sauce.
Sponsored

ItsAfram

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3,2,1 method is the best for ribs. I was missing out before I tried that route.

Brisket pretty much the same as you but its salt, pepper and I do spritz it with apple cider vinegar every 45 mins ish. I still use foil mostly (aka the Texas Crutch LOL). I need to get a wider role of butcher paper next time. The one I got the last time I tried, frustrated me to no end (user error Im sure)
I did brisket using butcher paper a few weeks back and It turned out amazing. Definitely get the 18” or wider roll...

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Brisket: I'm a no wrap brisket guy. I start my cooks around 10 or 11PM the night before and let it go all night at 225. If it gets done by noon, great, but if not I just let it go. Rest in a cooler wrapped with towels and it'll be fine. I've had a brisket in a cooler for 5 hours before because it was done so early.

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No picks but did pick up some pink paper at lowes in the BBQ section. Compared do foil...so much better. However, so much longer to cook. The brisket came out like beef bacon. Downed a bottle of wine in celebration.

OP
OP
j_marinelli

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Grilled some NY strips and Krazy Korn.

Steak has a goat cheese topping with a reduction of balsamic vinegar drizzle on it.

Ford Bronco Official Grill (Cooking Outside) Thread! 20200816_171434

On Friday I did do a couple Costco pork lions with a garlic sesame teriyaki sauce.

Ford Bronco Official Grill (Cooking Outside) Thread! 20200814_185155

Been on a sauce/topping kick to make the same things taste different.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Grilled some NY strips and Krazy Korn.

Steak has a goat cheese topping with a reduction of balsamic vinegar drizzle on it.
If your looking for a quick substitute for goat cheese try cream cheese. My wife does not like the game-ie taste of the goat cheese and found cream cheese is great...plus it is easier to find in a pinch.

MikeTR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I need your opinion guys. Which grill is better for cooking chicken and burgers, kamado or gas grill? My wife and i have kinda opposite opinions on that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
j_marinelli

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need your opinion guys. Which grill is better for cooking chicken and burgers, kamado or gas grill? My wife and i have kinda opposite opinions on that.

Man it all comes down to personal preference. I think the kamado (egg) would make the chicken more moist. When it comes to taste there is a couple different spins. 1. some people prefer to taste meat without any time of "smoke" or other flavors. Those people lean toward gas. I group myself with the other side and prefer to have a little extra flavor added to it from cooking with wood, charcoal, pellets, etc.. No right or wrong. I will say the pellet grill is a good compromise between both the kamado and gas grills. Doesn't give you flavor but you have the ability to pick the flavor (based on the pellets you put in it). Also heats up pretty darn fast like a gas grill which is nice for weekday grilling.

Sponsored

MikeTR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks man. Pellet grill is a nice idea - will look into. Btw is true that kamado grill helps you to save money on charcoal because of the heat retention?

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

who's got recommendation on a good BBQ cover (60inch). Needs to be able to handle Canadian winters and summers. (-30c to +40c) including every bit of weather type. Current one lasted just over a year before it started drying out and tearing.

OP
OP
j_marinelli

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks man. Pellet grill is a nice idea - will look into. Btw is true that kamado grill helps you to save money on charcoal because of the heat retention?

Yes and no LOL you really should only use lump charcoal in a kamado grill. That typically cost more but in turn does burn longer. They have some lump charcoal out there that they claim can burn up to 18 house ?