Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

thats cute. So you have put 2 and 2 together then as well as to just what i was saying that has ben confirmed for most of the day? That allocations to dealers could dramatically affect whether you get a 2021 vs a 2022, no matter your reservation date.
You never answered my question
Sponsored

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would like to know how it works...I can't see an angle. No need to call the guy's integrity into question. If he's got an angle he's got an angle. I just don't see it?
He wants to get as many 21 broncos on the lot as possible and then sell them at huge markups because there is literally 0 supply beyond reservations so he can get a shit load of profit. Hence why ford put in place all of the stipulations and protections they did but he is just trying to work his way around it. Don't worry though there have been a lot of dealerships doing stuff they shouldn't and ford finds out

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow, cutting off MY21 at Sept 18 reservations. Glad I got in quickly!
I guess that makes sense and my hope is that they plan to complete all those by year end and anything after that would just have 2022 model specs, which probably be mostly the same....maybe a few new colors

BellyRat

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would like to know how it works...I can't see an angle. No need to call the guy's integrity into question. If he's got an angle he's got an angle. I just don't see it?

Yeah....well go back and read all his posts...and then let me know what you think of his "integrity".

And as far as an "angle". To me...any dealer bilking the system simply to maximize profits at the customer's expense is like a CEO selling off his stock right before announcing bankruptcy. But hey...maybe that's just fine with some folks.

Last edited:

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the most level-headed post I've seen.

Judging by a lot of folks here B&P will truly be the only thing to bring them inner peace.
Plus once people know the MSRP they can begin negotiating with the dealer And determine whether they go with that one or a different one, or the cost will be prohibitive.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
(y) Looks like it is still possible to change based on conversions to orders as well

ty

Could you outline an example scenario how that would happen?
Yep- Initial - meaning not final

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He wants to get as many 21 broncos on the lot as possible and then sell them at huge markups because there is literally 0 supply beyond reservations so he can get a shit load of profit. Hence why ford put in place all of the stipulations and protections they did but he is just trying to work his way around it. Don't worry though there have been a lot of dealerships doing stuff they shouldn't and ford finds out
Yeah....well go back and read all his posts...and then let me know what you think of his "integrity".

And as far as an "angle". To me...any dealer bilking the system simply to maximize profits is like a CEO selling off his stock right before announcing bankruptcy. But hey...maybe that's just fine with some folks.
I've read many of his posts...I know who he is. Im neither supporting, nor defending anyone. I get the reason he would try to do this...but the nuts and bolts of how it would work I don't get. You are still selling a used car for higher than new car $. I mean if there's that many customers that will go along w/that program...what a time to be alive!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 7/14 reservation....I will be canceling it and using my 10/2 reservation with Granger. I did this with intent and full knowledge that this would mean waiting until 2022 for my Bronco.

I have two nice cars, I don't mind the wait and I wanted the confusion to shake itself out and see if any new colors/options were added, who knows I may wait for the Hybrid, but I doubt it. It's not a money issue, I most likely will be paying cash.

So, there are those of us out there, we are not all "dreamers" and I don't see where post count applies to anything.....maybe the serious buyers are just quieter... ?‍♂
I guess my post doesn't apply to you. I may be looking too deep into this, but my thought on low post counts is are those people really making a reservation or are they shills trying to drive others to make reservations? To sign up here and their first post is heaping praise on the dealer and announcing they made a reservation. Sure, they could have been lurking a while, but something about that raises my eyebrows.

BellyRat

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've read many of his posts...I know who he is. Im neither supporting, nor defending anyone. I get the reason he would try to do this...but the nuts and bolts of how it would work I don't get
Well...like I said, ask him. Given his demonstrated "integrity" thus far I'm sure he will be very honest and forthcoming with you about all of the "nuts and bolts".

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the Bronco Reservation page:

Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.

Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everyone mad about getting MY2022 Broncos missed the part where Ford said you were reserving a "new" Bronco, not a 2021. Did anyone really think all orders could be filled in just a few months from a plant that also has to make 90,000 Rangers next year?
I would expect the output to be around 400k a year, based the output of F150s between mostly 2 plants.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would expect the output to be around 400k a year, based the output of F150s between mostly 2 plants.
No way map builds 400k per year...its a much older and smaller plant than either F150 plant.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn’t see it as getting screwed over. I don’t think this is making you wait any longer than you already would have been for making a late reservation.

It is just acknowledging that they had to transition to MY2022 at some point. It would have looked nuts if there were still delivering MY2021 trucks in the 2022 calendar year.
I think it means those people could have their vehicles in the same Time frame they have been saying, (into 2022) but with more options available.....Warthog, special editions, green, light interior, white roof etc....sounds like a good thing for procrastinators

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not only is it not slimy, it’s a “benefit” to their customers and absolutely the same thing as Granger selling vehicles below invoice... at least that’s what the marketing group at Akins Ford says anyway
Like has been said many times, big dealers are big for a reason. As long as it's legal, many will do it. The dealer and the customer both win. The only people unhappy are those on the sidelines.
Sponsored