Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboatsā€¦
Your Bronco Model
Base
1668101595023.png

Or maybe you're more of a picture person:

1668101637450.png
The Feds are wrong too! They just grouped southern Jersey in because they didn't want to split the state. I'll give you Mid Atlantic at best if you're north of I-70. :LOL: :ROFLMAO::p
Sponsored

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My father was an applications engineer for Mobil (then later ExxonMobil) for 34 years. He did a lot of failure analysis work with the Mobil 1 sponsored race teams, off-shore powerboat racing, and large equipment manufacturers. He knew more about modern engine lubrication using advanced synthetic oil than anyone I ever met.

His personal routine was Mobil 1 every 10K - 15k, with filter changes about every 5k, for regular use passenger vehicles.

If you DO perform your own oil changes, do yourself a favor.... enter the receipts (and pictures what's on the receipt) into the FordPass app so you have proof of the maintenance you performed.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Feds are wrong too! They just grouped southern Jersey in because they didn't want to split the state. I'll give you Mid Atlantic at best if you're north of I-70. :LOL: :ROFLMAO::p
I'm north of the lower PA border. You're just going to have to deal with it, and hopefully stop spamming this oil thread with your nonsense.

Grant3168

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 G37, 2006 G35
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Still waiting on my Bronco that's on the way soon. But for both of my current vehicles (Infiniti G35 and G37) I change both of these car's oil with synthetic every 5k at the maximum, usually change around 4k miles. However, both of these cars are known to burn oil and they are both older (16 and 9 years old) For newer vehicles, I know its very common to change every 10k with synthetic and youll be fine. I'll probably change my Bronco's oil every 7,500, like your dealer is recommending just to keep my mind calm. Oil changes are the cheapest thing you can do to maintain the life and performance of your vehicles. Even cheaper if you do it yourself, like I do.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
If look at the oil at 5,000 miles, it will appear very dirty and smell diluted.

If you test the oil at 5,000 miles, the results will very likely show lots of life left and minimal dilution.

I change mine fairly frequently because I enjoy it. I will also admit, its not very necessary.
After reading this thread I feel like I have OCD because I change the oil at 3k miles or a year, whatever comes first... I have used synthetics since they came out.

Wouldn't be able to sleep if I let it go past 3k miles...

Sponsored

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My father was an applications engineer for Mobil (then later ExxonMobil) for 34 years. He did a lot of failure analysis work with the Mobil 1 sponsored race teams, off-shore powerboat racing, and large equipment manufacturers. He knew more about modern engine lubrication using advanced synthetic oil than anyone I ever met.

His personal routine was Mobil 1 every 10K - 15k, with filter changes about every 5k, for regular use passenger vehicles.

If you DO perform your own oil changes, do yourself a favor.... enter the receipts (and pictures what's on the receipt) into the FordPass app so you have proof of the maintenance you performed.
Reminds me of what an Army mechanic told me theyā€™d do with the motor pool vehicles, only they never changed the oil, just topped it off as necessary. The theory supposedly was that the metal particles in the oil that were small enough to pass through the filter would wear or deform and work like micro ball bearings. Clearly this is a little extreme and likely not what your dad was doing but I always wondered if there was any truth to it or it was just some guyā€™s b.s. excuse so he could gank the oil they were supposed to be using in the vehicles and sell it on the side.

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
After reading this thread I feel like I have OCD because I change the oil at 3k miles or a year, whatever comes first... I have used synthetics since they came out.

Wouldn't be able to sleep if I let it go past 3k miles...
The 3K mile oil change interval is recommended for conventional mineral-based oils because, the way those oils break down, that's safe bet for all conditions of use.

Because synthetics don't break down, you only need to keep out the containments, hence the more frequent filter changes.

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm north of the lower PA border. You're just going to have to deal with it, and hopefully stop spamming this oil thread with your nonsense.
I see what you did there with that lineā€¦

Apologies for the ribbing. I thought between the Cheto grill and being from Jersey youā€™d get the humor.

Montducati

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-350, 2020 BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was thinking I want do the first oil change at 3k miles. I feel like that is when the majority of the break-in occurs and I'd like to get that first oil out sooner than later.
Sponsored